Hawks @ Farty Niners

Gametime

Re: Hawks @ Farty Niners

Post by Gametime » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:13 pm

Do players stop listening to Pete's Sunshine pumping? Bennett and Sherm basically said so. Not so sure those guys have the best attitudes in the world. But, they said this and seems to be true.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:32 pm

Gametime wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:13 pm
Do players stop listening to Pete's Sunshine pumping? Bennett and Sherm basically said so. Not so sure those guys have the best attitudes in the world. But, they said this and seems to be true.
It’s really starting to seem so. Same issues over and over again. How many different times can we hear that the defense is bad because of a lack of communication, need to trust their assignment, or some other lame ass excuse. How many OCs can be fired?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:11 pm

dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:16 pm

What a class organization. Isn't that like a "bounty"? Two weeks ago they have a LB fighting a fucking security guard on the sidelines, this week another LB drills a WR in the back of the head and celebrates that the WR snapped. Lost a bit of respect for them and that dork coach.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:20 pm

"If you want to call it frustration, yeah, it was frustration," Metcalf told reporters after the game. "But from my side, he hit me in the back of the head. So I just retaliated from that."
I just don't understand how THAT part of it is so glossed over. Fuck the NFL. Just give the Niners the ring if that is the script then.

One of the announcers actually laughed and said "see, they always catch the second guy who reacts". But? The Niners are awesome because they went into the game with a plan to fight DK. Sure, DK needs to get his shit in check, but if I'm DK, and that thug Warner hits me in the fucking back of the head? It's on.

Imagine the outcry right now if DK was the one that hit Warner in the back of the head!?

douche

Post by douche » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm

I saw Metcalf simply tackling the guy who had the ball. DK had no idea that Warner had already tossed it to someone else. And then Warner's up and slams Metcalf in the neck? Wow.

Another example of shit officiating, in my opinion. If the ref is going to throw a flag on Metcalf for the body slam, then he should have also thrown a flag for the slam in the neck. There was no reason to hit Metcalf, he was sitting on the ground. That shot Warner took was pure retaliation and the zebra didn't call it.

Just my opinion.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:31 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm
I saw Metcalf simply tackling the guy who had the ball. DK had no idea that Warner had already tossed it to someone else. And then Warner's up and slams Metcalf in the neck? Wow.

Another example of shit officiating, in my opinion. If the ref is going to throw a flag on Metcalf for the body slam, then he should have also thrown a flag for the slam in the neck. There was no reason to hit Metcalf, he was sitting on the ground. That shot Warner took was pure retaliation and the zebra didn't call it.

Just my opinion.
IMO? It's worse than that. The officiating is dogshit, and is only getting worse. What annoys me is the story after. Seriously? Warner laughs and jokes about it after the game, the announcers DURING the game only wanted to talk about what a hot head DK is, and one of them even questioned why the 49er CB was ejected, when he comes flying in and hits DK in the facemask. So? The guy that hits DK in the back of the head gets off Scott free, DK is a villain for retaliating, and the CB who wasn't even involved but comes running in and hits DK is a victim!?

I am beginning to believe all of the conspiracy theories out there about the NFL. It's a bad look if the 49ers are bad guys and end up being the Face of the NFL. SO? Warner is funny for doing what he did, the Corner is a victim and DK is a thug. Bullshit.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:31 pm
Warner is funny for doing what he did, the Corner is a victim and DK is a thug. Bullshit.
Agreed.

This week's power ranking:

rankings.png
rankings.png (174.44 KiB) Viewed 168 times

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:24 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:14 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:31 pm
Warner is funny for doing what he did, the Corner is a victim and DK is a thug. Bullshit.
Agreed.

This week's power ranking:

rankings.png
They've been trying to figure out how to get rid of Ken Walker all year. I don't get it, but they don't like him it sure seems.

On October 22nd against Arizona he had 26 carries for 105 yards, and another 3 targets for 6 yards. Not fantastic, but obviously a part of the offense.

Total targets and carries per game, a pretty good barometer of how involved they want him in the offense.
First six games - 109 carries and 16 targets. 125 times he was involved in the play. Over 20 a game. 4 wins and 2 losses after that Arizona win.
Next five games he has played in - 48 carries and 12 targets. 60 times he was involved in the play. 12 times per game. 1 win and 4 losses.

He had six rushing TDs in the first five games. I don't get it. I realize it is easier to run the ball when you are winning, but besides the Baltimore game, what game did he play that we had no chance to try and run the ball in?

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:28 am

DK didn't tackle Warner....he body slammed him. The ref threw the flag and rightfully so. DK has a rep and thats on him.

What didn't happen and should have was a flag for Warners cheap shot to the back of DK's head. Warner is a dick.

Imo, DK deserved that penalty. He maybe a passionate guy but he's a liability on the field.