PFF grades thread

Pharmabro

Re: PFF grades thread

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:14 am

I think you are using your 1st 5-6 picks on lineman.
Every cent you spend in FA should be on difference makers.
D-LINE
Chris Jones
DT Christian Wilkins
dt Justin Madubuike
Leonard Williams is OK
O-LINE
LT Tyron Smith

If you could convert some of that Adams-Diggs wasted safety money and allocate that to getting say Smith and Williams and then maybe get your 1st 4 picks on the trenches it should be a good strategy. Unless you get a unicorn slippage, and you could get a 1st Rd. rated guy with a 4th or something. I have not looked at the money under the cap and how much cap room could be gained by cutting dudes. BUt fix the dang lines.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:43 am

Totally understand why the Hawks want to limit Walker's touches. Not.

Just fucking maddening watching what these fuckers do with the players they have. You could give Pete a chess set, and since he only knows how to play checkers, he'd just play checkers instead of learning how.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:12 am

Thanks SH.

Key Takeaways:

Offense

QB: Geno is significantly better than Lock. Though I wonder how it would look if the snap counts were reversed. Draft a QB early!!!!

RB: Walker is a stud that the HC supposedly obsessed with the run decided to underutilize. Zach with a solid Rookie year. Do NOT draft a RB. We Good!

WR: Shocker, Dk and Lockett are damn good. Meh year for JSN but not bad for a rookie. I was hoping for more out of a 1st rounder. Very good year for Bobo. I would like to see his snap counts doubled next season. Do NOT draft any WRs. We Good.

TE: Surprised Parkingson sucked. Dissly was fine but not with his salary. Fant was just ok. Depending on who is available consider a day three TE pick.

T: Terrible year for Lucas both with injuries and performance. Cross is solid but a bit disappointing for a 1st rounder. Might consider drafting a T/G combo for depth.

G: Every one of them in the 50s. Just gross. Draft another Guard and get it right this time.

C: Holy shit why are we the only team in the league that can go a decade without finding a guy that can snap a ball and block at an at least average level. Draft another one.

Defense

CB: Hey we nailed a 1st round pick for once. Witherspoon is a stud. Good job. Michael Jackson showed that perhaps you should NOT make decisions based on a couple Preseason games??? Cobe Bryant is deader than his namesake. Artie Burns is a solid depth piece. Hopefully just a sophomore slump for Woolen and he wasn't horrible with a 67 grade. Decent season for Brown. Could use another CB but other needs are more pressing.

S: Holy Fuck we need to clear the decks. We have Love and the rest I Hate. Must draft one after dumping Diggs and Adams. Reed doesn't seem to be the answer but maybe he gets better with more playing time.

LB: Just put Bobby in the HOF now. What a dude. What a career. 80+ rating at his age is insane. Finally done with another 1st round pick fail in Brooks. Bush is Bush league. Need help here obviously.

DI: Mario solid as a rotational piece. If Williams wants to continue to be a part of this Swiss cheese shit show, sure then resign him. Adams and Reed decent but obviously not good enough. Decent rookie season for Young considering where he was drafted but drafting another difference make to pair with Williams is mandatory!

Edge: Shocking bust with Jones. I predicted the second I looked at his 2022 PFF rating. Who the F made that decision? Taylor is another 2nd round BUST. Finally got a good one in Mafe. Get well soon Nwosu. We missed you! Draft an edge right after you draft a QB.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:26 am

We only have 7 picks in the draft and NONE from 16-78. If Williams walks that will be a massive blunder trading for him.

We have 7 needs in this order:

1. QB
2a. Edge
2b. DI
3. S
4. C
5. G
6. LB
7. TE
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 pm

Did Dremont actually play Edge? I thought he was a DE.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:05 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:56 pm
Did Dremont actually play Edge? I thought he was a DE.
PFF only has ED and DI. But yeah I think of him as a Lineman so DE
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 pm

They been playing him all over the place.
Comfortable playing anywhere across the defensive line, the Seattle Seahawks have cut Dre'Mont Jones loose off the edge over the past few weeks after the acquisition of Leonard Williams, providing a viable solution to the team's run defense woes post-Uchenna Nwosu's season-ending injury

Just maybe it's how they are utilizing him as opposed to his being a shitty player

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:30 pm

I thought he played on the DL in Denver, so if the Seahawks were playing him primarily at Edge it may be another case of failing to utilize the strngths of a player on the defensive side of the ball. Seems to be a major issue with this team.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:26 pm
They been playing him all over the place.
Comfortable playing anywhere across the defensive line, the Seattle Seahawks have cut Dre'Mont Jones loose off the edge over the past few weeks after the acquisition of Leonard Williams, providing a viable solution to the team's run defense woes post-Uchenna Nwosu's season-ending injury

Just maybe it's how they are utilizing him as opposed to his being a shitty player
PFF seemed to think he was a pretty shitty player his last two seasons with the Broncos...

Screenshot_20240110-084059_(1).png
Screenshot_20240110-084059_(1).png (117.69 KiB) Viewed 228 times

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:10 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:43 am
Totally understand why the Hawks want to limit Walker's touches. Not.

Just fucking maddening watching what these fuckers do with the players they have. You could give Pete a chess set, and since he only knows how to play checkers, he'd just play checkers instead of learning how.
Square peg, meet round hole.