Hawks vs. the Shit stains game thread

Donn Beach

Re: Hawks vs. the Shit stains game thread

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:24 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:55 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:10 am
Not to sound like too much of a PC homer but I'm not trading him for anyone at this point.
I'd trade Waldren for a bag of dirt right now though.
They were up against one of the best defenses in the league and won

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:27 am

Not much to add, so I'll reiterate...the refs were terrible and Waldron was bad. Like real bad.

They might as well have told K 9 to stay in the locker room at the half. The dude is a beast, but it seriously reminds of the man love Bevell had for Russ. Who cares who the backs are, gotta make the QB the star of the show. We have two stud RBs and we just want to make the QB the be all end all, no matter what. Geno's pass in the right corner of the endzone when we were done three? What a stupid decision. Should have been a game ending pick. Glad he made the simple throw for a TD to JSN, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he blew it. The guy is just not the guy.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:31 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:24 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:10 am
Not to sound like too much of a PC homer but I'm not trading him for anyone at this point.
Go look at the stats from last week and tell me Cleveland's defense is the fucking 85 Bears. Minshew threw for 305 and the Colts scored 38 fucking points! They lost to Baltimore 28 to 3, gave up 26 to the fucking Steelers and lost. They beat the Bengals when Burrow was on one leg. Give me a break with this great defense shit.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:38 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:31 am
Donn Beach wrote:

Go look at the stats from last week and tell me Cleveland's defense is the fucking 85 Bears. Minshew threw for 305 and the Colts scored 38 fucking points! They lost to Baltimore 28 to 3, gave up 26 to the fucking Steelers and lost. They beat the Bengals when Burrow was on one leg. Give me a break with this great defense shit.
They got torched last week, but the Browns literally are the #1 defense in the NFL, and the #1 pass rush in the NFL. But it IS the NFL, so sometimes other teams figure out a formula that works. The thing is, that formula often doesn't work twice, as good teams make adjustments.

They aren't the 85 Bears, they're just good.

Geno made some bonehead throws, JSN ran a wrong route to make it look like another, and the Cleveland D made two great plays that resulted in INTs. Waldron made some questionable play calls, too. Far from perfect, but OVERALL, the offense did well. The play to Fant was a beautiful design. The first two drives and the last one were things of beauty. They gained over 100 yards more than the Browns average allowing.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:45 am

Waldron sucks balls

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:16 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:31 am
Donn Beach wrote:

Up against one of the leagues best defenses. They lead the league in both pass and run defense. I didn't even call them the best lol

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/ ... rush-stats

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:31 am

Sorry, Minshew and the Colts torched them. Geno was mediocre at best today and Waldron was worse. It cracks me up. The Huskies and Seahawks are always lucky, but Cleveland is some dominating defense. I have watched them a lot of this year, and I watched them today. If Geno and Waldron were decent? This game would have been a blow out.

Zero effort to run the ball. And again? If the Browns make what should have been an easy INT in the end zone in a three point game? And absolutely inexcusable play call and even worse decision by the QB? We are talking about how they blew the game.

Very questionable play calling and really shitty decision making by the QB. I'm thrilled we won, but far from confident that this offense has what it takes to make the playoffs, let alone win a playoff game or two.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:08 am

I hope Carroll gets asked at tomorrow's press conference why the RBs only got 13 carries when they were clearly having more success with that than they were throwing the ball. I thought he was all about establishing the ground game.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:28 am

Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:08 am
I hope Carroll gets asked at tomorrow's press conference why the RBs only got 13 carries when they were clearly having more success with that than they were throwing the ball. I thought he was all about establishing the ground game.
I'm more concerned about the pass plays they called.

You've got one of the biggest, strongest wideouts in the league and you're trying to get 1st downs on 3rd and 1 on fades.

Put DK in the slot and have him body someone at the sticks for fucking once.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:29 am

The presser is after the game

https://youtu.be/S2fZZT-bGUM?si=XNaElbwD34VXbQT9

6:30 mark, believe thats it, hard when you can't hear the questions, PC, we took what they were giving us. The Brown defense dictated the lack of running
Last edited by Donn Beach on Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.