New HC thread

Donn Beach

Re: New HC thread

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:00 am

Read an item about Vrebel that felt he could sit out the season without it hurting him. I doubt he's in a rush to take a DC position

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:57 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:49 pm
Seriously? Bill belichick would be a pretty unique hire, lots of baggage. The lack of interest is partly his making. Supposedly he has limited his interest to smaller market teams. He doesn't want to deal with aggressive media. He is also picky about chain of command, who he's supposed to report to. I think he expected to get hired in Atlanta, at least that was the opening he was shooting for. It fit his criteria

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:57 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:49 pm
Seriously? Bill belichick would be a pretty unique hire, lots of baggage. The lack of interest is partly his making. Supposedly he has limited his interest to smaller market teams. He doesn't want to deal with aggressive media. He is also picky about chain of command, who he's supposed to report to. I think he expected to get hired in Atlanta, at least that was the opening he was shooting for. It fit his criteria
I actually agree with the BB part. I didn't want him at all but I would rather have you as Hawks HC than Morris. At 21-38 he seems like a DEI hire especially given all the better options.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm

Yeah, don't sense the momentum
On Thursday, ESPN's Dan Graziano said "not to ignore the possibility" of Vrabel landing with the Seattle Seahawks. Graziano added that there hasn't been "much momentum in that direction lately," but it sounds like Vrabel is still a sleeper candidate to take over after Pete Carroll's departure.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:36 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm
Yeah, don't sense the momentum
On Thursday, ESPN's Dan Graziano said "not to ignore the possibility" of Vrabel landing with the Seattle Seahawks. Graziano added that there hasn't been "much momentum in that direction lately," but it sounds like Vrabel is still a sleeper candidate to take over after Pete Carroll's departure.
Saw that. He is unemployed so if they wanted him as their 1st choice he would have already had his Presser at the VMAC. They are are biding their time for one of the young guys that are still coaching important football games...
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:52 pm

That they interview them doesn't mean they pick one of them. Sounds like Johnson to the commanders

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:52 pm
That they interview them doesn't mean they pick one of them. Sounds like Johnson to the commanders
Commanders set for second Dan Quinn interview
All the hype is currently on Ben Johnson becoming Washington Commanders head coach. Nothing has been confirmed one way or another as yet. Those in power are still doing their due diligence on other candidates, which also included bringing in Raheem Morris for an in-person interview before he got the Atlanta Falcons top job.

According to multiple reports, the Commanders are set to hold a second interview with Dan Quinn next week. He's also drawing interest from the Seattle Seahawks despite a notable collapse for his Dallas Cowboys defense during their wildcard embarrassment against the Green Bay Packers.

Johnson remains the favorite. Many see the hire as a foregone conclusion. But it's also clear Josh Harris and Adam Peters are giving Quinn and others a legitimate chance to stake their claim for due diligence purposes if nothing else.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:50 pm

Sounds like they already signed Johnson

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:50 pm
Sounds like they already signed Johnson
Not seeing that anywhere but if he would prefer that clown car org to ours then I don't want him. Bring on MacDonald.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:30 pm

I was being factious, there was a headline I miss read. Washington is no longer a clown car, new ownership. Along the lines of the Mets or dodgers no longer being clown cars