Re: Bold predictions..

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm

57reasons wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:16 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 pm
57reasons wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:44 am
my bold prediction: Carson gets nicked up early, Penny assumes the primary role, topping 1,000 yards for the season. and MK2 stills calls his selection a wasted draft pick. oh wait, that's not so bold. :)
So, now 1,000 yards is what it takes to be a successful 1st round pick at RB ? What does that make Chris Carson then? A 7th rounder that gains 1,150 all while missing two starts and parts of other games? This argument is tired. Penny was a wasted pick because it was a reach, because we had bigger needs, because of the large number of talented RBs that hadn't come off the board yet, and because until mid November he couldn't even beat out Mike Davis to be second string.

I get it, many fans want to fall in love with their own guys. But we had needs that were bigger than a third RB. Yes, I realize they didn't draft him to be a 3rd RB, but isn't that the problem?
just tryin to get a rise out of you Michael - hadnt seen you on the board in a couple of days and considered the Penny pick my best bet to lure you back. Second option was to talk up the playcalling of Jonathan Smith. :)
OMG, Penny is nowhere near the level of irritant that Johnie Smith was!

As for the guarantee of health aurora mentions...there is never a guarantee. Even still, Mike Davis wasn't an injury concern. If they drafted him to compete with Mike Davis to potentially back up Chris Carson, that was a mistake. My guess is they drafted him to start and to be a playmaker and that he disappointed. Not many people besides Seahawk fans saw that pick as a good one after about half the season. Early picks aren't meant to be developed. We weren't deep enough to have a first round pick be a third stringer.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:38 pm
Michael, this is the position of yours I have never understood. ALL of Seattle's RB's went down the season they drafted Penny. There was zero guarantee any of them come back 100% - you never seem to acknowledge that. The QB was the leading rusher. So, with no guarantees any starter returns to the position at 100%, how exactly is there a position of greater need? You 'falling in love' with some other player in the draft does not make them a higher priority for the team. And the 'they could draft him or anyone else later' argument simply is not valid. You do not know this, and you do not know how Penny graded out on their board. You also dismiss the long game aspect of the draft. You do not just draft for today, you draft for the long haul. You always dismiss all of these things to bang the drum about how much better of a draft guru you are. Penny was not drafted to be a third back - you're the only one making that (false) claim. The two backs in front of him were INJURED. By drafting Penny, the position went from a liability to a strength, but you won't look at the long game approach. I'm not going to argue with you, you'll never acknowledge any of these things, and that's what I don't get. Your continual banging of the hindsight drafting in concert with your false assumptions about drafting Penny as a third down RB, along with every single pick being a guaranteed superstar on day one is bizarre to me. Yeah, we get he was drafted in the first round - at the very bottom of it. It comes across like you're trying to force this false narrative, simply because you're looking for a reason to be pissed off at the front office. It's a hollow argument.
First off, Davis was brought here the year before because of the injury issues, but I would hardly see a reason to be concerned about him being an injury risk. Second, I never said he was drafted to be a third string RB. I said if you draft a back in the first round and he becomes third string because he can't beat out the two you already had? That is a mistake.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed May 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Go Bold or Go Home: Hawks will be NFC West Champs this year with an 11-5 record. They will make it to the NFC Championship Game, at which point my crystal ball becomes cloudy and difficult to interpret.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 pm

maoling wrote: Go Bold or Go Home: Hawks will be NFC West Champs this year with an 11-5 record. They will make it to the NFC Championship Game, at which point my crystal ball becomes cloudy and difficult to interpret.
11- 5 ain't gonna get it done. Better shave some losses off that bold prediction.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:34 pm

I see some of you Hawk posters finally made it over. Now we'll have a pretty active forum.

I especially like the Flowers All-Pro prediction, he really seemed like he far exceeded expectations and he could well be another Richard Sherman, overlooked in college and an All-Pro by his second season.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 pm
maoling wrote: Go Bold or Go Home: Hawks will be NFC West Champs this year with an 11-5 record. They will make it to the NFC Championship Game, at which point my crystal ball becomes cloudy and difficult to interpret.
11- 5 ain't gonna get it done. Better shave some losses off that bold prediction.
I can't go bolder, except to say the Lambs will also wind up 11-5, but we will win the tie-breaker for the NFC West and pound their Lamby Wild Card asses at the Clink in January.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 am

maoling wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:33 pm

I can't go bolder, except to say the Lambs will also wind up 11-5, but we will win the tie-breaker for the NFC West and pound their Lamby Wild Card asses at the Clink in January.
C'mon..GO BOLD!! 12-4? 13-3 ? Home field throughout? Do it!! Do it!!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:34 pm
I see some of you Hawk posters finally made it over. Now we'll have a pretty active forum.

I especially like the Flowers All-Pro prediction, he really seemed like he far exceeded expectations and he could well be another Richard Sherman, overlooked in college and an All-Pro by his second season.
It has actually been a lot more peaceful here than the M's forum.
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 am
maoling wrote:

Even the homiest homer can't be thinking 12-4 right now. BTW, what's the latest news on Bo Scarbrough? How fickle is the NFL?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bo ... &FORM=VIRE

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 30, 2019 2:40 am

maoling wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 am
ThePro wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 am
maoling wrote:

Even the homiest homer can't be thinking 12-4 right now. BTW, what's the latest news on Bo Scarbrough? How fickle is the NFL?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bo ... &FORM=VIRE
Good lord that triggers my PTSD that was due to that Peach Bowl.
dt