CBS Sports 2024 Mock Draft

D-train

Re: CBS Sports 2024 Mock Draft

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:55 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 pm
One thing is for certain. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. btw UCLA favored by 3.5 but likely just because of their amazing HFA. lol

Hawks signed Lock in March this past Spring. Will be interesting if they do it again. Probably a good tell regarding their QB draft intentions.
An excellent week to bet on the dog.
Yeah UCLA doesn't have any impressive wins and only put up 7 points vs. the Utes.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:06 pm
Please God make it so:
Penix is already NFL capable, but will the Hawks go with him over Geno next year? You get one of those guys and they should start their first year. At least that is the current thought about 1st Round QB selections. I'd go for Penix in a heartbeat and then tell him to sit the first year and learn from Geno. But will they do that?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 pm

ddraig wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:06 pm
Please God make it so:
Penix is already NFL capable, but will the Hawks go with him over Geno next year? You get one of those guys and they should start their first year. At least that is the current thought about 1st Round QB selections. I'd go for Penix in a heartbeat and then tell him to sit the first year and learn from Geno. But will they do that?
Yeah, why not? If he lasts until we pick in the late teens to mid 20s it isn't a big contract. JSN who went 20th is making $3.6M per year for 4 years.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Possible but Penix was last injured Oct. 2nd 2021 over two years ago and if he stays healthy he will be injury free for over 2.5 years when the draft happens. We took JSN at #20 after he missed the ENTIRE 2022 season. I doubt teams look at ancient history injuries much.

The Cougs game at UCLA is a game they typically Coug after good starts. Hopefully not again but I won't be surprised.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Possible but Penix was last injured Oct. 2nd 2021 over two years ago and if he stays healthy he will be injury free for over 2.5 years when the draft happens. We took JSN at #20 after he missed the ENTIRE 2022 season. I doubt teams look at ancient history injuries much.

The Cougs game at UCLA is a game they typically Coug after good starts. Hopefully not again but I won't be surprised.
DUDE! I came here to find this exact quote - well played! What a lame game - Cougs had three brutal turnovers, were on the verge of blowing it open, and just couldn't get it done - credit a really strong UCLA defense - and credit a really stout coug D that kept the offense in the game. it was like opposite land out there. Next weekend - Dawgs v Cucks - MAN OH MAN! Shit getting real now!

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:54 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:38 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 pm
D-train wrote:

DUDE! I came here to find this exact quote - well played! What a lame game - Cougs had three brutal turnovers, were on the verge of blowing it open, and just couldn't get it done - credit a really strong UCLA defense - and credit a really stout coug D that kept the offense in the game. it was like opposite land out there. Next weekend - Dawgs v Cucks - MAN OH MAN! Shit getting real now!
Death Taxes and the Cougs Couging it after good starts..... :)
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:42 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:55 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:36 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 pm
One thing is for certain. It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. btw UCLA favored by 3.5 but likely just because of their amazing HFA. lol

Hawks signed Lock in March this past Spring. Will be interesting if they do it again. Probably a good tell regarding their QB draft intentions.
An excellent week to bet on the dog.
Yeah UCLA doesn't have any impressive wins and only put up 7 points vs. the Utes.
Yeah, and one of the most stingy defenses in the country. Had only given up no more than 13 points in a game prior to WSU game. Combine that with their solid ground game you have to give them credit for their game plan. Hats off to the Bruins

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:24 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:33 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am
I'm just going to put this out here, Cameron Ward is the second best NFL QB prospect for 2024
He's really good - and he torched that stout Oregon State defense. He's underrated but moving up. I think I would take him over Penix - whom I think is gonna be another guy that puts up gaudy college stats but can't transition to the NFL, adding in his prolific injury history - hard pass for me. Sorry DT, Love what he's doing at UW, but I would not draft him in the first round, the risk is too high. Seattle absolutely has to get another QB in the next draft, be interesting to see who they could get in the middle rounds. Huge game this weekend for wazzu down here at the rose bowl. They win this they are 5-0... imagine either Oregon State or Wazzu winning the PAC-12 - the only schools left in the conference - shunned by everyone else - winning it all in the final season - would be the greatest FU of all time and I hope it happens. Fuck the Big 10, fuck realignment, fuck the ruiniation of college football via greed - I hope those two schools ruin everyone's season (times 1000 vs Oregon). Be the best story of the entire season and shine a great big fucking spotlight on how college football has been ruined by greed.
He's absolutely underrated. If Ward was to hit the draft I would consider him as a top three QB prospect. He's going to shine in whichever ACC team he chooses to play for.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:01 pm
Sanders will be the one that drops into lower rounds, I think. Highly overrated based on some big stat lines against horrible defenses. Penix I think will move up, though if he so much as gets a hangnail this season some teams will probably balk at his injury history.

Surprised Bo Nix isn't on the list.
Is he coming out? I didn't think Prime was going let his boy declare until next season. I've seen no Dynasty mock drafts with Sanders in it. I don't think he's declaring. Too many top QB's this year.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:18 pm

Cascade Kid wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 am
I'm just going to put this out here, Cameron Ward is the second best NFL QB prospect for 2024
:lol: