The problem with Geno

trharder

Re: The problem with Geno

Post by trharder » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 am
Geno had a decent second half, had to win the game twice and did it.
Thanks to some well timed Commander penalties.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:56 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 am
Geno had a decent second half, had to win the game twice and did it.
Definitely a Jeckyl and Hyde game. Mr. Hyde was a very bad man in the first half.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 pm

Never mind getting the ball to DK more, how about getting the ball to Walker in space? Bieniemy seems to have figured out how to throw to his backs, maybe Waldren will some day.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:01 pm

Perhaps Geno has simply come to accept Pete's approach... keep it close and eke out a last second win. :lol:

Textbook Pete Carroll.

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:08 pm

I get frustrated with this team too. With Geno, PC, the play-calling, penalties -- all the stupid shit that happens in a game.

But it is hard to win in the NFL, and we are feckin' 6-3. We've lost to one excellent team and one good one on the road, and one mostly crappy one at home that always gives us problems. We've beaten a couple very good teams and taken care of business with four others. All this from a team that was supposed to be shitty for several seasons on a full rebuild.

We could be the Giants, Cards, Panthers, Fudgepackers, Titans, Jets, Raiders, Bucs, Patriots right now...instead we are tied for first in the NFC West, getting healthier, signed help where we could, and have a chance for a playoff run. Nobody knows where this team and other teams are going to be in January; it's a total crap shoot with upsets and injuries. Just look at yesterday. Ravens looked like SB Champs last week when they shit on us, and then the Browns spanked them in Baltimore after we just beat the Browns. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Let's just enjoy the ride, maddening as it can be sometimes.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:36 pm

I was optimistic about the direction of this team prior to the utter debacle in Baltimore, but feel like that game exposed some systemic problems within the organization that aren't going to be addressed anytime soon. There is just no accountability for the coaches below Carroll not doing their jobs at the level of excellence necessary to get to that elite level. It seems that as long as they are good soldiers then Carroll is happy and nothing will change. Therefore this team will probably not get back even to a conference title game while he is head coach, unless they can build a roster even better than those from 2012-15. The game has evolved and Pete wants to run simplified and/or archaic systems on both sides of the ball with coordinators that are incapable of nuance, creativity, or adaptability.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 pm

I mean, if yesterday was the best they could do as a response to the humiliating beatdown of the previous week then i don't know how anyone can think they're headed anywhere other than the ongoing purgatory of dysfunctionality (with occasional outbursts of excellence that fool people into thinking they are progressing) that has characterized much of the past 7 seasons.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:36 pm
I was optimistic about the direction of this team prior to the utter debacle in Baltimore, but feel like that game exposed some systemic problems within the organization that aren't going to be addressed anytime soon. There is just no accountability for the coaches below Carroll not doing their jobs at the level of excellence necessary to get to that elite level. It seems that as long as they are good soldiers then Carroll is happy and nothing will change. Therefore this team will probably not get back even to a conference title game while he is head coach, unless they can build a roster even better than those from 2012-15. The game has evolved and Pete wants to run simplified and/or archaic systems on both sides of the ball with coordinators that are incapable of nuance, creativity, or adaptability.
I understand and appreciate what maoling is saying, and he's not wrong, but your post is completely accurate.

Debacle? Check
Systemic problems that won't be addressed anytime soon? Check
No accountability? Check
Simplified and/or archaic systems? Check
Coordinators that are incapable of nuance, creativity or adaptability? Check

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:09 am

Imagine how grumpy people be if they were 3-6 instead of 6-3.
Last edited by Donn Beach on Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:33 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:09 am
Imagine how grumpy people be if they were 3-6 instead of 6-3.
For me it is a lot like the Mariners. Close to being really good right now so it increases the frustration level. At 3-6 I would be apathetic, just focused on the draft already and wouldn't even care week to week.
dt