Offensive Coordinator

Donn Beach

Re: Offensive Coordinator

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:37 am

Yeah, what does that point to in terms of the draft

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:27 am

You would think a DL or LB but I think everyones thinking is Penix. Gotta trust John knows what him & his guys are doing. He can't screw this up.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:08 pm

The Seahawks just hired a Harbaugh.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/2/5/240 ... r-nfl-news
Attachments
Screenshot_20240205_130909_Chrome.jpg

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 pm

So now Carroll, Belichick and Harbaugh all have sons that are coaching in Seattle. :?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yWzUViq0cpw

:lol:

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:33 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:37 am
Yeah, what does that point to in terms of the draft
This was a big topic on ESPN this morning - that Kliff's hire could be part of a big power play, whether signalled by the player or not, for WA to land Caleb Williams. No evidence put forth, just speculation, but consensus agreement based on on the factual circumstances as follows:

1. Williams' presumed comfort level with Kingsbury as his coach at SC.
2. Proven track record of top QB pick failures when faced with multiple scheme/regimes (lack of continuity) in first few years.
3. Likelihood of regime/scheme change after only one year if Chicago doesnt win early next year.

Consensus was that Bears should have fired coach this year to rectify the above, and the fact they didnt opens the door for Williams to pull an Elway/Eli Manning and force the trade to WA. If the commentators are correct in the conjecture, Bears best make that trade now to maximize value and save face (as much as possible anyow). Only thing preventing that from being a total disaster is Drake Maye looks pretty darn good.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:21 am

The Seahawks should still be a team to watch in connection with Bieniemy, according to ProFootballNetwork.com’s Adam Caplan, who connects the NFC West team to the veteran assistant for the OC job. The Seahawks have thus far been tied to new Alabama OC Ryan Grubb and Lions pass-game coordinator Tanner Engstrand for what will be a play-calling OC post. The Giants blocked the Hawks from interviewing OC Mike Kafka.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:54 am

That is rampant speculation at best.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:43 am

That's all we're doing is speculating. Nagy is the senior bowl guy, worked for the Seahawks

Nagy said it’s going to be “so different” for the Seahawks without Pete Carroll, but ultimately, he thinks the Hawks’ draft philosophy will stay the same.

“I don’t think even with the new head coach that they’re going to want to change the type of player they look for,” Nagy said. “I still think they’re going to look for really highly-competitive guys that love football. And that’s really what they’re focused on the last couple of drafts. That’s why I think their last couple drafts have been great. I know that when I was there, we strayed from that a little bit. We got enticed by talent a couple of times and took a couple risky picks and they didn’t pan out. I think they’ve really done a nice job kind of sticking to their guns and what they say they believe in over the last two or three drafts, and it’s paid off for them.”
“I know the two (offensive) tackles (Charles Cross and Abraham Lucas) are good players up there, but I know interior offensive line might be an area of need,” he said. “I think (that position group is) loaded. Jackson Powers-Johnson, (the center) from Oregon up your way, had two really good days of practice down here. I think he would be an immediate starter for those guys and really upgrade them on the interior.”

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 am

Chip Kelly recently interviewed

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:05 am

Yeah, you're correct. I was about to question it. There had been a report of being in some kind of pairing with Quinn which I didn't understand but they have interviewed him.