Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Michael K.

Re: Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Just scrolled my facebook memories and am reminded that today is the six year anniversary of Pete's mind numbing fake FG against Atlanta followed by some very questionable challenges that took timeouts away. We ended up settling for a long FG and missed it. Weird.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:20 pm
Hawks fans crying saying this was a penalty.....
It shouldn't be a penalty but by the rule book and the way the game is generally called that is text book roughing the passer. If your not going to call roughing the passer when Donald clubs the QB in the head than you shouldn't be calling. Illegal hands to the face on Witherspoon on a play away from the ball on a crucial 3rd down play.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Great news guys!
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:10 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 pm
Just scrolled my facebook memories and am reminded that today is the six year anniversary of Pete's mind numbing fake FG against Atlanta followed by some very questionable challenges that took timeouts away. We ended up settling for a long FG and missed it. Weird.
“It would have been a really good call if we would have made it,” Carroll told reporters. “It was something we saw, that we wanted to do. It was a terrific opportunity, right where we wanted it. The defensive tackle made a better play. He wasn’t supposed to be there.”

But he was there. Which means it wasn’t a terrific opportunity. Which means they didn’t make it.

Which means it wasn’t a really good call.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:11 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:10 pm
Michael K. wrote:
“It would have been a really good call if we would have made it,” Carroll told reporters. “It was something we saw, that we wanted to do. It was a terrific opportunity, right where we wanted it. The defensive tackle made a better play. He wasn’t supposed to be there.”
One of my least favorite Pete Carroll post game comments ever. Right up there with telling us all if Buffalo had just run the football, you know, the team that ran it fewer times than anyone else, they had a great game plan for it. The dude just straight doesn't care. He'll stand there and flip off the entire LatteTown media and laugh in the face of the fans, and everyone will lick his balls anyway.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:13 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:10 pm
Michael K. wrote:

But he was there. Which means it wasn’t a terrific opportunity. Which means they didn’t make it.

Which means it wasn’t a really good call.
He wasn't supposed to be there? Did McVay tell PC what his defensive scheme was going to be in that exact situation and lie about???? If so there should be an investigation! No wonder PC can never win vs. McVay!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:13 pm

He wasn't supposed to be there? Did McVay tell PC what his defensive scheme was going to be in that exact situation and lie about???? If so there should be an investigation! No wonder PC can never win vs. McVay!
That was what he said after Jarrett blew up his stupid ass fake field goal attempt right before the half against Atlanta the first time we missed the playoffs.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:22 pm

“It would have been a really good call if we would have made it,” Carroll told reporters. “It was something we saw, that we wanted to do. It was a terrific opportunity, right where we wanted it. The defensive tackle made a better play. He wasn’t supposed to be there.

The bolded parts are just utterly meaningless blather. No idea what he was talking about. :?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:57 pm

Running back
Kenneth Walker III left after suffering an oblique injury on the first series and did not return. He ended up being sorely missed. Seattle rushed for 29 yards on eight carries in the first quarter but had just 40 on 12 carries the rest of the way. Seattle will hope for a miraculous return by Walker, but otherwise will need one of DeeJay Dallas or Kenny McIntosh to help out Charbonnet.

Grade: C
Kenneth Walker had 26 carries for 105 yards against Cleveland. In the next two games COMBINED he had 17 carries. The Seahawks make nearly ZERO effort to use him, but when he gets hurt Condotta wants to make it out like losing him was a major blow. Jesus Christ this just never ends.

He seems pretty happy with the coaching, yet gives them a C.
Coaching
The Seahawks looked like the readier team and appeared to have a good plan early. No problem there. But the Smith injury meant Seattle had to adjust on the fly. The obvious thing to question here is the play call of the run to Charbonnet on the final drive. Smith said he couldn’t hear a play come in on his headset so he called it. If so, then you can’t blame the coaches for that. Still, maybe there’s at least the question of whether there should be a better mechanism in place there.

Grade: C
I guess it is someone else's fault that we continue to draw up plays on third and short that are DEEP down field, but call plays on third and medium that are short? I guess it is someone else's fault that this team that was "the redier team" was five for fifteen on third down? I swear to fucking God, the same guys that talked all off season about how great the talent is here, will now use the players as the reason the coaching staff is hot garbage.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:59 pm

I posted on Condotta's article, asked when anyone was going to question a team that is terrible on third down and worse in the Red Zone, on both sides of the ball. Asked if the guy that watched his talented roster win one Super Bowl but was directly responsible for the loss and the down fall of the dynsasty would ever get questions. Asked how THAT team, that was five for fifteen on third down was "redier". Asked when they ever are since McVey is 15 and 5 against Pete including a playoff win where his QB had three fingers on his throwing hand. My comment wasn't posted because it broke their terms and conditions. I didn't swear one time. JokeShow. Only in LatteTown Washington.