Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

auroraave

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by auroraave » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:56 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:27 pm
Pretty pedestrian numbers, though (13/22, 134yds, 1 TD). Which is probably all Payton wants at this point.
You don't pay a QB $40 mill a year for that kind of production. I'm actually happy that RW has tasted success lately - watching him burn was not fulfulling anymore. This is another smoke and mirrors routine for Denver though - cannot have that kind of cap hit for that limited production. Team's will watch the tape and scheme to stop that read option - just like they did when he was in Seattle - then what is he going to do? This has to be mixed blessings for Payton - more wins = lower draft status - and wilson still cannot run Peyton's offense - he's running Seattle's. I feel bad for the denver fans - now that The Great Cringe has been playing well, they are gonna be inundated with his relentles self promotion - it's already happening. Dude never misses an op to self promote while "thanking" by name every player on the team in a blatant act of pandering. I don't miss his worn out shtick at all.

Irony - tries to can the coaching staff to bring in Peyton - goes to Denver w/ Peyton - only to run Seattle's offense because he cannot run Peyton's. :lol:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:26 pm

No disputes from me AA. I don't miss him at all. Besides? Had he stayed he wouldn't have become this Russ again anyway. Zero chance he was ever going to buy into this offense if it was Pete telling him to. Zero chance. The funny thing is? All we heard that entire off season was that he was going to flourish because he was getting away from THIS....the offense that Payton is not getting all the credit for. As you said, this is Seattle's offense, not Payton's. I find it funny that isn't ever pointed out.

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:52 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:56 pm
You don't pay a QB $40 mill a year for that kind of production.
You have to tip your hat to PC and JS on this one. Everyone thought DEN was getting an all-world team beater in Wilson.

Oops.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:35 am

But it's really the defense turnaround that's driving things as I seem to read. Sort of harkens back to an earlier PC period, whatever became of that, who knows
It sounds crazy, but Wilson is having a career revival by... being a game manager? Denver’s running backs have 78 catches for 551 yards, which is more than every Wilson Seahawks season except 2020. It’s not the Russell Wilson offense and it’s not a typical Sean Payton offense. It’s just... different. The Broncos are one of the most run-heavy teams on early downs in the NFL (compared to the pass-heavy nature of Pete Carroll), and they’re not even that great at running the ball, but they were good enough to get 170 on the ground vs. Cleveland.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:55 am

"Sean is calling the game almost as if Russell is a rookie quarterback," the coach said. "Basically, it's run, run and if he's not throwing it either one or two in a progression, he can scramble, which plays to his strengths. I hate to use this term, but he's a game manager. He's a very good one, too."

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:10 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:56 pm
You don't pay a QB $40 mill a year for that kind of production. This is another smoke and mirrors routine for Denver though - cannot have that kind of cap hit for that limited production. Team's will watch the tape and scheme to stop that read option - just like they did when he was in Seattle - then what is he going to do? This has to be mixed blessings for Payton - more wins = lower draft status - and wilson still cannot run Peyton's offense - he's running Seattle's. I feel bad for the denver fans - now that The Great Cringe has been playing well, they are gonna be inundated with his relentles self promotion - it's already happening. Dude never misses an op to self promote while "thanking" by name every player on the team in a blatant act of pandering. I don't miss his worn out shtick at all. Irony - tries to can the coaching staff to bring in Peyton - goes to Denver w/ Peyton - only to run Seattle's offense because he cannot run Peyton's. :lol:
You pay a QB to dependably win games. The only production that matters is the W-L column. Does this mean Denver's salary cap
equation is suddenly sustainable for years to come with RW? I doubt it too, but it's also uncertain if the Broncos are at their ceiling yet or not.
Yes RW is currently running some read option at Denver, but thinking that's all they are, or can, do right now indicates you haven't been watching.
You want teams to scheme to stop the RO. That means they are no longer pinning their ears back and sacking the fuck out of turtle RW like last year.
If RW is currently doing the cringe self promotion, I haven't seen it. It's possible he's been humbled and gave that shit up.

When is Geno going to run "Seattle's Offense" you speak of??????

douche

Post by douche » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:55 am
"Sean is calling the game almost as if Russell is a rookie quarterback," the coach said. "Basically, it's run, run and if he's not throwing it either one or two in a progression, he can scramble, which plays to his strengths. I hate to use this term, but he's a game manager. He's a very good one, too."
Which explains the pedestrian numbers. It's all Payton needs from him.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:35 pm

At the moment, and it doesn't mean Payton doesn't open things up later does it

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:35 pm
At the moment, and it doesn't mean Payton doesn't open things up later does it
I doubt it. Last year and the beginning of this year were the results of that. I think this is what they do….theyve wone five straight and you think they will revert back to what got them to a 1 and 5 start?

douche

Post by douche » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:12 pm

I would think that 'opening things up' is directly correlational to how much trust he has in RW's ability.