Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

DavidGee24

Re: Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:36 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 pm
Just scrolled my facebook memories and am reminded that today is the six year anniversary of Pete's mind numbing fake FG against Atlanta followed by some very questionable challenges that took timeouts away. We ended up settling for a long FG and missed it. Weird.
The flip to Willson that had no chance of working, and Walsh coming up short from...50?

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:46 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:27 pm
douche wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:56 pm
My dad wanted to take his grandson on It's A Small World a number of years ago. So I grinned and went with him. Not only did the kid sleep through the entire ride, but I was bored out of my mind and sat in the boat and counted the number of times they sang, "It's a small world after all'. 66 times. It was complete torture.
The only reason I liked it the last time I was there was because it was incredibly unseasonably warm and humid out, and that ride had shade! Otherwise? It sucks.
The one time I've been to Disneyland, same thing, 100 degree day and it was so nice and cool I smiled through the whole ride.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Fieldgulls isn't kissing rings
. I have all the respect for Pete as the greatest coach in franchise history. His success with this team is undeniable, even if it’s waned in recent seasons. While I am bullish on the long-term upside of the Seahawks’ roster, I have zero faith in Carroll being the man to lead another Super Bowl caliber squad.

The undisciplined and stupid penalties, the inability to defend the same concepts the Rams have been running on them for six years, the unacceptable losses to bad teams, the close wins against bad teams they should be beating, it’s all too much. They are their own worst enemy and it’s a problem that transcends QBs, OCs, DCs, and the roster as a whole.

Pete isn’t getting fired so don’t think that it’s going to happen. But the Seahawks are a high-floor, low-ceiling team until further notice. And yes, the Leonard Williams trade for a second-round pick looks even worse given how many holes need to be filled on this roster.
Hammers Waldron as well as
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/11/19/2 ... l-analysis

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:39 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:01 pm
. I have all the respect for Pete as the greatest coach in franchise history. His success with this team is undeniable, even if it’s waned in recent seasons. While I am bullish on the long-term upside of the Seahawks’ roster, I have zero faith in Carroll being the man to lead another Super Bowl caliber squad.

The undisciplined and stupid penalties, the inability to defend the same concepts the Rams have been running on them for six years, the unacceptable losses to bad teams, the close wins against bad teams they should be beating, it’s all too much. They are their own worst enemy and it’s a problem that transcends QBs, OCs, DCs, and the roster as a whole.

Pete isn’t getting fired so don’t think that it’s going to happen. But the Seahawks are a high-floor, low-ceiling team until further notice. And yes, the Leonard Williams trade for a second-round pick looks even worse given how many holes need to be filled on this roster.
Let's see how long that lasts. Nice to know some aren't scared to say shit, but is Fieldgulls really the issue? Until the talking heads on the radio or the guys covering the team for the Times start doing it? I doubt much will be made of it. Curious what Colin Cowherd had to say this week? I should look into that.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:51 pm

"what is Seattle?" Good question. He points out that they lead the league in penalties and bad in the Red Zone. The Rams figure out way to pick up first downs. Imagine if we had to play with their WRs, O Line and RBs? We bitch and moan about this guy being out or that guy being out. The Rams fricking have no one, and McVey still whooped Pete.

https://www.google.com/search?q=colin+c ... OTynU,st:0

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Accurate!

douche

Post by douche » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:39 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

Let's see how long that lasts. Nice to know some aren't scared to say shit, but is Fieldgulls really the issue? Until the talking heads on the radio or the guys covering the team for the Times start doing it? I doubt much will be made of it. Curious what Colin Cowherd had to say this week? I should look into that.
Michael, I saw this and immediately thought of you. From the fieldgulls article:

"I’ve had enough of Waldron. But I’ve had enough of Pete-selected OCs and the forever inconsistencies on 3rd down, the red zone, and general situational football."

:lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:56 am

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:32 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:56 am
Five Pete replacements

https://12thmanrising.com/posts/first-t ... sider-2024
I'd throw Bobby Slowik on that list.