Why Seattle is Winning the Offseason

Michael K.

Re: Why Seattle is Winning the Offseason

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2019 6:01 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:32 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Simmons played in two games, played very well, but was then hurt. A lot of talk about how he was misused at USC, but maybe all the talk of him being to banged up to play all the time while there was actually true?
Cable is gone so you can actually expect production out of the draft picks Phil Haynes is good and noticed he played G in college. He wasn't a pitcher on the baseball team.
Haha, great point!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 21, 2019 6:07 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm
You cannot control injuries, so there's really nothing you can do about it, except add depth to the position. No reason to worry about it. Remember when Unger was suddenly having injury problems here as he was about to get a new deal, so Seattle moved him? Then, of course, he played injury free in NO for the rest of his career. Everyone is going to have attrition from injuries, no sense worrying about it. Except Procise - dump him, like, yesterday. Then New England will pick him up and he'll flourish, injury free, against all odds. Wasn't Simmons always injured at USC? Isn't that why he could't get on the field? I could be wrong about that. He's cheap insurance, I suppose.
It's not just Procise, how about Harvin, Graham, Jordan and Rawls? I am willing to bet that when guys miss as many games as the three Guards we have in the roster they don't usually just all of a sudden become healthy. Yes, we have improved depth, but that doesn't mean the fourth Guard on the roster is as good as the starters, or that the Moore or Brown can be trusted be be much more productive at WR than they were last year.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue May 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:07 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm
You cannot control injuries, so there's really nothing you can do about it, except add depth to the position. No reason to worry about it. Remember when Unger was suddenly having injury problems here as he was about to get a new deal, so Seattle moved him? Then, of course, he played injury free in NO for the rest of his career. Everyone is going to have attrition from injuries, no sense worrying about it. Except Procise - dump him, like, yesterday. Then New England will pick him up and he'll flourish, injury free, against all odds. Wasn't Simmons always injured at USC? Isn't that why he could't get on the field? I could be wrong about that. He's cheap insurance, I suppose.
It's not just Procise, how about Harvin, Graham, Jordan and Rawls? I am willing to bet that when guys miss as many games as the three Guards we have in the roster they don't usually just all of a sudden become healthy. Yes, we have improved depth, but that doesn't mean the fourth Guard on the roster is as good as the starters, or that the Moore or Brown can be trusted be be much more productive at WR than they were last year.
I don't think anyone is counting on Brown or Moore... Hawks drafted 3 WR.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:07 pm

I don't think anyone is counting on Brown or Moore... Hawks drafted 3 WR.
Good point.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm

It's about to get interesting with Bobby. He's repping himself, he wants 'market value' (which he should seek) but that is getting into interesting cap territory. Would love him to stay, but not at $18 million a season. Love him, but that's f*cking nuts. We've already parted ways with a bunch of expensive vets, leaving us in an enviable cap position. And they did add LB depth in the draft - as a very smart insurance play. I want all good things for him, he's the ultimate warrior, but everyone can't get max contracts. It's a shitty reality, but a reality nonetheless.

Side note, I would like to take a moment to thank the NY Jets, the NFL's most useless franchise, for blowing up the LB market on a nonsensical contract. Could they be anymore of an albatross on the league? #dumpsterfire

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agen ... ion-talks/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2679 ... s-practice

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm
It's about to get interesting with Bobby. He's repping himself, he wants 'market value' (which he should seek) but that is getting into interesting cap territory. Would love him to stay, but not at $18 million a season. Love him, but that's f*cking nuts. We've already parted ways with a bunch of expensive vets, leaving us in an enviable cap position. And they did add LB depth in the draft - as a very smart insurance play. I want all good things for him, he's the ultimate warrior, but everyone can't get max contracts. It's a shitty reality, but a reality nonetheless.

Side note, I would like to take a moment to thank the NY Jets, the NFL's most useless franchise, for blowing up the LB market on a nonsensical contract. Could they be anymore of an albatross on the league? #dumpsterfire

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agen ... ion-talks/

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2679 ... s-practice
Who's going to play Mike Backer for that team at even close to that level? Team already made a sacrifice by letting Clark go. This is a no brainer. Pay the man.