Receiver Room

Donn Beach

Re: Receiver Room

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:41 am

Not saying he's correct, basically I was wondering about his take on the tackles. They need to draft one again.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:44 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:36 am
I write in here every day....doesn't mean I am any kind of an expert on what it takes to make a great NFL Offensive Line. I thought the playcalling was dogshit last year, and that the year before, K9 was pretty good with two Rookie Tackles that supposedly couldn't run block. Just not sure I'm ready to buy this guy as gospel because he writes something about the Seahawks every day. Telling us that the two Tackles played in the Air Raid is not news, neither is reminding us that they got hurt. Nor was telling us that it might not be worth the money to pay Damien Lewis, yet he talks about three different salary levels when discussing it.

Wasn't the easiest follow, IMO. If we draft the Center from Oregon, keep our two tackles and they are healthy? Why wouldn't Lewis help this O Line. The salary cap stuff worries me less and less every year. The Fucking Rams were supposed to have to cut their entire roster....yet seemed to be alright. Everyone that is supposed to have to pay the piper never seems to have to. The Chiefs were punished so hard for paying Mahomes they won back to back rings.
I didn't read that one. My attention span is maxed out for about a month after the one on DK. lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:55 am

Michael does a lot of writing too

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:04 am

Who will be left standing when the Seahawks start their Week 1 game in 2024? We have at most high probabilities, nobody should be at 100%, and that means Seattle needs to consider their options in the first round, free agency, and the trade market. Especially because all three starting interior offensive linemen are free agents, and Lucas needs to prove his knee injury is not a knee issue.
With Abe Lucas, the need to develop as a run blocker may end up just as important as the injuries, which is another reason I keep saying that Seattle has to prioritize offensive tackle in the draft. Lucas is extremely athletic for his size, he was a top-rated pass blocker in college with over 2,195 reps in pass blocking, he was a dynamic right tackle as a rookie, and…He’s unreliable.
In Cross, I have yet to see a left tackle worthy of a top-10 selection.

The bottom line is that he’s fine and there’s no need to look for a new left tackle because he’s still young and maybe Grubb and new offensive line coach Scott Huff are about to create a monster. But time moves fast and next year the Seahawks have a decision to make on his fifth-year option, something that they have NEVER executed with any of their first round picks. It’s not a small decision: A fifth-year option could make Cross the most expensive player on the team in 2026
That seems kinda wild

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:37 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:40 pm
Here he schools Salk regarding his idiotic DK trade proposal. Dude seems to know his shit.
https://www.seasidejoe.com/p/dk-metcalf ... y-cap-pick
I knew it was bad, but not this bad.
"The top of Seattle’s spending list by a HUGE margin is the safety position. Before cutting Jamal Adams and making a decision on Quandre Diggs, the Seahawks are set to spend $58 million on safeties in 2024, which is $24.2 million more than SECOND place. "

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:56 am

First place you start is in the trenches. JPJ & Fautanu should be high on the list.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:59 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:37 am
D-train wrote:
Here he schools Salk regarding his idiotic DK trade proposal. Dude seems to know his shit.
"The top of Seattle’s spending list by a HUGE margin is the safety position. Before cutting Jamal Adams and making a decision on Quandre Diggs, the Seahawks are set to spend $58 million on safeties in 2024, which is $24.2 million more than SECOND place. "
Might be a big part of the reason why PC is focused on being a "Consultant" lol
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:59 am
trharder wrote:
D-train wrote:
This is exactly why I have always taken the position that witherspoon should not have been the pick at 5. Nothing to do with him as a player - he's great - this is philosophical on roster building - you go from front to back - and dumping even more money into the secondary room when the problem was on the front end of the defense is a ass-backwards move that has Carroll written all over it - because he wanted a shiny new toy in his area of 'expertise' rather than building a better defense in the trenches where it matters more. You don't 'stop the run' with your secondary you do it up front - and the run defense was by far the biggest weakness. Again - not a knock on witherspoon in anyway - understand the difference between building the foundation and grabbing a shiny toy to appease Carroll. It's philosophical. front to back, front to back, front to back. Carroll was doing the opposite and the results speak for themselves. If adams is healthy and on the roster I would bet $$ he has a big year under macdonald's scheming. The most glaring need on defense is stopping the run - allocating that much in resources to the position group that does not address that is flat out mismanagement at it's finest and exhibit A why Carroll is gone, IMO.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm

D-train wrote:
trharder wrote:
D-train wrote:
I was going to say, I think that had a lot to do with PC's exit. Pays Adams and Diggs and the best Safety on the team ends up being Love!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:33 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:29 pm
D-train wrote:
trharder wrote:

This is exactly why I have always taken the position that witherspoon should not have been the pick at 5. Nothing to do with him as a player - he's great - this is philosophical on roster building - you go from front to back - and dumping even more money into the secondary room when the problem was on the front end of the defense is a ass-backwards move that has Carroll written all over it - because he wanted a shiny new toy in his area of 'expertise' rather than building a better defense in the trenches where it matters more. You don't 'stop the run' with your secondary you do it up front - and the run defense was by far the biggest weakness. Again - not a knock on witherspoon in anyway - understand the difference between building the foundation and grabbing a shiny toy to appease Carroll. It's philosophical. front to back, front to back, front to back. Carroll was doing the opposite and the results speak for themselves. If adams is healthy and on the roster I would bet $$ he has a big year under macdonald's scheming. The most glaring need on defense is stopping the run - allocating that much in resources to the position group that does not address that is flat out mismanagement at it's finest and exhibit A why Carroll is gone, IMO.
I'm not one to disagree that PC loves his shiny toys, but in this case? A lock down CB is pretty damn important. The talent level at DT isn't lacking here, IMO. I think the scheme sucked balls. I wouldn't have hated the pick either way. I was glad I didn't have to make it too. That DT from GA seemed like a JA!