Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:59 am
trharder wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:37 am

I knew it was bad, but not this bad.
"The top of Seattle’s spending list by a HUGE margin is the safety position. Before cutting Jamal Adams and making a decision on Quandre Diggs, the Seahawks are set to spend $58 million on safeties in 2024, which is $24.2 million more than SECOND place. "
Might be a big part of the reason why PC is focused on being a "Consultant" lol
I was going to say, I think that had a lot to do with PC's exit. Pays Adams and Diggs and the best Safety on the team ends up being Love!
JS had a hand in it too, in fact when it comes to pay, that's his territory. He does the contracts and manages the cap

Donn Beach

Re: Receiver Room

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:54 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:33 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:29 pm
D-train wrote:

This is exactly why I have always taken the position that witherspoon should not have been the pick at 5. Nothing to do with him as a player - he's great - this is philosophical on roster building - you go from front to back - and dumping even more money into the secondary room when the problem was on the front end of the defense is a ass-backwards move that has Carroll written all over it - because he wanted a shiny new toy in his area of 'expertise' rather than building a better defense in the trenches where it matters more. You don't 'stop the run' with your secondary you do it up front - and the run defense was by far the biggest weakness. Again - not a knock on witherspoon in anyway - understand the difference between building the foundation and grabbing a shiny toy to appease Carroll. It's philosophical. front to back, front to back, front to back. Carroll was doing the opposite and the results speak for themselves. If adams is healthy and on the roster I would bet $$ he has a big year under macdonald's scheming. The most glaring need on defense is stopping the run - allocating that much in resources to the position group that does not address that is flat out mismanagement at it's finest and exhibit A why Carroll is gone, IMO.
I'm not one to disagree that PC loves his shiny toys, but in this case? A lock down CB is pretty damn important. The talent level at DT isn't lacking here, IMO. I think the scheme sucked balls. I wouldn't have hated the pick either way. I was glad I didn't have to make it too. That DT from GA seemed like a JA!
Yeah, You have to draft premium talent over position need.

Michael K.

Re: Receiver Room

Post by Michael K. » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:52 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm
D-train wrote:

I was going to say, I think that had a lot to do with PC's exit. Pays Adams and Diggs and the best Safety on the team ends up being Love!
JS had a hand in it too, in fact when it comes to pay, that's his territory. He does the contracts and manages the cap
Of course he did, and only one of them is left standing. I wonder why?

I've never hated on them for Adams. The trade was a sound one, he just didn't stay healthy....and after trading that much for him you have to re-sign him. Right up until last summer I expected that guy to turn things around. I think his ego is an issue, and his body is broken. It's too bad, because the guy that played in New York was lights out.