Harbaugh
20%
Other Please write in
7%

Total votes: 15

Michael K.

Re: Hawk HC poll

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:40 pm

So they purposely look bad on national TV so they can improve their brand? Odd theory.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 pm

We are getting off topic, but the rules don’t just dictate the amount of contact and time spent tackling at hitting in the Pros. There is only a small amount of time allowed from Pop Warner on up that can be full contact. These guys aren’t good at it because they never do it, and the coaches hands are tied. This may be a very good reason why defensive oriented coaches are less prevalent, and is more than likely a big reason why old school guys like Bill B and PC seem to struggle now.

I think it is WAY more likely these guys aren’t good at tackling because it is a skill not developed and not worked on, then they are some how intentionally sa atoning the in field product to improve their brand. I am sure they are all thrilled when videos of them looking horrible trying to make a tackle are released. What a huge brand boost that must me.

Sorry, not buying it when these old school dudes say shit like this. Certainly not ones that were still around when all this was put into place.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm

Love this. I see a MAN ready to take charge.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm
But according to Pete, the guys making decisions aren't football guys, and that is why he couldn't convince them to keep him. I wonder how many organizations out there read that and thought "he, this guy is still interested in coaching. We should check him out!"

Absolutely zero way you can not say he had a steady down turn in production for the last 7 years of his 14 years here. And he had numerous opportunities to turn it around, and sometimes it looked like he would, then we would get mollywamped in a playoff game or collapse to finish the year to either back into the playoffs or miss them all together. BUT, if the decisions were just made by football guys? He'd still have a job.

I feel pretty good about letting JS make these decisions.
They may not agree with it, they may not see that that’s the right answer, or that’s not the answer that makes them feel good. The difficult part is if it’s really hard because they’re not football people. They’re not coaches. So to get to the real details of it, it’s really difficult for other people … That’s basically just common dynamics that you deal with.”
Sorry, this just doesn't sit right with me. So, if an owner wasn't an ex Football coach, they are going to make terrible decisions on their coaches? Remind me again how many games Robert Kraft coached? Can someone find me the ex NFL coach that currently owns a franchise?

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1771582/ ... ownership/

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:10 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm
But according to Pete, the guys making decisions aren't football guys, and that is why he couldn't convince them to keep him. I wonder how many organizations out there read that and thought "he, this guy is still interested in coaching. We should check him out!"

Absolutely zero way you can not say he had a steady down turn in production for the last 7 years of his 14 years here. And he had numerous opportunities to turn it around, and sometimes it looked like he would, then we would get mollywamped in a playoff game or collapse to finish the year to either back into the playoffs or miss them all together. BUT, if the decisions were just made by football guys? He'd still have a job.

I feel pretty good about letting JS make these decisions.
They may not agree with it, they may not see that that’s the right answer, or that’s not the answer that makes them feel good. The difficult part is if it’s really hard because they’re not football people. They’re not coaches. So to get to the real details of it, it’s really difficult for other people … That’s basically just common dynamics that you deal with.”
Sorry, this just doesn't sit right with me. So, if an owner wasn't an ex Football coach, they are going to make terrible decisions on their coaches? Remind me again how many games Robert Kraft coached? Can someone find me the ex NFL coach that currently owns a franchise?

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1771582/ ... ownership/
Just more confirmation that he is an old arrogant stubborn tool and if people don't agree with him they don't know anything about football.

Enjoy your retirement and beach combing buddy! Maybe he can line up the sea shells and kelp he finds into football formations! :lol:
dt

douche

Post by douche » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:40 pm
So they purposely look bad on national TV so they can improve their brand? Odd theory.
No. What I mean is that some players can be selfish. They're more about themselves than the team. Highly skilled, but not willing to sacrifice themselves or make a play for the sake of the team. But they're all over social media and they even have their own websites bragging themselves up. Misplaced priorities, in my opinion. Jamal Adams is a perfect example. He's been paid, his focus is no longer football.

I was reading an article recently about Jimmy Graham, which made me curious. Turns out he has his own web page. It's all about Jimmy. And if you ask me, there isn't much there. But he's giving it his best. Even his web page is called thejimmygraham.com because let's face it, he's not just any old Jimmy Graham, he's 'The Jimmy Graham'. :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Nice!! This process will take at least until the end of the month. imo

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 pm

Yes! No stone unturned. Love it.
dt

D-train