Future of Pete - random ranting

Donn Beach

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 am

. “I need to do a better job and I need to help my coaches more and we need to do a better job of coaching. There’s a lot of area for improvement.”
That's true, I do think it's about the staff. HC doesn't coach the team he coaches the assistants. The quality of the coaching staff has eroded

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 am

The most passive pussy ass town I have ever heard. NY may have a worse team than us but their media is far more brutal than ours. This is why you can't take shit seriously here like for real. If people said what they really felt shit would be so much more different. Welcome to the most wussiest, pussiest, wimpiest town on the planet. If shit don't change this offseason that may do it for me for these teams. I always be a sports fan till the end of time, just not these teams.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:23 am
The most passive pussy ass town I have ever heard. NY may have a worse team than us but their media is far more brutal than ours. This is why you can't take shit seriously here like for real. If people said what they really felt shit would be so much more different. Welcome to the most wussiest, pussiest, wimpiest town on the planet. If shit don't change this offseason that may do it for me for these teams. I always be a sports fan till the end of time, just not these teams.
I agree. I've been saying it for awhile, the LatteTown culture is partially responsible, IMO. There is no pressure. Do you think that Pete Carrol could lose multiple playoff games in New York because they looked like dogshit the entire first half, and then spout off in week two about "you can't win until the 4th quarter"? Fuck no. Could that smug fuck Dipotto tell Boston fans they should be thanking him that he tries to win 54% of his games every year? Imagine some coffee shop owning fucker selling the Lakers to an Hillbilly from OKC and then acting like a victim!

Only here. We bend over, take it, and not only ask for more, but pay damn good money for more. And if you do happen to win a little? Keys to the city, for as long as you want.

Should we hate Pete Carroll and discredit all he has done? No. Should he be able to coach as long as he wants? Also no.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:12 am

On the collapse of the run defense

Carroll hinted that the problems were also schematic. The coaching staff opted to change the defense midseason to limit explosive passing plays, which opened up more opportunities for opponents in the run game.

“In that transition, the running game got out of control. We were giving up 200 yards per game rushing for a month, which I can’t even fathom that,” Carroll said. “But that’s what happened. And so there’s this fine balance that you try to carry it, and that’s putting the players in the right place and practicing the right stuff.”

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:28 am

It wasn't that long ago when Carlos Dunlap finished the season with a flurry of sacks, after not having any earlier. He was asked later what changed and he said they started letting him do what he was good at. Was a very clear finger pointed at coaching. Pretty sure that is when Norton was let to, but I also think that was Dunlap's last year here.

This isn't the first time we have done some hear scratching shit. I mean, did the 49ers beat us vertically? Sure, but they do that a lot. I just don't remember watching us start out the season 6 and 3 and thinking "something has to change with this defense". Again, Pete knows one way, and even if another way is working? He don't care. Change it back. Like I said, 6 and 1 to start 2020. 31 and 33 since. But at least Pete is comfortable with how we play.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:54 am

Cowherd supports Pete, but he needs a QB
“I think in this league, go look at who’s going to the playoffs,” he said. “I mean, Miami-Buffalo last night, why did Buffalo win? (Quarterback) Josh Allen. Why is Baltimore the No. 1 seed? (Quarterback Lamar Jackson). I think Pete (Carroll) is the right coach, John (Schneider) is the right GM, I love the roster. The O-line disappointed me this year a little bit, but they’ve got playmakers.”
“I think the Seahawks are fine, I think they’re one of the few teams that has enough inventory and draft capital and players to move off some, move up and get somebody. It’s not going to be Caleb (Williams), but get somebody. Michael Penix, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix. I’m not a huge J.J. McCarthy fan.
“But Pete knows what he’s doing. The personnel is good, the drafts have been excellent, cap space, they’ve got room there. So I think they’re in great shape. It just, if you gave Seattle Josh Allen tomorrow, (they’re the) best team in the league. I love their players. Again, get the O-line sewed up a little bit. To me, it was really disappointing this year. Other than that, they’re fine.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 am
. “I need to do a better job and I need to help my coaches more and we need to do a better job of coaching. There’s a lot of area for improvement.”
That's true, I do think it's about the staff. HC doesn't coach the team he coaches the assistants. The quality of the coaching staff has eroded
So you agree PC should be fired for neglecting to do his job. I wonder why he decided not to do his job this season. Did he forget or was he just lazy???
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:27 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:54 am
“I think in this league, go look at who’s going to the playoffs,” he said. “I mean, Miami-Buffalo last night, why did Buffalo win? (Quarterback) Josh Allen. Why is Baltimore the No. 1 seed? (Quarterback Lamar Jackson). I think Pete (Carroll) is the right coach, John (Schneider) is the right GM, I love the roster. The O-line disappointed me this year a little bit, but they’ve got playmakers.”
“I think the Seahawks are fine, I think they’re one of the few teams that has enough inventory and draft capital and players to move off some, move up and get somebody. It’s not going to be Caleb (Williams), but get somebody. Michael Penix, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix. I’m not a huge J.J. McCarthy fan.
“But Pete knows what he’s doing. The personnel is good, the drafts have been excellent, cap space, they’ve got room there. So I think they’re in great shape. It just, if you gave Seattle Josh Allen tomorrow, (they’re the) best team in the league. I love their players. Again, get the O-line sewed up a little bit. To me, it was really disappointing this year. Other than that, they’re fine.”
Given some of the idiotic shit CC has said the past year or so I honestly think he might have early stage Alzheimer's. The trend continues....The should probably get him off the air before he turns into Biden. :lol:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:24 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 am
So you agree PC should be fired for neglecting to do his job. I wonder why he decided not to do his job this season. Did he forget or was he just lazy???
I don't think it's about him neglecting his job but I think that's where the issue lies. The coaching has eroded. The days of building a coaching tree seem in the past. I don't have a solution.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:10 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:27 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:54 am
Given some of the idiotic shit CC has said the past year or so I honestly think he might have early stage Alzheimer's. The trend continues....The should probably get him off the air before he turns into Biden. :lol:
Yeah, it's just that the shit has been to rip Pete. Like choosing him over RW. Interesting the change of tune