Harbaugh
20%
Other Please write in
7%

Total votes: 15

D-train

Re: Hawk HC poll

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:24 am

Hopefully we find a HC at least as smart as Bowles and smarter than this woman that asked the question. lol
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:14 am
Again the pussification of America. Football is a gladiator sport & should be played as such. You don't wanna get hit, don't play WR, RB or QB. The goal is to get the ball back for your team. At some point it seems almost unwatchable it really does. In this modern era of Fantasy & stats. It's just not the same, I can see why fans get turned off of it. That being said my 3 picks for coach are:

-MacDonald

-Slowik

-Johnson

Ah, maybe throw Smith in there too.
Like joining the Marines then declaring "I don't wanna shoot guns!" Um, THAT'S the gig.
Also hilarious: legislating hitting out of the sport because "We're all about player safety!"
"Hey, let's add more games for more tv time and more betting opps and more revenue!"
"But, won't that result in more injuries?"
"Hey look over there, it's racism!"

I'd even be on board with harbaugh (gasp!). Yeah, I said it. It's just such a crap shoot who will pan out. People are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of the latest trendy coach or next QB from Ohio State - always hyped up by the radically undereducated 'media' and it rarely pans out.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:24 am
Hopefully we find a HC at least as smart as Bowles and smarter than this woman that asked the question. lol
That commenT section is GOLD! Perfect example of the media in the US - and there are people that take them seriously, that actually listen to them. Fucking embarrassment.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:32 pm

It's not about not wanting to get hit, it's not wanting to be injured outside of an actual game

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:35 pm

ESPN writer predicts Vrabel gets the job, interesting since he isn't on their interview list

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... vrabel#sea

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 pm

And here is the obligatory Vrabel linked to the Hawks story using the guys prediction as the source

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... ans-firing

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm

57reasons wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:08 am
douche wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:13 pm
In many ways, the NFL is following the same path as the NHL. Ask yourself... what is the NHL now? Well, for me it's a slick, highly skilled non-contact beer league. Not much in the way of body contact. Just highly paid players racing around the ice. And most of the penalties that are called hardly qualify as actual penalties.

NFL... highly skilled players who are either averse to tackling or afraid of it. As aurora mentioned, it's more about their 'brand'. And in some instances (Jamal Adams, for example) it's more about social media and the size of their soapbox. I sometimes wonder if these players believe that if they don't tackle at all, then they can't be accused of not knowing how to do it properly.
Not ever a hockey fan before, just starting to become one, but doesnt that make for a better product now though? more free-flowing action where true talent is highlighted, not bullied. As an NBA comp, I'll take the excitement of the Splash Brothers in Golden State over the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons thuggery any day if you're just talking actual game play.
I don't disagree with you, but in sports like football and hockey there is inherent (and expected) body contact. I just don't see many actual body checks in the NHL anymore.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:07 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:45 pm
Like joining the Marines then declaring "I don't wanna shoot guns!" Um, THAT'S the gig.
Also hilarious: legislating hitting out of the sport because "We're all about player safety!"
"Hey, let's add more games for more tv time and more betting opps and more revenue!"
"But, won't that result in more injuries?"
"Hey look over there, it's racism!"
Accurate summary.

XpertDBA

Post by XpertDBA » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:09 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:13 pm
In many ways, the NFL is following the same path as the NHL. Ask yourself... what is the NHL now? Well, for me it's a slick, highly skilled non-contact beer league. Not much in the way of body contact. Just highly paid players racing around the ice. And most of the penalties that are called hardly qualify as actual penalties.

NFL... highly skilled players who are either averse to tackling or afraid of it. As aurora mentioned, it's more about their 'brand'. And in some instances (Jamal Adams, for example) it's more about social media and the size of their soapbox. I sometimes wonder if these players believe that if they don't tackle at all, then they can't be accused of not knowing how to do it properly.
Tell that to Matty Beniers, Brandon Tanev, and Jordan Eberle in last years playoffs and others just on the Kraken team who have been destroyed by hits big enough to take them out for several games with concussions, knees, etc. You must be watching a different NHL than I watch every night. "Not much in the way of body contact''? Please.......

douche

Post by douche » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:05 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:09 pm
Tell that to Matty Beniers, Brandon Tanev, and Jordan Eberle in last years playoffs and others just on the Kraken team who have been destroyed by hits big enough to take them out for several games with concussions, knees, etc. You must be watching a different NHL than I watch every night. "Not much in the way of body contact''? Please.......
See, those aren't body checks to me. Those are dirty hits by dirty players with intent to injure.