Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:50 am

dt

D-train

Re: Future of Pete - random ranting

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:52 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 am
It's time to let Pete go. Pete rightly won the power struggle with RW, but now Pete has had two years removed from RW.
The first year there appeared to be hope, but this team didn't take a step forward this year.
That's enough. The magic is not going to return. Hire a young guy that is more in tune with today's NFL. Let him bring his own staff
and pick his own starting QB.
I was at the game today and probably saw the same things the rest of you saw, but it's bizarre to me how shitty the defense is at this
point in the season with basically your own fate in your hands. To lay an egg today is inexcusable. The Steelers were man-handling the
Seahawks at the line of scrimmage. My most undeniable truth is if you can't stop the other team from running on you, you will lose.
The coverage issues we saw in the first embarrassing game of the season with the Rams were there the same today.
Tariq Woolen should be cut. He's not worth a fuck. Most of you probably already know this, but I learned today that our first-round pick,
who is already on the back of many fan jerseys, The Spoon, is only on the field 1/3 of the time. That seems like a lot of draft capital
on a player who's not on the field all the time.
My wife and I sat today in the south endzone and I had a flashback to sitting in the same endzone watching a game against the Rams when
we still had the legit Legion of Boom defense. I remember looking at the names on the back of those jerseys. Bobby, KJ, Kam, Earl,
Sherm, Bennett, Avirl. The 12th man at mind-numbing loud. The Rams were at the 10 and coming right at me. I Just Fucking Knew they
could not score. (they didn't). Today, there is just old Bobby. None of the other names are worth mentioning. They can't stop a cold.
The 12th man is just like them. Nothing like their former glory. Steeler fans everywhere, shitting all over our once-great tradition.
I knew "clutch Geno" was a hoax. Hoaxes have become obvious over the last 4 years. The same people perpetrate them over and over.
But Geno doesn't deserve all the blame when the defense is this bad.
Way too get the ball rolling. More proof that people in high places read this forum!!!!
dt