Brock and Salk

57reasons

Re: Brock and Salk

Post by 57reasons » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:13 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:26 pm
Wyman is a good conversationalist and has lots of interesting and funny anecdotes from his playing days. And mainly he's down to earth and can laugh at himself. To a lesser degree that is also true of Jim Moore, although he occasionally gets his panties in a bunch. If you want super in-depth explanations and break-downs then i guess Millen is your guy. Myself, i prefer someone with a sense of humor and some perspective on the seriousness of talking about sports.
Millen is garbage.. He tries to use terminology amd shit. Just obnoxious. Wyman does a way better job with his breakdowns.
lol, to each his own. Millen is DEFINITELY my guy - never anyone better!!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 pm

I like Millen, and I like Wyman, but I really liked Brock. The Go To Baby Moore is pathetic...I laughed my ass off when he told BBK that they only won because of the snow. He about cried in his WAZZU hoodie when Ben told him they lost because they only run 3 plays!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Oh come on, he was just hamming it up. Jim Moore is a thoughtful man who basks in his Cougar misery for the sake of bringing levity into our lives.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:31 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 pm
Oh come on, he was just hamming it up. Jim Moore is a thoughtful man who basks in his Cougar misery for the sake of bringing levity into our lives.
I don't mind Moore. He doesn't pretend to be anything more than he is. I get it why Husky fans might not like him though. Moore will sometimes ask the question that needs asked when others won't. The funny, (awkward funny), thing I noticed was Danny O'Neil's interaction with Moore. It was like O'Neil was participating is some unannounced pecking order contest. Of course Wyman was the alpha as the ex-player, so O'Neil seemed to always be on a campaign to make sure everyone know he was number 2; smarter, funnier and less embarrassing than Moore. The best part was none of this belittlement by O'Neil slowed Moore down one iota.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:58 am

Losses 9 of 10 Apple Cups and still talks shit. The Huskies lose by one to Cal and he was basking in their dreams of another PAC 12 Championship being over. Karma. The guy is a tool bag...he makes me laugh sometimes, but is usually a tool bag.

There is snow in the 92 Apple Cup? Moore says the spoiled California kids from Washington were too soft to handle it. Seems to have forgotten that when, like half of Cougar Nation, he now BLAMES that very snow for a loss. You can't walk a block in apullman without seeing a picture of the Snow Bowl...but now?

The excuses pile up, just like the Ls. Pardon me if I've grown tired of it. It was a matter of days after he proclaimed the Huskies season over his Cougs gave up 50 second half points to blow a huge lead. I doubt that has shut his dumb ass up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 pm
I like Millen, and I like Wyman, but I really liked Brock. The Go To Baby Moore is pathetic...I laughed my ass off when he told BBK that they only won because of the snow. He about cried in his WAZZU hoodie when Ben told him they lost because they only run 3 plays!
Yep Brock is the best. I met him and talked with him a few minutes at Earls for a Hawk draft party in 2018. Very cool down to earth guy.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:18 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:58 am
Losses 9 of 10 Apple Cups and still talks shit. The Huskies lose by one to Cal and he was basking in their dreams of another PAC 12 Championship being over. Karma. The guy is a tool bag...he makes me laugh sometimes, but is usually a tool bag.

There is snow in the 92 Apple Cup? Moore says the spoiled California kids from Washington were too soft to handle it. Seems to have forgotten that when, like half of Cougar Nation, he now BLAMES that very snow for a loss. You can't walk a block in apullman without seeing a picture of the Snow Bowl...but now?

The excuses pile up, just like the Ls. Pardon me if I've grown tired of it. It was a matter of days after he proclaimed the Huskies season over his Cougs gave up 50 second half points to blow a huge lead. I doubt that has shut his dumb ass up.
Moore reminds me of WoodinvilleCoug who would rather the Huskies lose than Cougs win. Bizarre how obsessed a lot of Cougs are with the Huskies. I hate the Ducks but I don't obsess unless we are playing them of course. :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 am

Michael K. wrote:

its what he gets paid to do, and the reason he does it, to get under your skin...lol

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:58 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:26 am
Michael K. wrote:

its what he gets paid to do, and the reason he does it, to get under your skin...lol
I used to think that, but don’t anymore. The more Chris Petersen and Jimmy Lake have owned WAZZU the more hate has spewed from plenty of Cougs. He acts like he thought BBK calling him out was funny, but he was furious and it showed.

Look, I hate Oregon. That being said, I wouldn’t live in Eugene and talk shift on a local Sports Talk show. It is stupid!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 pm
Yep Brock is the best. I met him and talked with him a few minutes at Earls for a Hawk draft party in 2018. Very cool down to earth guy.
I had a good conversation with him in Suncadia. He really is a great guy.