Brock and Salk

ThePro

Re: Brock and Salk

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:02 am
I seldom watch movies these days either, got so the only movies i see would be on plane trips...wondering, can you think of a dumb NFL player that went to Stanford?... Might not care for RW but he isn't dumb...Notre Dame?...those are the schools that actually have scholastic requirements, how about Penn St.?
Stupid or stupid ass shit? If the latter qualifies Sherman and Baldwin take the cake. Solomon Thomas sucks.. could be stupid. Did Golden Tate even go to class?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
I seldom watch movies these days either, got so the only movies i see would be on plane trips...wondering, can you think of a dumb NFL player that went to Stanford?... Might not care for RW but he isn't dumb...Notre Dame?...those are the schools that actually have scholastic requirements, how about Penn St.?
Sorry, you lost me with the part about scholastic standards. Kind of a weird segway there. :?

I haven't gone to a movie theatre (of my own free will) in over 15 years. I guess during the 90's i started to feel more and more like someone taking part in a group brainwashing session when i would attend a movie. When i went to movies then it was mainly as a social activity, strange as that sounds. But when the movie was over and i was leaving the theatre i felt more and more isolated and sense of having been psychologically abused. Part of that may have been due to the quality of the films which i attended knowing little to nothing about them beforehand.

Anyway, i got to the point during the 2000's that i would only rent movies and only after a selection process that could require pouring over all the CD covers with their little blurbs at the video rental place for considerable amounts of time. When the streaming services took over i sory of gave up on the process because i would have spent hours on research just to reach a decision on what i should watch. I suppose either my standards became too rigid or the quality of movies dropped to the point where it was no longer a rewarding experience. Its sad to say, but i know i must have missed out on a lot of good cinematic works over the past decade.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:23 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Stupid or stupid ass shit? If the latter qualifies Sherman and Baldwin take the cake. Solomon Thomas sucks.. could be stupid. Did Golden Tate even go to class?
I'm sure the tutoring services are pretty amazing at some of these "exclusive" schools.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:19 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sorry, you lost me with the part about scholastic standards. Kind of a weird segway there. :?

I haven't gone to a movie theatre (of my own free will) in over 15 years. I guess during the 90's i started to feel more and more like someone taking part in a group brainwashing session when i would attend a movie. When i went to movies then it was mainly as a social activity, strange as that sounds. But when the movie was over and i was leaving the theatre i felt more and more isolated and sense of having been psychologically abused. Part of that may have been due to the quality of the films which i attended knowing little to nothing about them beforehand.

Anyway, i got to the point during the 2000's that i would only rent movies and only after a selection process that could require pouring over all the CD covers with their little blurbs at the video rental place for considerable amounts of time. When the streaming services took over i sory of gave up on the process because i would have spent hours on research just to reach a decision on what i should watch. I suppose either my standards became too rigid or the quality of movies dropped to the point where it was no longer a rewarding experience. Its sad to say, but i know i must have missed out on a lot of good cinematic works over the past decade.
My wife and I have been married 13 years and have gone to the movies twice.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Do you watch movies at home on streaming services though? I actually have had a Netflix account for 5 or so years but generally use it to watch TV shows that don't air on regular tv anymore. Like old Twilight zone or British series.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 pm
Do you watch movies at home on streaming services though? I actually have had a Netflix account for 5 or so years but generally use it to watch TV shows that don't air on regular tv anymore. Like old Twilight zone or British series.
I like British shows and Twilight Zone too. Haven't seen the new one. I have Netflix but one of my absolute favorite things to do is go to the theater. Cinerama 70 MM film festival is like the ultimate for me.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:31 pm

I found my succes rate with finding good movies was significantly higher if they were indies or small budget.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:38 pm

So you would think when you have a weird whiny spastic like O'Neill as one half of a sports radio show you would kind of go with a straight man to team up with him to even things out. Kind of like an Andy Taylor to Barney Fife. But no, they go with this bombastic "cool" guy out of towner who is somehow even worse than Danny at times. My commute is going to be Gregg Bell on KJR from 7-7:15 and then classical music or even commercials for the rest of the time. Beats the clown show on Kiro.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:48 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sherman is an ass clown. It is hilarious that as smart as he is he can't figure out how dumb he looks. Was caught on tape threatening Jim Moore, then said it never happened and there is no proof. Then lies about a pre game handshake with Baker Mayfield, and when caught in the lie he says "well, it was an insincere handsake". Eff off clown...like anything that guy ever does when it comes to the opposition is anything more than trash talk...but, since it is sincere trash talk it's OK?

Saw something yesterday about a beat writer just wishing he would shut up and play. Ive been saying that for three years or more. Him and Baldwin both. If you are good, let others say you are good. You shouldn't need to tell people. And, in Sherman's case, what is the point in attacking people? Was intersting to hear Skip Bayless' account of Sherman ripping into him. He said that Richard was coming on for something completely different, the cameras roll and he tears into Bayless. Many times after they asked him to come back and explain, and he wouldn't. Straight up ass clown.

As for Baldwin? Loved him on the field, but all the shit talk and his refusal to get on board with Russ, and his love affair with miscreants like Lynch, Sherman and Bennett grew VERY tiresome. I don't think we miss him one single bit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Kind of looking forward to playing the 49ers. Their fans were giving me shit on twitter after I said at least we have beaten one real team. A team they would lose to on Sunday.
dt