Re: Brock and Salk

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:48 pm
ThePro wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:02 am
I seldom watch movies these days either, got so the only movies i see would be on plane trips...wondering, can you think of a dumb NFL player that went to Stanford?... Might not care for RW but he isn't dumb...Notre Dame?...those are the schools that actually have scholastic requirements, how about Penn St.?
Stupid or stupid ass shit? If the latter qualifies Sherman and Baldwin take the cake. Solomon Thomas sucks.. could be stupid. Did Golden Tate even go to class?
Sherman is an ass clown. It is hilarious that as smart as he is he can't figure out how dumb he looks. Was caught on tape threatening Jim Moore, then said it never happened and there is no proof. Then lies about a pre game handshake with Baker Mayfield, and when caught in the lie he says "well, it was an insincere handsake". Eff off clown...like anything that guy ever does when it comes to the opposition is anything more than trash talk...but, since it is sincere trash talk it's OK?

Saw something yesterday about a beat writer just wishing he would shut up and play. Ive been saying that for three years or more. Him and Baldwin both. If you are good, let others say you are good. You shouldn't need to tell people. And, in Sherman's case, what is the point in attacking people? Was intersting to hear Skip Bayless' account of Sherman ripping into him. He said that Richard was coming on for something completely different, the cameras roll and he tears into Bayless. Many times after they asked him to come back and explain, and he wouldn't. Straight up ass clown.

As for Baldwin? Loved him on the field, but all the shit talk and his refusal to get on board with Russ, and his love affair with miscreants like Lynch, Sherman and Bennett grew VERY tiresome. I don't think we miss him one single bit.

You can talk shit all you want, as long as you back it up with your play. Never hated any of'em.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:38 pm
So you would think when you have a weird whiny spastic like O'Neill as one half of a sports radio show you would kind of go with a straight man to team up with him to even things out. Kind of like an Andy Taylor to Barney Fife. But no, they go with this bombastic "cool" guy out of towner who is somehow even worse than Danny at times. My commute is going to be Gregg Bell on KJR from 7-7:15 and then classical music or even commercials for the rest of the time. Beats the clown show on Kiro.
I don't think this new 710 am commute show will last. Brock was on as a guest this morning or yesterday and this Gallant guy was arguing with him about Peyton Manning's legacy. Anyone who knows Brock knows he has a high opinion of Peyton. Brock's opinion of Peyton isn't just some fanboy infatuation, he was Peyton's back-up, was in the same locker room and meeting rooms as him. Brock was trying to take it pretty good, but this Gallant wasn't leaving a lot of room for Brock to save face. Whatever a listener thinks about Peyton Manning, Brock Huard is a bonafide sports commentator on a National level. He's the wrong guy to pull your dick out on when you just got gifted the guy's popular radio show.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 am

I didn’t hear it, and I doubt I hear much of that show ever. But this story leaves little reason for me to give them a shot.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Used to listen every am.. Since I heard it was Danny O'neil amd some dude that got fired from another network. Not even one morning have I tuned in. Still refuse to listen to 950. That's how much I hate their product.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:22 pm

I have found the show hard to listen to. I tuned in briefly one morning last week and caught Danny O in the middle of a school-girl giggle fest about something. I didn't wait to find out what is what about.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:38 pm
So you would think when you have a weird whiny spastic like O'Neill as one half of a sports radio show you would kind of go with a straight man to team up with him to even things out. Kind of like an Andy Taylor to Barney Fife. But no, they go with this bombastic "cool" guy out of towner who is somehow even worse than Danny at times. My commute is going to be Gregg Bell on KJR from 7-7:15 and then classical music or even commercials for the rest of the time. Beats the clown show on Kiro.
I don't think this new 710 am commute show will last. Brock was on as a guest this morning or yesterday and this Gallant guy was arguing with him about Peyton Manning's legacy. Anyone who knows Brock knows he has a high opinion of Peyton. Brock's opinion of Peyton isn't just some fanboy infatuation, he was Peyton's back-up, was in the same locker room and meeting rooms as him. Brock was trying to take it pretty good, but this Gallant wasn't leaving a lot of room for Brock to save face. Whatever a listener thinks about Peyton Manning, Brock Huard is a bonafide sports commentator on a National level. He's the wrong guy to pull your dick out on when you just got gifted the guy's popular radio show.
Not only going against Brock but arguing against Peyton Manning's legacy? wtf?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 pm
Used to listen every am.. Since I heard it was Danny O'neil amd some dude that got fired from another network. Not even one morning have I tuned in. Still refuse to listen to 950. That's how much I hate their product.
Not really any on KGR that I love but also noboby I hate like I do on Kiro. Who do you have issue with on KJR? I know Softy can make you want to blow my brains out every now and then.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Not really any on KGR that I love but also noboby I hate like I do on Kiro. Who do you have issue with on KJR? I know Softy can make you want to blow my brains out every now and then.
Softy is the only one I can bear. I follow him on Twitter. Hugh Millen is the worst thing to ever happen to sports radio. I would like to get a running start and punch him in the face or jump of a ladder with golf spikes and kick his face loose. Didn't that Jason Puckett A hole say he thinks something bad is gonna happen with Metcalf? What a thing to say on the air. Dick fain is useless . And F Holmgren and Cliff Avril too. Sorry for mincing my words. I should be more clear in the future.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 pm

I'd love to see ANY of the Talk Radio Critics do 15 minutes on their own without sounding like absolute total fucking RETARDS at the 1 minute mark.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:01 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 pm
I'd love to see ANY of the Talk Radio Critics do 15 minutes on their own without sounding like absolute total fucking RETARDS at the 1 minute mark.
So sound exactly like KJR lineup or Danny O'Neil then?