Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

ThePro

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by ThePro » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:54 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 am
Poor Patrick Peterson, first they show him getting bounced clear off the field during Beast Mode II, and then Carson trucked him twice. On the second one that was a straight-up pancake.
Patrick Peterson is still suspended. He didn't play yesterday.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm
auroraave wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 am
What I am happiest about today: Chris Carson and his MVP performance after eating so much shit over his fumbling. He was the only star in a rather uninspired offensive performance today. Without him, this could have been ugly.
What I am proudest of today: Wilson's continued development and maturation. He's becoming a very good decision maker in the pocket, and a fierce passer. He took what the surprisingly feisty Arizona defense gave him - which was basically Carson in the flat - and while it wasn't always pretty, it was mostly effective. I've been saying it since preseason - Wilson is going for MVP this year. Book it.
This sets up a big Thursday Night Showdown for division bragging rights. Seattle needs to unleash the offense, because I don't think that defense is going to hold the Lambs to 27.
Totally agree about Carson. He was the chief ingredient in this win. I was initially disappointed Penny couldn't go, as I was ready to see him as the feature back, although I hadn't totally given up on Carson. In hindsight, it was good to force Carson to take total responsibility. Carson responded and showed he's still that guy. I personally didn't think he got much help from the O-line. Carson's most impressive stuff is what he did after first contact.

I'm seeing RW do better stuff in the pocket. Pocket presence, or whatever you're supposed to call that, is so inherent to QBs with RW's type resume, it's easy to forget he's played most of his career bailing the pocket at the first sign of trouble. I'd be shocked if RW was MVP, but I'm rooting for Auroraave to be right anyway.

It makes me sick one of, if not the best, early season matchups in the NFL is going to be played on a Thrusday at 5pm pacific. I really thought they'd have done away with this shit by now...
If the Seahawks beat the Lambs - it'll very likely be a high scoring affair, meaning RW will have to put up some serious stats, and I'm talking about a 400 yarder. I think they're going to need that to win - and the stage is perfectly set for it - at home, too. If that plays out, Seattle will be 4-1 and the MVP talk will begin - it's more than just him, it's him leading a team that is having a surprisingly strong season. it'll be cumulative, IMO. No one outside this forum has Seattle making much noise this season. The beauty of this team right now, I said it after the Saints game, is they have not reached their ceiling, nor do they even have all their horses out there. The second half of this season is going to be very very interesting if this team stays on schedule and can stay mostly healthy. I do think the team to beat in the NFC is going to be the Saints.

Thursday night football is perfect for the "Stupid NFL Things" thread. By season's end that thread should be a mile long - evidence of the league disintegrating through sheer greed and short sighted stupidity. I think the league is morphing into the WWE.

Want to think of something frightening? The league, now more than ever, is controlling games through refereeing - play this forward - with the league getting cozy with gambling - it's just inevitable the games will be affected just enough to become suspicious. People are making money of these games - with their history of greed and incompetence - is is not fathomable to believe they will just direct the season the way the WWE is orchestrated. Knowing the outcomes makes it pretty easy to bet on games - for the insiders (like the NFL and the owners). It'll take down the league.

And remember - the league is different now because of that Saints/Rams debacle. They completely changed the rules because the backlash from that game was so epic... kinda like a certain Super Bowl that blatantly jobbed a certain West Coast team. I watch less NFL than ever before - it's hard to stomach outside of a Seahawks game anymore. I don't think I am alone in this thinking - the league is hanging itself buy alienating the fans through greed and absolutely epic arrogance. People will walk away from a shitty product... first it's just a trickle...

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:14 pm

JAWA wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 am
DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 am
Those lime green jerseys would probably look good if they'd wear navy pants. Or vice versa. Always love the gray though, seems like they always play well in gray.
Anyone happen to know their record when they play in their all grey unis? I do believe they have a winning record when they rock those unis.

It might have been an ugly wim but a wim's a wim! It could be worse, it could've been Okie-ugly! :mrgreen: :lol: :P ;)
10-1-1 in the Wolf Gray

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:22 pm

It makes me sick one of, if not the best, early season matchups in the NFL is going to be played on a Thrusday at 5pm pacific. I really thought they'd have done away with this shit by now...
well said...

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:22 pm
well said...
Talk about 1st world problems. Of all the things to worry about in life that isn't even in my top million.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
well said...
Talk about 1st world problems. Of all the things to worry about in life that isn't even in my top million.
then why are you wasting your time in a Hawk forum?...go do something useful

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

well said...
then why are you wasting your time in a Hawk forum?...go do something useful
Uh because I like NFL football and don't see the point in crying about what day they play the games. You guys are the ones that should be boycotting the forum as a way to formally protest the unspeakable crime and atrocity of Thursday night football. lol
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm

I don't need to protest anything, I can not bother with Thursday night football if i feel like it. I like premium products, you on the other hand don't seem to give a crap about anything other than just watching it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:06 pm

I just happen to agree with him...
"You know how I feel about Thursday night games," Gurley said, per ESPN. "I feel like they are the dumbest thing ever."

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm
I don't need to protest anything, I can not bother with Thursday night football if i feel like it. I like premium products, you on the other hand don't seem to give a crap about anything other than just watching it.
Yeah you guys are such refined astute connoisseurs of football that you are able to discern whether or not a team is playing on three days rest vs. 5 or 6. :lol: I would bet my house that if you watched replays of 4 Sunday night games and 1 Thursday night game, none of you would be able to correctly pick which was the Thursday game.
dt