Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

D-train

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:06 pm
I just happen to agree with him...
"You know how I feel about Thursday night games," Gurley said, per ESPN. "I feel like they are the dumbest thing ever."
Then the players shouldn't have agreed to it in the CBA.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm
I don't need to protest anything, I can not bother with Thursday night football if i feel like it. I like premium products, you on the other hand don't seem to give a crap about anything other than just watching it.
Yeah you guys are such refined astute connoisseurs of football that you are able to discern whether or not a team is playing on three days rest vs. 5 or 6. :lol: I would bet my house that if you watched replays of 4 Sunday night games and 1 Thursday night game, none of you would be able to correctly pick which was the Thursday game.
sure, just like you wouldn't really know the difference between a single malt or not but you are going to buy it anyway, but when it comes to football you do not give a shit. Again, i like a premium product, to each their own

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 pm

I will concede that worrying about Thursday night football is more reasonable than caring about what uniforms they wear.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:21 pm

I just do not see it as a premium product, its not about doing forensics on it. I would be willing to wait to get the best possible game between the Hawks and the Rams, i really see no reason to push the thing to Thursday...You are really excited to see it Thursdays instead of Sunday?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:21 pm
I just do not see it as a premium product, its not about doing forensics on it. I would be willing to wait to get the best possible game between the Hawks and the Rams, i really see no reason to push the thing to Thursday...You are really excited to see it Thursdays instead of Sunday?
I wouldn't want it Thursday every week but I am fine with it once or twice a season. My friend is having a party for the game Thursday night which will be much more festive than if it was Sunday afternoon. I have to work downtown Mon. - Thursday these days and "work" from home on Friday's so Thursday nights are really my Friday night. Also I like the the national TV and only game on aspect that makes it more of an event and gets the crowd more into it.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
I don't need to protest anything, I can not bother with Thursday night football if i feel like it. I like premium products, you on the other hand don't seem to give a crap about anything other than just watching it.
Yeah you guys are such refined astute connoisseurs of football that you are able to discern whether or not a team is playing on three days rest vs. 5 or 6. :lol: I would bet my house that if you watched replays of 4 Sunday night games and 1 Thursday night game, none of you would be able to correctly pick which was the Thursday game.
You're really going to go there? You're the biggest connoisseur of the Seattle Mariners - undeniably the worst franchise in all of professional sports - and you're throwing stones? Priceless. The athletes are the ones who claim they can tell the difference on three days rest. You arguing against them - while never having suited up on a Sunday and then a Thursday - is beyond hilarious. I personally am thrilled by, not only your love for Thursday Night games (which is your choice to watch - literally no one is saying you shouldn't watch), but also by your intimate knowledge of professional football players healing cycles, which seems to contradict the actual players playing in them. Wild! :P
Last edited by auroraave on Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:54 pm

ThePro wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:54 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:14 am
Poor Patrick Peterson, first they show him getting bounced clear off the field during Beast Mode II, and then Carson trucked him twice. On the second one that was a straight-up pancake.
Patrick Peterson is still suspended. He didn't play yesterday.
I stand corrected, it was some poor shlub named Kevin Peterson. He got credited with three tackles, including the one where Carson pushed him backwards five yards. That one was starting to look like that one scene in The Blind Side where Michael Oher pushed that guy the length of the field.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:04 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 pm
D-train wrote:
You're really going to go there? You're the biggest connoisseur of the Seattle Mariners - undeniably the worst franchise in all of professional sports - and you're throwing stones?
It's actually more like getting hit by stones.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:00 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:52 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
You're really going to go there? You're the biggest connoisseur of the Seattle Mariners - undeniably the worst franchise in all of professional sports - and you're throwing stones? Priceless. The athletes are the ones who claim they can tell the difference on three days rest. You arguing against them - while never having suited up on a Sunday and then a Thursday - is beyond hilarious. I personally am thrilled by, not only your love for Thursday Night games (which is your choice to watch - literally no one is saying you shouldn't watch), but also by your intimate knowledge of professional football players healing cycles, which seems to contradict the actual players playing in them. Wild! :P
So because I am a Mariner fan I am supposed to be appalled that football players making millions a year have to voluntarily play football on Thursdays. That is some epic logic right there. And awesome straw man with healing cycles which I never even mentioned.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Decided to read the entire Gurley piece. Ya don't say.
The Rams, trying to speed up preparations for Thursday night's game, had exercise bikes and message tables inside the locker room following Sunday's game. Gurley, who scored two touchdowns despite having a season-low 12 touches in Sunday's 55-40 loss, said that as long as you're healthy, playing on Thursday night isn't the end of the world.

"For the most part, if you aren't really battling injuries or stuff like that, Thursday is kind of like a day you usually feel good anyway," Gurley said. "(Seattle) played on Sunday, as well."
dt