D-train

Best remaining FAs at each position

Post by D-train » Thu May 16, 2019 1:23 am

dt

Michael K.

Re: Best remaining FAs at each position

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 16, 2019 3:31 am

Wide Receiver
Signed: Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin, Cole Beasley, Josh Bellamy, John Brown, Randall Cobb, Chris Conley, Jamison Crowder, Phillip Dorsett, Bruce Ellington, Larry Fitzgerald, Devin Funchess, Maurice Harris, Marvin Hall, Justin Hardy, Chris Hogan, Adam Humphries, Dontrelle Inman, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, J.J. Nelson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Breshad Perriman, Andre Roberts, Eli Rogers, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Kevin White, Tyrell Williams
Best Available: Michael Crabtree

The biggest names to change teams at the wide receiver position were not free agents — Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr. were both traded — but there are still some talented pass catchers out there. Veterans like Crabtree are always looking to prove they still got it.

Others available: Dez Bryant, Pierre Garcon, Jermaine Kearse, Rishard Matthews, De’Anthony Thomas, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams
Wow, maybe I don't want a receiver? De'Anthony could be a potential threat in Special Teams, but not much to chose from here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:31 am
Wide Receiver
Signed: Danny Amendola, Tavon Austin, Cole Beasley, Josh Bellamy, John Brown, Randall Cobb, Chris Conley, Jamison Crowder, Phillip Dorsett, Bruce Ellington, Larry Fitzgerald, Devin Funchess, Maurice Harris, Marvin Hall, Justin Hardy, Chris Hogan, Adam Humphries, Dontrelle Inman, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, J.J. Nelson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Breshad Perriman, Andre Roberts, Eli Rogers, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Kevin White, Tyrell Williams
Best Available: Michael Crabtree

The biggest names to change teams at the wide receiver position were not free agents — Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham Jr. were both traded — but there are still some talented pass catchers out there. Veterans like Crabtree are always looking to prove they still got it.

Others available: Dez Bryant, Pierre Garcon, Jermaine Kearse, Rishard Matthews, De’Anthony Thomas, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams
Wow, maybe I don't want a receiver? De'Anthony could be a potential threat in Special Teams, but not much to chose from here.
I'd take Garcon........if it was 2013.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 am

I like the Hawks WR group just fine as is. It is crazier what they did at DB last season than going with youth at WR this year.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 am
I like the Hawks WR group just fine as is. It is crazier what they did at DB last season than going with youth at WR this year.
Agree. Or how about our O line at the beginning of 2017!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 am
ThePro wrote:
I always loved you quote about paying Russell all that money and then giving him that line was much like buying the Hope Diamond and paying Grade Schoolers with squirt guns to guard it! I know that wasn't 2017, but it was hilarious!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 am
ThePro wrote:
I always loved you quote about paying Russell all that money and then giving him that line was much like buying the Hope Diamond and paying Grade Schoolers with squirt guns to guard it! I know that wasn't 2017, but it was hilarious!
:) Don't ask me how my brain works. I have yet to figure it out myself!
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 pm

I could understand the logic in bringing in a vet like Kearse, who has a history with the team, but the rest of that group - hard pass for me. I'd be good with Kearse, mostly for his familiarity with the team, and also for his veteran connection to those championship runs. I think there is a value to both of those things, as far as teaching the young guns. Just showing the rookies his highlight catch against Green Bay is enough to give anyone chills to this day. I think there is a huge value to an intangible I like to call "Championship DNA" - RW has it, the Seahawks have it all over their DNA, and very few teams do. Kearse has it too - if the Jets didn't manage to expunge it with their overall shittyness. :P

I'm pretty stoked to see what these kids can do. Damn, this team is really exciting. I can't imagine the off season having gone any better. Now, they gotta do the work.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Hard to believe that Kearse is on the to do list given zero buzz about him even coming for a visit. Maybe Thomas Wolfe was right....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu May 16, 2019 8:41 pm

I liked our off season also, will really like it if LJ becomes the next Michael Bennett. That being said, I hate that the 49ers got Bosa. I sure hope their pretty boy QB is a flop.

The good news is that Arizona continues to Cardinal the off season. Pat Pete is suspended six games for PED use and for the second straight year they will be "lead" by a rookie QB.