Friday Morning Quarterback

Oso Dorado

Friday Morning Quarterback

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

A few thoughts from last nights game:

1) Thank you Paul Allen for being the best owner in Seattle sports history.

2) It's a win! That matters. Rams play Whiners next, so someone is getting an 'L' there.

3) Great game, but I'd much rather not have to win by a missed field goal. That last drive for the Rams was too easy.

4)
Lockett’s toe-tapping TD catch in the first quarter was as improbable as it gets. According to NFL statistics , the catch had a 6.3% catch probability, the most improbable completion of the past two seasons.
Shades of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

5) Russ with a 151.8 passer rating?!

6) While I am not a big fan of Thursday night football, that was a great game. It helps when the two teams know each other and do not have to do major game planning. The same can not be said of the Giants - Patriots next week.

7) The secondary needs to play better. Goff with 395 yards passing, receivers open all night. They're getting better, but they are not there yet.

8) Clowney continues to make plays. Good pick up.

ThePro

Re: Friday Morning Quarterback

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Good post but I don't get complaining about the secondary when they play the Rams. That would be like a Rams fan complaining "They should have stopped Wilson from scrambling."

That passing attack is as good as it gets.

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:49 pm

The tackling has been terrible. Against Kamara, i understood as he's a phenomenal player. Gerald freakin Everett was breaking tackles left and right. I don't understand that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Thank you Paul Allen for being the best owner in Seattle sports history.
who is in second place, Danny Kaye?

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm
Lockett’s toe-tapping TD catch in the first quarter was as improbable as it gets. According to NFL statistics , the catch had a 6.3% catch probability, the most improbable completion of the past two seasons.
WTF? Ha. What are the parameters they put in their NFL nerdy statistic machine on that one?
It was an awesome catch made on a perfect throw. There is no doubt, but I don't think it would have looked quite as impossible if there weren't taller defenders blocking the view of the smaller Lockett. During the heyday, Russ used to complete about one impossible throw away reception to ADB per game. RW does that sh!t and Lockett is an excellent receiver.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:15 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:49 pm
The tackling has been terrible. Against Kamara, i understood as he's a phenomenal player. Gerald freakin Everett was breaking tackles left and right. I don't understand that.
Fundamentals. There is hardly any time to practice and there is no contact in practice. Imagine being told to go tackle some of those grown men out there when it isn't something you ever do besides in a game?

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:46 pm
Good post but I don't get complaining about the secondary when they play the Rams. That would be like a Rams fan complaining "They should have stopped Wilson from scrambling."

I agree that the Rams are tough to defend, but I don't think I'm complaining when I say that they need to get better. The two takeaways were a huge part of us winning this game. Still, this is not a championship defense, but it might become one. I could easily comment on the offense not being able to get a first down to ice the game, as well. There is room for improvement. I expect both the Rams and the Hawks to be better when they play next. (Sunday night Dec 8th, btw)

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:23 pm

sure, the team develops as the season goes along. I don't think PC would claim they are a playoff caliber team presently, the trick is to be one when the playoffs come around, peaking so to speak. That is something i enjoy about football, watching the team improve and come together

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm
ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:46 pm

I agree that the Rams are tough to defend, but I don't think I'm complaining when I say that they need to get better. The two takeaways were a huge part of us winning this game. Still, this is not a championship defense, but it might become one. I could easily comment on the offense not being able to get a first down to ice the game, as well. There is room for improvement. I expect both the Rams and the Hawks to be better when they play next. (Sunday night Dec 8th, btw)

That game will be a shit show too. Teams are so familiar with each other. Goff might have 600 yards passing next time.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:42 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:23 pm
sure, the team develops as the season goes along. I don't think PC would claim they are a playoff caliber team presently, the trick is to be one when the playoffs come around, peaking so to speak. That is something i enjoy about football, watching the team improve and come together
The pretty much need to go 5-6 or worse not to make the playoffs and they just beat the NFC champs. I think they are a playoff caliber team.
dt