Clowney loves it here, but... can we afford him? I think so.

ThePro

Re: Clowney loves it here, but... can we afford him? I think so.

Post by ThePro » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 am

Clowney is going to cost around 22- 23 million.. He's worth it. You can see he is in a better system. He likes it here. He is 26 yo. His best football is ahead of him. This is the kind of player you invest in. Hawks have the cap space. They need to sign Clowney and Reed.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:22 am

ThePro wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 am
Clowney is going to cost around 22- 23 million.. He's worth it. You can see he is in a better system. He likes it here. He is 26 yo. His best football is ahead of him. This is the kind of player you invest in. Hawks have the cap space. They need to sign Clowney and Reed.
I agree.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Well, since Norton is too stupid to know how to use his players to generate a pass rush, what is the point in signing Clowny to some mega-deal? Branden Jackson can probably manage to get 1 sack every 4 games too.
:roll:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:40 am

ThePro wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am
Well, since Norton is too stupid to know how to use his players to generate a pass rush, what is the point in signing Clowny to some mega-deal? Branden Jackson can probably manage to get 1 sack every 4 games too.
I had the same thought. There isn't a scheme for an edge rusher right? We are 5-1 and Clowney is our best D lineman. I love to complain as you guys know but I am going to refrain this time.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:59 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:40 am
ThePro wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 am
I had the same thought. There isn't a scheme for an edge rusher right? We are 5-1 and Clowney is our best D lineman. I love to complain as you guys know but I am going to refrain this time.
Someone is obsessed with the aptitude of coaches.. I don't get it.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:15 am

If it was just Clowney, I would say that. But when the entire defensive front can't generate any QB pressure that is on the coaches, because they have the players. Just my opinions...

1. They hired Schottenheimer because he isn't an innovator and will just go along with what Carroll envisions the offense should be. Maybe he's competent at working within someone else's system, but he isn't bright enough to run his own show.
2. They brought Norton back because it was a "feel good move" and he was another guy that wouldn't rock the boat with regard to running Carroll's system rather than his own.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 am

and they are 5-1 with that wacky system of PC's

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 am
So they barely scraped victories out against some bad teams. Even the Rams aren't looking so good right now. If you can't look beyond win-loss record than there's no point discussing how the coaches are doing specifically. Anyway, didn't you say you thought this was a 10 win team? Most 10 win teams look better than this. They may win 10 games, but they look pretty damned mediocre to me.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:00 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 am
So they barely scraped victories out against some bad teams. Even the Rams aren't looking so good right now. If you can't look beyond win-loss record than there's no point discussing how the coaches are doing specifically. Anyway, didn't you say you thought this was a 10 win team? Most 10 win teams look better than this. They may win 10 games, but they look pretty damned mediocre to me.
give me a 83% winning percentage (5-1) in the NFL and call me mediocre all day long :D

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:15 am
If it was just Clowney, I would say that. But when the entire defensive front can't generate any QB pressure that is on the coaches, because they have the players. Just my opinions...

1. They hired Schottenheimer because he isn't an innovator and will just go along with what Carroll envisions the offense should be. Maybe he's competent at working within someone else's system, but he isn't bright enough to run his own show.
2. They brought Norton back because it was a "feel good move" and he was another guy that wouldn't rock the boat with regard to running Carroll's system rather than his own.
You didn't notice that under Schotty Russ has the fastest to release time in the game after years of scramble around and make something happen.