A way too early 2020 Hawks Mock Draft

IStillLoveTheMs

A way too early 2020 Hawks Mock Draft

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes. Too early. But I'm not sorry haha I love writing these things and figuring out where the Hawks might go. Plus it might give you guys some names to look for! We have too many picks (will also probably have a 3rd rounder as a compensatory pick I think from losing Richardson? Could be wrong)... so I anticipate the Hawks actually trading up for once in the earlier rounds.

Round 1: Xavier McKinney S Alabama
It's no secret. Our safeties suck. McKinney is a tackling monster. He had 70 of them last year as a safety... that's nice. Versatile as heck... can cover and play in the box.

Round 2: Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin
Centers usually go late 2nd early 3rd if they have talent. Thankfully we have 2 picks in this range. He's a mauler. He' strong as hell. Perfect for this offense.

Round 2: Trey Adams OT Washington
Has never really played guard... so I guess he sits as depth. But maybe this is where they take their insurance for Duane Brown. Injury prone former projected top-10 pick. If he can stay healthy he's a great value pick in the 2nd round.

Round 3: Bryce Hall CB Virginia
All-American who led CFB with something like 30 pass breakups in 2018. Has had some injuries in 2019 and will maybe see his draft stock fall as a result. I think we'll pay Shaq down the road... but the Trey Flowers experiment has left a lot to be desired this season.

Round 3: Alex Leatherwood C/OG/OT Alabama
Versatile offensive line prospect who played center in college but could be utilized as a guard or tackle in the NFL. Hyper athletic, big, great puller, solid technique.

Round 4: Tipa Galeai OLB/Edge Utah St.
Was booted from TCU for fighting two students. Hyper athletic edge rusher with great speed. Big production in a smaller conference. Hawks need to keep drafting edge defenders until a few stick.

Round 4: Darnay Holmes S/CB UCLA
Shorter CB who has been left on an island at UCLA outside. But the dude is an incredible athlete and I'd love to see him in there as the slot. He's a hard hitter, a fighter and is ultra competitive. We're paper thin at this position and I'm not sold on Imadi... we're currently starting a guy we picked up off the streets.

Round 4: Josiah Deguara TE Cincinatti
I've been pretty impressed with this guy when I've watched. He's an extremely active blocker. Great as a block and release TE. Super good with the ball in his hand and in space.

Round 5: Kylin Hill RB Mississippi St.
You know what? I'm sick of these change of pace backs... why not have two bruisers in there? He looks like Chris Carson's twin physically. As we've seen, when Carson needs a spell it hasn't been there. He's a punisher. He can catch and run. Lets stop fucking around.

Round 6: Benito Jones DT Ole Miss
Former 5-star prospect who is highly productive on the interior. 34 tackles, 9 for loss, 4 sacks. Depth pick

Round 7: Donte Olsen ILB Montana
Highly productive tackler drafted for special teams.

D-train

Re: A way too early 2020 Hawks Mock Draft

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:35 pm

I am truly amazed by this. :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:48 am

Yeah, they need to focus on offensive line and safety. That much we can be certain of.

Lamda

Post by Lamda » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

lol at this point all we can just about clearly say is we're looking at a mid-late 20-something pick...so i'm going to go out on a limb... a huge perilous limb...and say we trade into the 2nd round...just putting it out there.....

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Lamda wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am
lol at this point all we can just about clearly say is we're looking at a mid-late 20-something pick...so i'm going to go out on a limb... a huge perilous limb...and say we trade into the 2nd round...just putting it out there.....
With as many as 10 (maybe 11 or 12 w/ compensatory) picks in the draft... this is the first time in a while I doubt you'll see them trade down. This team has holes and they think they move up actually to fill them with cream of the crop draftees.

Previous drafts we haven't quite had the capital we have in 2020 which is why we traded back.