Breakdown of OC Schottenheimer

Donn Beach

Re: Breakdown of OC Schottenheimer

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:23 pm

yeah, Shotty works within the framework of PC's overall philosophy, the two are not mutually exclusive. That "super-conservative offensive philosophy" which has lead to the best winning percentage of any Seahawk coach in the franchises existence. Oh shit, there i go bringing up PC's record again. Sorry, I guess I am just confused as to what metric we should use to grade a coach.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Yeah, well that stupid overly-conservative bullshit cost them a Super Bowl. There's a lot of head coaches out there that would have won multiple SBs with that roster. And in the "what have you done lately" department neither Carroll nor Schneider has been that special.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:12 pm

ok...so you are butt hurt over not enough SBs...got it

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
Yeah, well that stupid overly-conservative bullshit cost them a Super Bowl. There's a lot of head coaches out there that would have won multiple SBs with that roster. And in the "what have you done lately" department neither Carroll nor Schneider has been that special.
Not sure you understand what conservative means. Passing on the one yard line isn't conservative. As far as that roster. You forget what coach assembled and developed that roster. So to say another coach would have won multiple Superbowls doesn't make any sense. Every other coach passed on the stars on that roster.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Still don’t understand the mind set of blaming the coach when things go wrong and discrediting the coaching when things go well. I don’t for one second think our offense would look this way of a Bevell were still here....or Cable.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Still don’t understand the mind set of blaming the coach when things go wrong and discrediting the coaching when things go well. I don’t for one second think our offense would look this way of a Bevell were still here....or Cable.
They had the 4th ranked offense under Bevell a few years ago.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:02 pm

ThePro wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
Not sure you understand what conservative means. Passing on the one yard line isn't conservative. As far as that roster. You forget what coach assembled and developed that roster. So to say another coach would have won multiple Superbowls doesn't make any sense. Every other coach passed on the stars on that roster.
Carroll assembled the roster? BS. I'd guess McCloughan had a bigger hand in it than either him or Schneider based on their track record since he left.

And i wasn't referring to the pass on the one yard line. It was the entire 4th quarter before that last drive that was conservative.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:27 pm
They had the 4th ranked offense under Bevell a few years ago.
Yep, instilling a rhythm and tempo passing attack. It took until this year to go back to it. Maybe that isn't Bevell's fault, but it sure is odd that the very thing that worked is what we decided we couldn't do anymore.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Carroll assembled the roster? BS. I'd guess McCloughan had a bigger hand in it than either him or Schneider based on their track record since he left.

And i wasn't referring to the pass on the one yard line. It was the entire 4th quarter before that last drive that was conservative.
Ummm no Carroll just like he assembled the Patriots defense before Belichick got there. Carroll drafted most of those players too. So double BS on you.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Are you referring to the former team president? I guarantee you he had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with constructing that roster.