What is an MVP?

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: What is an MVP?

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm

I have trouble with the notion of throwing the ball to a spot without any idea if a defender might be there. Sure, you have to anticipate and trust that the receiver will run his route correctly, but i would have trouble releasing the ball without knowing where all the defenders are. I guess that's why i would never have been able to be a quarterback.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:48 pm
I have trouble with the notion of throwing the ball to a spot without any idea if a defender might be there. Sure, you have to anticipate and trust that the receiver will run his route correctly, but i would have trouble releasing the ball without knowing where all the defenders are. I guess that's why i would never have been able to be a quarterback.
They do know where all the defenders are... That's why the QB throws it early.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 am
Brees is listed at 6 ft (183 cm) tall and 209 lbs
Wilson is listed at 5'11" (180 cm) and 215 lbs

I would think Wilson is closer to 225 these days.

Interestingly, they have the same hand size: 10 inches
Sorry, look at the picture of the two of them standing side by side in t-shirts. Drew looks shorter and far skinnier!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Picture+o ... lang=en-US

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:24 am

Pictures can be deceiving.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:51 am

RW is looking up at him isn't he...

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:04 am

Brees himself this week admitted he was once so keen to reciprocate that opposition research that he attended his first ever Super Bowl as a spectator specifically to scout the Seattle defense, after the Seahawks won their second straight NFC championship back in 2014. Brees was also at Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis over the weekend as part of the NFL’s Man of the Year celebration, and told the New Orleans Times-Picayune he usually doesn’t like to go the the title game when his own team’s not involved but he made an exception that year just to study Seattle’s defensive scheme one more time. At that date, the Seahawks had defeated the Saints three times in a row including two playoff wins, but after getting a good look at the way the New England Patriots attacked Carroll’s secondary Brees was able to come away with a win in his only chance since, in 2016 in New Orleans
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/2/7/169 ... ans-saints

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:40 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:51 am
RW is looking up at him isn't he...

And? Did you look at the picture I showed? Do you think Brees looks to have the same girth? I'll take the muscle mass of Russ over the 1/8th of an inch Brees is taller.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 am

Both Lamar(4.34 40) and DangeRuss (4.55 40 time) are deserving.

Lamar is like the love child of Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson running the football. He is explosive with the ball to say the least. The only comparable would be Mike Vick 4.25 & 4.31 40), I would have to go back and look at RGIII to accept deny him.(4.41 40) The other running QBs, Russ, R. Cunningham, Young, do/ did not have elite speed just good speed for a QB.

Lamar is one of the extreme breed of QBs that could break a 80 or 90 yard run and not be some sort of fluke keystone cops mistakes/give up play on D.

Vick In ATl did not have many more TDS than Ints and was peak at 56.4% and that is not very good. He went to Phi. after 2 years and improved dramatically ( Andy Reed) had a few 3K passing yards but was injury prone. He did have a 254.1PY/g year and a 100 rating 1 year.

RGIII Had 20TD 5 Int 3200 yard 65.6 comp% in 15 games as a rookie, and a 68+ % a few years later.

Lamar has a 17-3 record to start up. He had a 58.3% as a rookie and 66.3% this year but has 2 perfect QB ratings games this year both he completed over 85% of his passes and in one over 300 yards. His season low was 45% against the Hawks. How good is Lamar? Good enough to let Joe Flacco go and he won a super bowl with the same coach.

Russ is a deserving candidate but Lamar has eye popping plays. I would consider Russ as having the better season but truthfully the pulse of the media is pushing Lamar.

AND.
The Heisman wishbone look is crazy with possibles.
QB Lamar
RB's 1&2 Ingram and Edwards 4.9 and 5.5 yards a carry
RG3 as another option as a runner/passer/receiver

Match ups and discipline would be problamatic to say the least. Who covers Lamar on a pitch to RG3? The Ravens now have 2X the most dynamic runner passers out of 3? Maybe a few more would make the list if I mined it but I really can't think of too many.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 am
Both Lamar(4.34 40) and DangeRuss (4.55 40 time) are deserving.

Lamar is like the love child of Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson running the football. He is explosive with the ball to say the least. The only comparable would be Mike Vick 4.25 & 4.31 40), I would have to go back and look at RGIII to accept deny him.(4.41 40) The other running QBs, Russ, R. Cunningham, Young, do/ did not have elite speed just good speed for a QB.

Lamar is one of the extreme breed of QBs that could break a 80 or 90 yard run and not be some sort of fluke keystone cops mistakes/give up play on D.

Vick In ATl did not have many more TDS than Ints and was peak at 56.4% and that is not very good. He went to Phi. after 2 years and improved dramatically ( Andy Reed) had a few 3K passing yards but was injury prone. He did have a 254.1PY/g year and a 100 rating 1 year.

RGIII Had 20TD 5 Int 3200 yard 65.6 comp% in 15 games as a rookie, and a 68+ % a few years later.

Lamar has a 17-3 record to start up. He had a 58.3% as a rookie and 66.3% this year but has 2 perfect QB ratings games this year both he completed over 85% of his passes and in one over 300 yards. His season low was 45% against the Hawks. How good is Lamar? Good enough to let Joe Flacco go and he won a super bowl with the same coach.

Russ is a deserving candidate but Lamar has eye popping plays. I would consider Russ as having the better season but truthfully the pulse of the media is pushing Lamar.

AND.
The Heisman wishbone look is crazy with possibles.
QB Lamar
RB's 1&2 Ingram and Edwards 4.9 and 5.5 yards a carry
RG3 as another option as a runner/passer/receiver

Match ups and discipline would be problamatic to say the least. Who covers Lamar on a pitch to RG3? The Ravens now have 2X the most dynamic runner passers out of 3? Maybe a few more would make the list if I mined it but I really can't think of too many.
Good points but I would throw the 40 times out the window . Jackson might be the fastest offensive player I've seen on a football field.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:58 am

Russell Wilson isn't winning MVP...