Huard calls it

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Huard calls it

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:22 am

auroraave wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:02 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am
Maybe he can be the next Jerome Bettis. :)
You mean fat and gifted a Super Bowl? I'm down with that.

Well, he's half-way there i guess.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:58 am

Caeson's role in the fumble attributed to RW...
“The fumble that got away, he missed the check and he was faking like it was a play-action pass, so he didn’t think the ball was being handed to him,” Carroll said. “So he missed it and everyone else (on the offense) got (the check) so it’s still his error in that, but that wasn’t a fumble that caused because you don’t take care of the football properly. But it’s still a problem.”
sounds more like committee now, though they probably want to find a hot hand as well, one would think, gonna be interesting
“We’ll look after (Carson). Chris is a guy that’s a big part of our program and we’ve got to keep working,” Carroll said. “He’s doing everything he can to do right and we’ve just got to take care of the football better. What’s really a good thing is competition is a beautiful thing. Rashaad played really well yesterday and there’s no reason not to get him back in there next week and we’ll look forward to those guys hammering it away and we’ll see how it works out.”
Last edited by Donn Beach on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:09 am

Ziggy...
“It’s something I’m kind of pumped up about because we kicked him into a sort of upscale strength program a few weeks ago to try to get his weight back up, because he was really 15 to 18 pounds under what his playing weight had been in year’s past just because he wasn’t able to lift with the shoulder through the offseason,” Carroll said of Ansah, who had shoulder surgery between the 2018 and 2019 seasons. “We just thought let’s start working him in addition to the normal work our guys do and see if we couldn’t get a response, and in actuality his weight, he’s the heaviest he’s been, he’s over 260 and his strength is improving and it looked like maybe there was a threshold there in the hard work. I don’t know what it was but he did play his best football game here.

“He always gives great effort. He was more physical, he used his hands better, he used his right shoulder a number of times in his pass rush and playing the run.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Man, I can't believe Clowney's injury situation. Those hernia's usually need surgery or they linger. Would have been so sweet to finally see everyone on the D line healthy. Even Collier got in for 26 plays though still somehow managed to avoid getting a tackle.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:40 pm
Man, I can't believe Clowney's injury situation. Those hernia's usually need surgery or they linger. Would have been so sweet to finally see everyone on the D line healthy. Even Collier got in for 26 plays though still somehow managed to avoid getting a tackle.
Sounds like he is going to play.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:23 pm

sort of interesting, Pete saying it was the treatment that was the reason he didn't play, that is how i read that
“He went out there and they had to evaluate whether they were going to give him a particular treatment,” Carroll said. “The treatment they gave him made him uncomfortable even more so but should have a positive impact moving forward. They felt clear in the diagnosis and all that and he should be able to handle it.”

The hope is to have Clowney back for Week 13 against the Vikings, but it all depends on how he responds. In the end, the treatment was in Clowney’s best interest long-term.

“We’ve got to see how he returns, but he was really uncomfortable more so than before which is often the case but not always the case,” Carroll said. “So we had to take a shot at it and see if it worked out. It will be the best thing for the long haul.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:23 pm
sort of interesting, Pete saying it was the treatment that was the reason he didn't play, that is how i read that
“He went out there and they had to evaluate whether they were going to give him a particular treatment,” Carroll said. “The treatment they gave him made him uncomfortable even more so but should have a positive impact moving forward. They felt clear in the diagnosis and all that and he should be able to handle it.”

The hope is to have Clowney back for Week 13 against the Vikings, but it all depends on how he responds. In the end, the treatment was in Clowney’s best interest long-term.

“We’ve got to see how he returns, but he was really uncomfortable more so than before which is often the case but not always the case,” Carroll said. “So we had to take a shot at it and see if it worked out. It will be the best thing for the long haul.”
so short term pain for long term gain. We won and the D line dominated so good decision for sure.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Great stat here. I don't believe the guy they are facing Sunday is a pocket passer and interesting he doesn't consider RW a pocket passer.
Eric Branch
@Eric_Branch
·
23m
#49ers passer rating allowed vs. Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray: 103.9
49ers passer rating allowed vs. 8 pocket passers: 51.9
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:47 pm
Great stat here. I don't believe the guy they are facing Sunday is a pocket passer and interesting he doesn't consider RW a pocket passer.
Eric Branch
@Eric_Branch
·
23m
Jackson is more of a pocket passer than Wilson or Murray. Those guys scramble to pass. Jackson takes off upfield.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:25 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:02 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:47 pm
Eric Branch
@Eric_Branch
·
23m
Jackson is more of a pocket passer than Wilson or Murray. Those guys scramble to pass. Jackson takes off upfield.
Perhaps, but the stat tells me they are not good at chasing QBs regardless of whether the QB passes or runs upfield following the scramble.
dt