Good analytical piece on the potential impact of DK

D-train

Good analytical piece on the potential impact of DK

Post by D-train » Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 pm

He makes the same Randy Moss comparison that I did recently.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/5/25/18 ... l-analysis
dt

ThePro

Re: Good analytical piece on the potential impact of DK

Post by ThePro » Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Made the comparison but also said he didn't believe it would happen. Amazing how polarizing Metcalf is. Some want to temper their expectations? Why? Some think he is too good to be true so therefore he will be a bust. :lol:

He is in razor sharp condition. He had one of the best combine performances ever. He looks like one of the Avengers and some view that as a negative. "He can't change direction and run routes " when there is game film of him doing exactly that. His college coaches , His current coaches and QB all say he runs a complete route tree. That will follow him always like the " Wilson can't see over the LOS " crap.

Someone who works that hard at their craft barring disaster is going to be great. His Grandfather, Father and Uncle played in the NFL. Like the Mannings , Clay Mathews, TJ Watt etc.. he is prepared as any rookie ever. Metcalf took it upon himself to work with the premier receiver coach in the country. He is always doing catching and eye/hand coordination drills . I saw yesterday that He and Wilson stay after practice every day to work on routes. His work ethic is off the charts.

The million dollar question is "why did everyone pass on him if he is so good?" Who the hell knows? Why did they pass on Antonio Brown? Why did they pass on Doug Baldwin? Or Aaron Rodgers? Brady? Wilson? I could go on and on. Its going to be incredible to watch him play. Your Moss comparison is accurate IMO.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm
D-train wrote:

Made the comparison but also said he didn't believe it would happen. Amazing how polarizing Metcalf is. Some want to temper their expectations? Why? Some think he is too good to be true so therefore he will be a bust. :lol:

He is in razor sharp condition. He had one of the best combine performances ever. He looks like one of the Avengers and some view that as a negative. "He can't change direction and run routes " when there is game film of him doing exactly that. His college coaches , His current coaches and QB all say he runs a complete route tree. That will follow him always like the " Wilson can't see over the LOS " crap.

Someone who works that hard at their craft barring disaster is going to be great. His Grandfather, Father and Uncle played in the NFL. Like the Mannings , Clay Mathews, TJ Watt etc.. he is prepared as any rookie ever. Metcalf took it upon himself to work with the premier receiver coach in the country. He is always doing catching and eye/hand coordination drills . I saw yesterday that He and Wilson stay after practice every day to work on routes. His work ethic is off the charts.

The million dollar question is "why did everyone pass on him if he is so good?" Who the hell knows? Why did they pass on Antonio Brown? Why did they pass on Doug Baldwin? Or Aaron Rodgers? Brady? Wilson? I could go on and on. Its going to be incredible to watch him play. Your Moss comparison is accurate IMO.
I know, its crazy. I have noticed a real trend lately that a lot of people equate skepticism with intelligence and consider positive thinking people pie in the sky loons.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:14 pm
D-train wrote:

Great analogy on Wilson being too short. I remember posting the average height of Wisconsin's OL which was like 6'5" and asked the sceptics how he was able to have a great season there. Mostly crickets but of course some said some nonsense like the NFL is different like it is easier to see over a 6-5 guy in college. lol
dt

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Media overthink, they always wanna find fault with something. How often do they talk to these guys coaches. He's a vertical type WR he doesn't need to run every single route in the route tree. Did Moss, Owens, Cris Carter & the GOAT Jerry Rice all run every single route in the route tree. His work ethic will shine through. As long as he has about 4 maybe 5 routes in his arsenal he should be good.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun May 26, 2019 12:48 am

D-train wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Great analogy on Wilson being too short. I remember posting the average height of Wisconsin's OL which was like 6'5" and asked the sceptics how he was able to have a great season there. Mostly crickets but of course some said some nonsense like the NFL is different like it is easier to see over a 6-5 guy in college. lol
I would say how could he complete 70% of his passes if he can't see? :shock: More crickets. Hawks got Wilson in the 3rd round because of that BS. Thanks skeptics... :lol: Looks like they are giving the Hawks a gift again. Metcalf is "too big and too fast" He won't be able to run routes.. You can't make this stuff up. :lol:

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 am

The scariest wide receiver I've ever seen. If he stays healthy, he is going to eat defensive backs like most people eat Cheetos.

The Gospel According to Homer 5:25

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun May 26, 2019 12:59 am

maoling wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 am
The scariest wide receiver I've ever seen. If he stays healthy, he is going to eat defensive backs like most people eat Cheetos.

Who said that?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 1:03 am

maoling wrote:

He kind of reminds me of you physique wise, Mike. ;) :) Kind of like how my Rottweilers and Dachshunds are both dogs.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 1:04 am

ThePro wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:59 am
maoling wrote:

Who said that?
He saw him up close and personal at a WSU event for Paul Allen at the VMAC.
dt