Ravens v. Whiners

Michael K.

Re: Ravens v. Whiners

Post by Michael K. » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:21 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:47 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm
A 4 and out and two 3 and outs prior to that last drive, with a lot of run plays if i recall. That was turtling up and hoping Brady wouldn't do what he had a reputation for doing.
They did play aggressively after Baldwin's TD. After the Patriots punted Wilson completed a 25 yard pass to Lockette but then Kearse dropped a bomb, forcing a punt. On the next drive Lynch got stuffed twice and then Wilson got sacked. On the first play of the third drive (and the Patriots went three-and-out twice) Wilson fired a dart over the middle to Lockette that would have been a big gain except that Malcolm Butler blatantly tackled him before the ball arrived. Somehow this huge non-call got swept under the rug even in our minds. Between that, the injuries, and what Bevell did, the Patriots were totally gifted that game.
I forgot about the PI. The drop was huge. I remember thinking the same thing, at least we haven't curled up into a ball. Kearse makes the catch or Lockett's play gets flagged and who knows? We might have been running out the clock at the end and not throwing a slant to the gunner on the punt team.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:53 am
How did that work out in Super Bowl LIV? When you have them down, keep pounding 'em with everything you've got.
This works if you got them down via the run. If you built your lead through the air, then generally continuing the aerial assault will provide more chance for the opponent to come back unless you're just unstoppable with it. (never incomplete, never interception)

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:49 pm

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am
Sorry, i meant SB 49, not 54. The one where the Seahawks went up 24-14 with 20 minutes to go vs the Patriots.
Just went through the play by play on that game. Oh my god. The amount of 3 & outs they had holy crap. :x