Re: Brandon Marshall comments on Baldwin..etc

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 pm

You're not people, you're a DTerminator.
Headed LA a week from today. Dinner at Sur 6pm on Sunday.
Which one? Hit me up and we'll gab a drink somewhere if you have time.
There's more than one? Its on Robertson.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Headed LA a week from today. Dinner at Sur 6pm on Sunday.
Which one? Hit me up and we'll gab a drink somewhere if you have time.
There's more than one? Its on Robertson.
Ahhh, I was thinking of Sur la Table - a small chain. Dude, I live off of Robertson and Wilshire - that's literally in my 'hood

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Cool. Yeah its the hub of my favorite reality show. VPR. Hopefully some of hot female cast members will be working. :)

https://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules

I will hit you up when we get down there.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:01 am
Marshall's comments start at about 1:02. Lengthy but good segment. The dynamic between the two was...different. Toxic is too strong but the locker room is better now.
I can't speak for everyone but the problem to me is Baldwin acted like a diva except he was never that good IMO .
I felt this was a thing long before it became a mainstream position. I really enjoyed watching Baldwin as a player and felt "he was that good", but always felt he was an asshole when interviewed. I felt Doug was not only passively aggressively dismissive of RW, but also dismissive of Seahawk fans. The "we will follow you into darkness" quote always bothered me as, in my mind, it was proof he didn't respect RW. The pooping the football in the SB showed he cared more about the "pedestrian" quote then he did his team and fans who did love him. For a long time he got a pass from media and fans.

Sherman was one of my favorite players for a long time. I love how he came from way down in the draft to being maybe the best CB in the league. I'm embarrassed to say now, I spent a lot of time defending Sherman for his early behavior with Tomasina Brady, Erin Andrews, Skippy Bayless, Coach Richard, Coach Bevel, etc. It turns out he was just a conceited entitled ass hole, similar to ADB.