Absolutely bizarre phenomenon

D-train

Absolutely bizarre phenomenon

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 pm

People are actually getting mad at people on Twitter they disagree with about rooting for the Saints or 49ers like it will have some impact on the outcome of the game. :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://twitter.com/dickfain/status/1202649322333978624
dt

Michael K.

Re: Absolutely bizarre phenomenon

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:41 pm

And that surprises you? It was a few years ago someone chastised me on the Times Forum for looking ahead when I was discussing a matchup a few weeks away. Like somehow a few fans talking about it would distract the team and players from the current job at hand!

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:41 pm
And that surprises you? It was a few years ago someone chastised me on the Times Forum for looking ahead when I was discussing a matchup a few weeks away. Like somehow a few fans talking about it would distract the team and players from the current job at hand!
:lol: That's right! But this takes it even further. The thought that the Saints and 49ers players would somehow benefit from the majority of Seahawk fans are rooting for them is astronomically absurd. And to argue about it????? Wow.
dt

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 pm

I find it not surprising since people have absolutist opinions on the internet, but it is an interesting question on who to root for. I suspect I will root for NO, since I detest the Whiners so much.
In reality, I will find out who I am rooting for when the game is on. When one team does something, I'll see if I am happy or not....then I will know.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 pm

The NFL usually works itself out since there is so much parady. I agree, it will be hard to root for SF, so I probably just won't.

It is even worse in college. Obviously I am a huge Husky fan. Over the years I have developed on again off again hatred for a lot of the schools in the Conference. Even though I dispise the thought that we are looked down on as a Conference, I have a HELL of a time rooting for many of the teams in the Pac 12. I try, just can't do it.

That being said, in no way shape or form do I think my watching a TV and hoping something happens will have any effect on it.

Debating which helps us more? I guess since we control our own destiny with the 49ers, theoretically the Saints losing helps us most. BUT, I usually worry about the division first...but that is just me. I really think the Saints could be in for trouble. I am baffled at the way they use their weapons on offense, and if Rivera and the Panthers weren't stupid, the Saints would be a game behind anyway. They are going to lose another one, IMO.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:58 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 pm
I find it not surprising since people have absolutist opinions on the internet, but it is an interesting question on who to root for. I suspect I will root for NO, since I detest the Whiners so much.
In reality, I will find out who I am rooting for when the game is on. When one team does something, I'll see if I am happy or not....then I will know.
Ha. I am the same way. btw it is fun to think about it, I just can't fathom being critical of someone for it like you need them on your side for things to work out. That is the bizarre part about it.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:22 pm

I love this!!! I remember too many seasons where the hot debate topic was should the team draft a QB or Offensive line first. Now it's should we go for the easy NFC west division crown or shoot for the moon #1 seed overall. Something is good at Sodo baby.

Here's my two cents..

Either way a 49er win or loss helps us. However I want no part of playing the Saints on the road in a NFC championship. After last season the league is going to do everything in its power to ensure the Saints go. It will be worse than Ford field and Jerome Bettis.

What I dont understand is it doesn't have to be an either or. Hawks can win the division and get the #1 seed. They've done it before.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:22 pm
I love this!!! I remember too many seasons where the hot debate topic was should the team draft a QB or Offensive line first. Now it's should we go for the easy NFC west division crown or shoot for the moon #1 seed overall. Something is good at Sodo baby.

Here's my two cents..

Either way a 49er win or loss helps us. However I want no part of playing the Saints on the road in a NFC championship. After last season the league is going to do everything in its power to ensure the Saints go. It will be worse than Ford field and Jerome Bettis.

What I dont understand is it doesn't have to be an either or. Hawks can win the division and get the #1 seed. They've done it before.
I vote offensive lineman :D

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:36 pm

ThePro wrote:

Both excellent points. Like I said, I will have a hard time rooting for the 9ers, but wouldn't be devastated to see the Aints lose.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 pm

ThePro wrote:

Here's my two cents..

Exactly. 1st world problems. And the Saints could lose in Tennessee and the 49ers could lose to the Rams. Who should we root for!??!? So stressful. lol

I am just happy we are going to finish above .500 so the three blind mice that were freaking out during the second quarter in SF can relax.
dt