For you Michael K.

DanielVogelbach

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:33 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:30 am
Maybe if they converted a few more first downs & controlled the clock just a little bit longer might have been a better outcome.
A play here, a play there. That's how they usually go when the teams are fairly even.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 am
What I know is....they scored 3 first half points and lost because they tried to force feed a run game. They scored 20 second half points because they put the ball in the hands of their best player. Somehow this confuses you...I have no idea how.
I'm not disputing that the run game got bottled up or that RW was sensational. I'm just saying it was probably going to come down to 4th quarter crunch time regardless of the first half. I'm also saying that I view Pete as major asset.
He could be the same asset in the front office, but he wouldn’t be the same liability.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:44 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 am
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:03 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 am
What I know is....they scored 3 first half points and lost because they tried to force feed a run game. They scored 20 second half points because they put the ball in the hands of their best player. Somehow this confuses you...I have no idea how.
I'm not disputing that the run game got bottled up or that RW was sensational. I'm just saying it was probably going to come down to 4th quarter crunch time regardless of the first half. I'm also saying that I view Pete as major asset.
He could be the same asset in the front office, but he wouldn’t be the same liability.
Let me rephrase. I see Pete on the sidelines with a headset chewing gum and running the show on gameday as a major asset.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Here's more ammo fro your Michael K. ..

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/re ... n-seahawks

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Here's more ammo fro your Michael K. ..

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/re ... n-seahawks
This is not unlike the opinion of many paid to cover the sport, that don’t make their salary kissing the organization’s ass. The guy does great things, but his idea of how to play offense unless they are getting blown out is grossly out dated. Yet he and half the lackies on local radio probably look at those first half stats and say it’s all good because we almost won. Just another loss set up by a shitty first half, but all is well because sometimes we actually win those games. It’s absolute bullshit. Nobody else in the league plays rope a dope.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 pm

btw a lot of people were furious that PC punted on 4th and 11. If I was just a PC hater it would be pretty easy to jump on that band wagon but I have no problem with that decision. You have to have confidence in you D with all three TOs and the two minute warning. RW would have had plenty of time even if we had got it back if Graham hadn't been give the 1st down.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 pm
btw a lot of people were furious that PC punted on 4th and 11. If I was just a PC hater it would be pretty easy to jump on that band wagon but I have no problem with that decision. You have to have confidence in you D with all three TOs and the two minute warning. RW would have had plenty of time even if we had got it back if Graham hadn't been give the 1st down.
I was fine with the punt too. Our weapon of a punter just decided that would be a good time to boot one into the end zone!

Punters make mistakes, wide receivers drop passes, it happens to every team. The problem is, our turtle in the shell offense every first half means we have ZERO room for mistakes in the second half. Physical mistakes happen, but they get incredibly magnified when the guys paid to come up with a plan design one that consistently digs a three score hole.

Pete thought we were going to show up in Green Bay with Russ handing off all first half and win. He deserves every ounce of criticism he gets...and even more because absolute dog shit first halves are not even close to abnormal.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm

I know, why wouldn't Dickson aim for the sideline at about the 5-10 yard line so if he gets a roll like that it goes out of bounds.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm
I know, why wouldn't Dickson aim for the sideline at about the 5-10 yard line so if he gets a roll like that it goes out of bounds.
Honestly, I think he just kicked it further than he hoped. Didn’t they say it went like 65 yards? It was towards the right corner also...he either got more leg than he meant or he didn’t hit the angle he wanted.

Like I said, that kind of shit happens...and if you aren’t in a three score hole at the half it might not have mattered.

I hear about Hollister and Turner’s drops too. And yeah, it pisses me off. But it also pisses me off how large of a roll those two seem to play in big downs. We used Hollister like he is Jimmy Graham, and when we had Jimmy Graham we used him like George Fant!

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Absolutely, and they DID get the Packers into 3rd-and-long twice. They just couldn't make that one more play. Matt LaFleur probably looked across the sideline at Carroll and said, "I think we should do what he would do. Ha ha, just kidding."