Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:59 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:40 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 pm
guess you are going to have to suffer though some more miserable seasons with him...sorry about that
:roll:

I guess you enjoy witnessing insanity in play with your (supposed) fave NFL team. Me, i don't enjoy that. Yeah, expectations are high and they haven't lived up to them lately for reasons that seem correctable. You are happy though with them scraping into the playoffs and then vomiting all over themselves because the head coach won't change an approach that doesn't work with the kind of team he has had lately (i.e. elite QB + WRs and mediocre to bad D). You are the sports fan equivalent of sheeple.
Because I enjoy being a Hawk fan?...Yeah, i have to admit it, I enjoy it..how about you, why are watching?...enjoy suffering?
Not sure why you would even care. I don't get this...why does it matter to any of you if someone is pissed off about a loss, and finds blame in it, and God Forbid comes on a fan forum to discuss it? If you don't believe the game plan was the problem than you think the execution sucked...either way, how does one opinion make you a great fan and the other make you a problem?

I HATE watching the first half of Seahawk games. My son is smarter than me and often doesn't watch the first half. I hate that I know going in I will hate watching it, and I hate that it will never change.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:05 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 pm
I keep reading here how its a given with RW that we would have a championship team, what happened to all the talk about how his contract was going to cripple us? I thought there was a number of teams that once they paid their QB they didn't make the playoffs, what happened to all that?
That sure seems to fit this topic, but I'll bite. Because that was pretty common. Look at who is left in the playoffs right now. A journeyman backup at Qb, two guys on rookie deals and a guy who spent a few years outside looking in and many blamed his contract. So...there's that. Can you promise us that if we had extra money we wouldn't have signed a difference maker?

There is no guarantee. And I think they did a good job with these contracts, as I stated...and as was also stated that JS did a good job of keeping the cap hit from crippling us. But, to pretend there is no merit to the low priced QB being an advantage is silly. You think there might be some questioning in LA right now?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 am

dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:17 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:05 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 pm
I keep reading here how its a given with RW that we would have a championship team, what happened to all the talk about how his contract was going to cripple us? I thought there was a number of teams that once they paid their QB they didn't make the playoffs, what happened to all that?
That sure seems to fit this topic, but I'll bite. Because that was pretty common. Look at who is left in the playoffs right now. A journeyman backup at Qb, two guys on rookie deals and a guy who spent a few years outside looking in and many blamed his contract. So...there's that. Can you promise us that if we had extra money we wouldn't have signed a difference maker?

There is no guarantee. And I think they did a good job with these contracts, as I stated...and as was also stated that JS did a good job of keeping the cap hit from crippling us. But, to pretend there is no merit to the low priced QB being an advantage is silly. You think there might be some questioning in LA right now?
Two guys on rookie deals? Only one QB on a rookie deal left in playoffs.

6 of the 10 highest paid QBs made the playoffs this season.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:19 am

that is the point, there is an advantage to rooike contracts, I give them both credit for what seems a pretty smooth transition to a less competitive situation, post RW extension. Just seems funny to me it turned from how the contract was going to cripple the team, to its a given them continuing to make the playoffs on an annual basis

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:21 am

Mahomes has not been extended yet. And Jackson either....but not sure why I thought Jackson was still in the playoffs! Somehow I forgot about the 49ers and had three AFC teams in the playoffs! My bad.

HawkBowler 2.0

Post by HawkBowler 2.0 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:52 am

Wow, good read and info. How come I'm just now learning about Hawkblogger? Excellent Seahawk geekiness.

It's been a hell of a run. The only difference between the Hawks and the Patriots is the competition they face year in and out. The difference between a wild card and a bye is usually only one or two games. Over Carroll's last 10 years, the 49ers built into a powerhouse, then the Cardinals, and then the Rams, now back to the 49ers.

The Hawks have stayed competitive, but without a down year to move up the draft board, they haven't been able to rebuild with blue chip talent. We not only pick at the bottom of the 1st round every year, if we don't trade that pick away, but we also pick near the bottom of every round. The Pats are in the same boat, so why have they seemingly done better at the draft... or at least securing higher draft picks? Have the Patriots put more talent on the field or did simply play lesser talent each year, giving them an extra win or two that the Hawks weren't able to obtain, thereby giving them division titles and first round byes every year.

Maybe the best move for the FO is to lobby the NFL to return to the AFC West. The NFC West is a non-stop meat grinder.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:40 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 pm
guess you are going to have to suffer though some more miserable seasons with him...sorry about that
:roll:

I guess you enjoy witnessing insanity in play with your (supposed) fave NFL team. Me, i don't enjoy that. Yeah, expectations are high and they haven't lived up to them lately for reasons that seem correctable. You are happy though with them scraping into the playoffs and then vomiting all over themselves because the head coach won't change an approach that doesn't work with the kind of team he has had lately (i.e. elite QB + WRs and mediocre to bad D). You are the sports fan equivalent of sheeple.
Because I enjoy being a Hawk fan?...Yeah, i have to admit it, I enjoy it..how about you, why are watching?...enjoy suffering?
I will say it's fine to be a fan and dislike the coach. It's like loving America, but disliking the President. I just think if you dislike the Pete show, then you're pretty much saying you will be pissed off most of the time watching football. Of course, we can sit here and argue about who should get the credit for the success. I can recall massive debates over whether RW should be given any credit for the Super Bowl victory. Some even felt they won the Super Bowl in spite of a mediocre QB. Now, we're winning in spite of a bad coach? Just my opinion, but I think the Seahawks have both a great QB and great HC.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 am

HawkBowler 2.0 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:52 am

It's been a hell of a run. The only difference between the Hawks and the Patriots is the competition they face year in and out. The difference between a wild card and a bye is usually only one or two games. Over Carroll's last 10 years, the 49ers built into a powerhouse, then the Cardinals, and then the Rams, now back to the 49ers.
I agree with you, but we lost to many bad Rams teams, still lose to bad Cards teams, and last year lost to a bad 49er team. Beat the bad teams in your division. If you don't beat the bad teams you can't bitch when other teams do and have a better record.
HawkBowler 2.0 wrote:
The Hawks have stayed competitive, but without a down year to move up the draft board, they haven't been able to rebuild with blue chip talent. We not only pick at the bottom of the 1st round every year, if we don't trade that pick away, but we also pick near the bottom of every round. The Pats are in the same boat, so why have they seemingly done better at the draft... or at least securing higher draft picks? Have the Patriots put more talent on the field or did simply play lesser talent each year, giving them an extra win or two that the Hawks weren't able to obtain, thereby giving them division titles and first round byes every year.
The Patriots beat the shit out of the Rams in the Super Bowl, a team that beat us not once but twice. That after beating the Chiefs and whooping the upstart Chargers. Sorry, getting their is one thing. Moving on is another. We act like playing on the road in the second round is impossible. Try playing the AFCCG at night against the Chiefs....in Arrowhead. I HATE the Pats...but it doesn't make what they have accomplished any less impressive. If you listen to some in here we are supposed to be thrilled with Wildcards and second round exits. If that is the case, how about more rings than fingers?
HawkBowler 2.0 wrote:
Maybe the best move for the FO is to lobby the NFL to return to the AFC West. The NFC West is a non-stop meat grinder.
Sorry, the Cards suck. We just couldn't beat them...doesn't mean they sucked any less. IMO? The Rams sucked this year too. Their offense was pretty average...and we made them look like the old Greatest Show on Turf. The Bills were far better than either of those teams. Because we constantly shit the bed against them doesn't make them any better. It just means they know exactly what we are going to do and they stop it. We know exactly what they are going to do and can't. It is very strange.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:06 am

HawkBowler 2.0 wrote:
Wow, good read and info. How come I'm just now learning about Hawkblogger? Excellent Seahawk geekiness.

I didn't look at that really closely, I am not sure you can just assume if they were to pass more that their efficiency at it would be the same. And he leaves out what i thought was the reason for favoring the run in the first place, which is controlling the ball, turnovers, not sure that is a complete analysis, and not one that is predicated on bias