For you Michael K.

Michael K.

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:42 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Here is what you guys are telling me I have to accept....I have to accep Pete for what he is. So, fine.

- We are a team that will lose three or four divisional games every year because Pete has done the same shit for 10 years now and the teams he plays often know that.
- Because of that we will never win another divisional title, and even if we do, the 3 or 4 seed is most likely.
- Since I have been told that it is virtually impossible to win a second round playoff game on the road, we must now accept that the best we will ever be is a team that plays WC weekend and maybe one more.

I wonder if PC and JS hadn't assembled one of the best defenses every and went on that two year run, if they would still be around? I would love to say yes, since they have Russ Wilson, but we all now know that Russ sucks in the playoffs and is only good for two quarters...so we would probably be just another 9 or 10 win playoff team every year with no rings.
No one has said this...
Well, if we have to accept Pete for who he is, we have lost three or more divisional games in what, each of the past four or five years? That will make it very hard to win the division, and Vogelbach is telling me that winning a second round road playoff game is basically impossible. You don't win your division, you don't get second round games at home. HELL, half the teams that win their division don't get second round playoff games at home.

So, yes, I broke that down to the ridiculous. BUT, am I wrong?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 pm

Well, if we have to accept Pete for who he is, we have lost three or more divisional games in what, each of the past four or five years? That will make it very hard to win the division, and Vogelbach is telling me that winning a second round road playoff game is basically impossible. You don't win your division, you don't get second round games at home. HELL, half the teams that win their division don't get second round playoff games at home.

So, yes, I broke that down to the ridiculous. BUT, am I wrong?
Yes you're wrong. Hawks had the toughest schedule and the most injuries . They still went to the divisional round . Further than they went last year in playoffs and fans are upset at the coaching.

Look at the additions they made this season with only 4 draft picks and limited cap space. They have 70 mil in cap space and 12 draft picks next season.

You should be optimistic for your teams chances at a Superbowl next year

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 am

and talk about winning the off season, if JS doen't know how to handle an off season, like to know who does.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:41 am

He turned 4 picks and Frank Clark into 11 picks, then used them to draft 10 players who had little to no impact on the season.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 am

I am upset with the coaching because every year we lose out it's the same story.

Lose HFA because we shit the bed to a shitty Card and/or Rams team. Then bitch because we had to play on the road.

Lose on the road in the playoffs the same exact way we lose pretty much every regular season game. Build a large deficit and watch a massive comeback fall short...and talk about how great we are because we almost won.

Same old shit, all the time.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:41 am
He turned 4 picks and Frank Clark into 11 picks, then used them to draft 10 players who had little to no impact on the season.
Clowney and DK Metcalf had little or no impact on the season? That's part of what they got in return for trading Clark.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm

they turned over their roster and developed $70 mil in CAP space without missing the playoffs, and now we are complaining about the FO, ok got it

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm
they turned over their roster and developed $70 mil in CAP space without missing the playoffs, and now we are complaining about the FO, ok got it
And made it to the divisional round of the playoffs ( A bad call away from winning NFC west)with more injuries to starters than Eagles and we're complaining about coaching.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm
And made it to the divisional round of the playoffs ( A bad call away from winning NFC west)with more injuries to starters than Eagles and we're complaining about coaching.
So, the bad call and not the delay of game is why we lost? Had we lost the second round game because Carroll couldn’t get the play in, could I complain then? How many years of the best QB in the Conference do we have to play playoff games with conservative horse shit first halves before it is OK to question Saint Pete. I guess it wasn’t the second and goal that cost us a ring, the delay of game that cost us the division, or any number of other clock management, stupid challenge or hormonal play calls. How long does his own ring make up for the others he cost us?

A dynasty, that was the talk after whooping Denver. Then, second and goal and a mind numbing number of other bumbles. But, the guys motivates his players, so let’s give him the keys to the city.

Lots of coaches have one ring....not sure any of them have been elevated to Sainthood like Pete. Nationally not so much, but that guy could shit in tin foil and some in here would buy the burrito. It’s ridiculous. We have guys wanting baseball managers fired because he bats a guy lead off, yet we can suck in every first half of every second round playoff game, and this guy just waives his ring around and we blame the players.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm

PC is the third highest paid coach in the NFL behind only BB and Gruden. He is not above criticism.

Its like if you met a guy 10 years ago and he became your best friend. Great guy that was always there for you and becomes the best friend you have ever had in your life. Then one night he gets drunk and backs out of your driveway like a mad man and kills your dog. Instead of realizing he has a problem he keeps drinking and driving for the next several years and gets DUI and gets in several wrecks. Your wife and others are telling you don't worry about it, you are you are never going to find a better friend than him. Are you just supposed to completely over look it because he is the best friend you have ever had.........other than the drinking and driving part????
dt