False Narrative

Captain 97

Re: False Narrative

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm
Seahawk fans watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Damn, I wish Russ didn't wait so long to play football."

Everyone else in the Country watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Why in the hell does Pete Carroll do this all the time?"

It really is freaking amazing. Anyone that watches Russ Wilson when we are getting our ass kicked and thinks he is simply waiting for the three score deficit to turn it on has either got to be a lunatic or a member of Pete Carroll's family trying to protect his idiotic fossilized philosophy on football!
No one is arguing that they didn't suck in the first half. The point is that the sucking had nothing to do with play calling or philosophy. It had to do with execution. Why does Russell perform better in the second half? I have no clue but its not because Pete Carroll is making him hand the ball off too much THAT SIMPLY DIDN'T HAPPEN. Russell took 3 sacks and completed only 50% of his passes in the first half. The Seahawks came back because Russell Wilson avoided pressure and was more accurate in the second half. The Philosophy and the way they called the game did not change one bit.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:40 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:53 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm
Seahawk fans watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Damn, I wish Russ didn't wait so long to play football."

Everyone else in the Country watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Why in the hell does Pete Carroll do this all the time?"

It really is freaking amazing. Anyone that watches Russ Wilson when we are getting our ass kicked and thinks he is simply waiting for the three score deficit to turn it on has either got to be a lunatic or a member of Pete Carroll's family trying to protect his idiotic fossilized philosophy on football!
Why would they wait? Especially if it isn't working? That makes no sense. The more reasonable explanation is that with lead the defense plays a softer coverage so what we are witnessing is garbage yards . Same thing happened Ravens game. Statistically Jackson had a great game but in reality he didn't.
I have no idea why they wait, but I have a hard time believing that this many times it is the QB that doesn't get going. I screamed at my TV often in the first half "why run a dive play there!?" My only annoyance with Russ is his absolute refusal to keep on the read option. No one even pays attention to him, but we still have to watch a gang tackle after no gain on just about every one of those fricking second and long plays.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:32 pm

The Seahawks fell behind the Bears in Pete's first road playoff game, big. Russ wasn't even on the team then. They have fallen behind in damn near every road playoff game since. Yet, we have people that think it is more likely that Russ is the exact same QB he was as a Rookie in Atlanta than it is that Pete has simply never adjusted or changed one damn thing. I mean, I guess I can see it, since he has done such a wonderful job of adjusting his other flaws, things like Clock Management mistakes, right?

Yep, the guy who is now the highest paid player in the NFL has just never taken the next step on the road in the playoffs and still can't get going in the first half. I am sure that is it.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm
The stats don't back it though. They sucked in the first half because Russel threw a lot of incompletions and got sacked 3 times not because of calling running plays.
I'm with Cap on this one. And, I thought handing off to Lynch 3 times in a row was a fine strategy. They may have had opportunities to do that stuff again later in the game with GBs defense worn down, but the deficit was always too big, so they needed to throw. They could've kept the game a lot closer with better red zone D or maybe a takeaway. The missed FG was pretty big, too. So many things you can look at other than creating a false narrative that we lost the game by Pete calling running plays. Like Cap says, just look at the pass plays. The receivers were all covered, RW was getting sacked. You just got 8 yards with Lynch, is it really that crazy to call a play for him to get 1? What about his TD runs? How about just giving some credit to GB for being all over it? How about just giving some credit to Aaron Rodgers for making all the clutch 3rd down passes? Nope, it has to be about Pete's strategy cost 'em the game.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:32 pm
The Seahawks fell behind the Bears in Pete's first road playoff game, big. Russ wasn't even on the team then. They have fallen behind in damn near every road playoff game since. Yet, we have people that think it is more likely that Russ is the exact same QB he was as a Rookie in Atlanta than it is that Pete has simply never adjusted or changed one damn thing. I mean, I guess I can see it, since he has done such a wonderful job of adjusting his other flaws, things like Clock Management mistakes, right?

Yep, the guy who is now the highest paid player in the NFL has just never taken the next step on the road in the playoffs and still can't get going in the first half. I am sure that is it.
I would say that Russ was electric in Atlanta and electric at Lambeau. He was a shining star. I certainly wouldn't make any comments regarding him being unable to win big games, because he's a proven winner. Same thing with Pete. These are just very difficult games to win for any QB or coach. As good as Pete and Russ are, they were expected to lose that game.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Yep, every team expected to lose should come out and go dormant on offense in the first half. Every team with an MVP candidate at QB and a shitty defense should play a style that in just about every road game you have coached has dug you a huge hole. But by God, it can't be Saint Pete's fault. Russ sucked, the defense that sucked all year sucked again, our fifth string WR who has been out three weeks dropped a pass, the Punter sucked, the kicker sucked. But damn, Pete was on top of it. Just another litany of excuses for why his teams sucked the first half of a game were they go home if they lose. Nothing to see here. Hell, we should give him a raise...and anyone that dares question him is obviously insane.

Same style of play we have played under every DC and OC he has ever employed, but let's fire them again and see if anything changes. Bevell sucked, I won't ever change my stance there....but I am starting to agree a lot with Gorgon's take that it won't matter who the Coordinator is, Pete's wrinkly old finger prints are all over everything. The idiotic fake FG a couple of years ago against Atlanta? He flat out admitted that was him and not the ST coach. Shit, I bet he is the one that decided Lockette was the guy who needed to be the Hero in the Super Bowl He is the dumb ass that told me that Chris Mathews wasn't on the field because he didn't know the two minute offense, even thought he scored a TD with like a minute left in the first half after being on the field the entire time in....wait for it...the two minute offense.

Fuck it, I am out. You guys are right. This team just isn't good enough to ever win a second round playoff game. Hell, if it wasn't for Pete Carroll we would never even make the playoffs...I mean look? His fuck up QB can only play two quarters!

The only common denominator is the Head Coach. We went from Veteran Matt Hasselbeck and Jeremy Bates, to Rookie Russ Wilson and Daryle Bevell to Veteran Russ Wilson and Schotty. All the same bullshit....but it can't possibly be the one guy that has been there all along right? Take out the two years of one of the best defenses to ever play and this is just another team that loses the first or second Sunday every January.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm

I'll take false narrative straw-man supreme for $500 Alex.

Seriously Michael, you sound like a whiny b!tch. If this is what NFL football does to you, then maybe give next season a break. That way you won't have to deal with how much Pete infuriates you!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm
I'll take false narrative straw-man supreme for $500 Alex.

Seriously Michael, you sound like a whiny b!tch. If this is what NFL football does to you, then maybe give next season a break. That way you won't have to deal with how much Pete infuriates you!
No, it is what sunshine out the ass excuse makers like you do to me. Sorry, no one but a few Pete disciples watched Sundays game and came away with the idea that our fossil of a head coach did anything right until it the game was virtually over.

Then I get to read how the only reason we were even in ANY game we played this year, Russ Wilson...was at fault for the shitty performance we witnessed and that our eyes lied, it was actually Russ sucking and not a conservative approach. Then I was told that even though we have sucked with every OC and QB Pete has taken to a road playoff game, that it is actually impossible to win on the road. So, by that logic, we better figure out how to win the division, which based on our track record of losing to shitty Cardinal and bad Rams teams is not a very good one, we better just accept this as fact. BUT, couldn't possible be Saint Pete's fault. Blame the Punter, the Kicker, the fourth string WR....and, I am not making this up, THE BEST FUCKING QB IN THE NFC!

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 pm

I am curious what you think he did different in the second half? I have already shown you drive by drive that they primarily threw the ball in the first half and that they actually had more running plays in the second half. There was no "coaching style" difference. If you think there was a change please elaborate with something other than your blatantly false claim of repetitive "dive plays"

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:30 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:28 pm
I am curious what you think he did different in the second half? I have already shown you drive by drive that they primarily threw the ball in the first half and that they actually had more running plays in the second half. There was no "coaching style" difference. If you think there was a change please elaborate with something other than your blatantly false claim of repetitive "dive plays"
You read off a few plays. Did you watch the game?

Every playoff game on the road, just about everyone one under Carroll is the same. Different Coordinators, different lineman, different RBs, WRs and TEs. Matt H in one playoff game and we have all watched the evolution of Russ Wilson. But, in your opinion, it is more likely that each and every time it was one of these multitude of different people that are at fault, and not the one man that is the constant? Can help ya dude....you are wrong.