False Narrative

Michael K.

Re: False Narrative

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 pm

I agree with that, but find it hard to understand how anyone with half a brain would have spent all week coming up with the plans we have in the first halves...and then lose the game and tell me "it doesn't matter how you start". Sure does, because you won the second half and lost the game, AGAIN.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm

About 10 minutes before the start of games they should tell the offense, "Hey, remember the adjustments we made at half time last week? Let's keep those for the first half today". :idea:
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 pm
I agree with that, but find it hard to understand how anyone with half a brain would have spent all week coming up with the plans we have in the first halves...and then lose the game and tell me "it doesn't matter how you start". Sure does, because you won the second half and lost the game, AGAIN.
Isn't it possible the narrative he's trying to drive home to young, malleable minds, is that no matter what, you are never out of it? A way to emphasize competing for four quarters? Even if it seems impossible, it's not? He certainly can't backtrack on it to appease the fans or critics, because, to a degree, he's right. Even down 31-0 to Carolina, Seattle nearly did the impossible - instead of folding, like most teams would do. People that think they can, will try. Those that don't think they can... won't try. Seahawks teams always try. They may stumble out of the gate and irritate us beyond belief, but that message is an important one - and we have literally seen the proof - like the GB miracle game. I think it's an important message, not just for football, but in life.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 pm

He is right in that you should never quit and never believe all is lost. But he is a nut bag to act like the start doesn't matter.

The guy that preaches about it not mattering how you start a game is the HC of one of the worst teams in football in starting games. Wierd. The Twitter that Pro posted is crazy. We trailed more than any other team in the NFL? Huh, maybe preach start fast AND finish strong.

The 49er bleeds out many teams this year. Suckers...look where they are now. Oh, wait.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm
About 10 minutes before the start of games they should tell the offense, "Hey, remember the adjustments we made at half time last week? Let's keep those for the first half today". :idea:
Yeah, the problem with this 'philosophy' is you have a different game plan for each game - because every team is different, with different schemes and personnel. Do you now know this or are you just posting out of boredom? These kinds of posts don't make you look enlightened, only clueless.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Brock agrees with the fact that RW plays far more conservatively in the first half. It is now ingrained so deeply after 8 season with PC to avoid turnovers early that he has an internal regulator that doesn't allow him to take any chances prior to halftime.

Evan who is a Hawk blogger with 11k followers thinks PC needs to go.

https://twitter.com/EvaninSEA/status/12 ... 0521742338
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Yeah, the problem with this 'philosophy' is you have a different game plan for each game - because every team is different, with different schemes and personnel. Do you now know this or are you just posting out of boredom? These kinds of posts don't make you look enlightened, only clueless.
Are you just pretending not to know what I am talking about or just trying to be a dick?
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:54 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 pm
D-train wrote:
Are you just pretending not to know what I am talking about or just trying to be a dick?
I have no idea what you mean - that post made no logical sense to me - unless you were joking. Game plans vary from game to game, so implementing the adjustments would make no sense because the game plan isn't the same because the opponent isn't the same and their strengths and weaknesses aren't the same, so the way you would attack/defend ins't the same, so those adjustments would not be applicable. If I am missing something, please clarify your position. How exactly would the second half adjustments to a game vs Baltimore make sense the following week vs the 9ers? They're two completely different teams. I don't follow your logic. The dick part goes without saying. :P

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 am

I think he was using "adjustments" as code for opening up the passing game and letting RW call his own shit.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 am
I think he was using "adjustments" as code for opening up the passing game and letting RW call his own shit.
Or let him do anything besides sit in the huddle all damn day and snap every time as the play clock runs out with absolutely no time to call his own crap because he has like 8 seconds to read the defense.

Every early shit show there is no sense of urgency. I mean, why should we care? It isn't how you start as long as you finish strong and almost win.