Urban Meyer

Donn Beach

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 am

ThePro wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:10 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:25 pm
sure why not, except its not gonna to happen...But for arguments sake, lets say they fire PC. I still don't see it as very likely. Meyer would be another PC, or maybe more so. He apparently wants control over personnel decisions. Assuming JS is hiring the next HC, doubt he hires one that would want control of personal. JS was hired after PC, i think it would have to be the same sort of situation with Meyer. A team would fire both the GM and coach and bring in Meyer, a house cleaning situation. So unless we are firing both PC and JS, which i find more doubtful than just firing PC, don't really see it
For debates sake ...let me rebut.. Seahawks have new ownership now. So to say it can't happen isn't accurate. Jodi Allen can do whatever the hell she wants. And if she doesn't like the direction of the team. She can make a change. So it could happen. Maybe JS wants a coaching change? All I'm saying is . Could Urban Meyer be a replacement for Carroll? If "yes" When is the appropriate time to make the change? Who knows?
where did i say it can't happen?...in my mind, even if they had a job opening, JS isn't going to hire Meyer, you asked for an opinion, that is my opinion

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
sure why not, except its not gonna to happen...But for arguments sake, lets say they fire PC. I still don't see it as very likely. Meyer would be another PC, or maybe more so. He apparently wants control over personnel decisions. Assuming JS is hiring the next HC, doubt he hires one that would want control of personal. JS was hired after PC, i think it would have to be the same sort of situation with Meyer. A team would fire both the GM and coach and bring in Meyer, a house cleaning situation. So unless we are firing both PC and JS, which i find more doubtful than just firing PC, don't really see it
He's 68. He doesn't have to be fired to no longer be the HC. Not happening this offseason and probably not next but he could step down in 2 years. Meyer would be a good choice.
eventually they will have an opening, does not change my opinion, i do not see JS hiring Urban Meyer. Jones could have hired him and he didn't. I don't think Jones wanted to cede control over personal. I don't think JS would either

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:52 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
He's 68. He doesn't have to be fired to no longer be the HC. Not happening this offseason and probably not next but he could step down in 2 years. Meyer would be a good choice.
eventually they will have an opening, and he could be fired tomorrow, who knows... i do not see JS hiring Urban Meyer. Jones could have hired him and he didn't. I don't think Jones wanted to cede control over personal. I don't think JS would either

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:57 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 am
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:
eventually they will have an opening, does not change my opinion, i do not see JS hiring Urban Meyer. Jones could have hired him and he didn't. I don't think Jones wanted to cede control over personal. I don't think JS would either
Urban Meyer would never go to a shit show like Dallas. It's not up to Scheider to hire or fire the next coach . Schneider might not have any input over the next coaching hire . He could end up being a casualty too.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:59 am

and that is what I said, if you fire them both i could see it...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:05 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:59 am
and that is what I said, if you fire them both i could see it...
So PC and JS share personnel decisions for a decade building one of the most productive, amiable and successful NFL relationships of the past decade but JS wouldn't want to have a similar situation with the next HC? Bizarre theory.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 am

JS was hired after PC, it was PC that picked JS. He was a rookie then, now he is one of the most respected GMs in the game. I think when the time comes to hire PCs successor I think he picks a guy he thinks he can mold into the system he and PC built. It may sound bizarre but i do not see Meyer as a good fit in that sense. I see Meyer going into a situation the way PC did here, setting it up the way he wants it from the ground up

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:06 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 am
JS was hired after PC, it was PC that picked JS. He was a rookie then, now he is one of the most respected GMs in the game. I think when the time comes to hire PCs successor I think he picks a guy he thinks he can mold into the system he and PC built. It may sound bizarre but i do not see Meyer as a good fit in that sense. I see Meyer going into a situation the way PC did here, setting it up the way he wants it from the ground up
If you are going to make a change . It should be that way.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:24 am

sure, depending on the change you are making. Allen bought the team and decided to blow things up. He negotiated with PC to help him do it, this wouldn't be the same sort of situation unless a lot of things change. Its not just JS, its Meyer too, he is carefully picking the situation he wants to get into, like PC did. With the sort of success the Hawks have had lately, doubt ownership is interested in blowing it up. How about this, Jody sells the team to Bezos, PC retires, JS gets picked off by another club because bezos wants to create a club in his image, he hires Meyer to do it...

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:24 am
sure, depending on the change you are making. Allen bought the team and decided to blow things up. He negotiated with PC to help him do it, this wouldn't be the same sort of situation unless a lot of things change. Its not just JS, its Meyer too, he is carefully picking the situation he wants to get into, like PC did. With the sort of success the Hawks have had lately, doubt ownership is interested in blowing it up. How about this, Jody sells the team to Bezos, PC retires, JS gets picked off by another club because bezos wants to create a club in his image, he hires Meyer to do it...
Doesn't take a ownership change to make a coaching change. What about this Michael K is Jody Allen's burner account and we just put the Meyer ideal in her head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: