Urban Meyer

ThePro

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by ThePro » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:04 pm
Paul didn't know much about football either but he had experience running large organizations and the savvy to surround himself with smart people who weren't afraid to tell him what they thought. That's how you succeed in business. He had football people advising him no doubt, and probably fairly good instincts in assessing things not related to the specifics of the game itself. Does Jody have those same advisors and business sense?
She doesn't need either to want to change the product on Sunday.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:31 pm

ohhh...I just pointed out she runs Vulcan enterprises, she was the one that was running Paul's businesses, she knows what she is doing...and I doubt she has an interest in changing the product on Sunday because I think she is in fact listening to her advisers and i will wager none of them are telling her to fire anybody

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 pm

wonder who might be advising her...Ryan Grigson is listed as the senior football consultant...Bert Kolde is kind of an interesting, he was Paul's college roommate, and i guess has always been a close adviser, though he is linked more to the trailblazers than the Hawks

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:58 pm

You said she has been the chairman of Vulcan Enterprises. It's one thing to build an entity like that and another to take the reigns when all the pieces are already in place. How long has she actually been running things? Anyway, i never even suggested she isn't a bright person and she may be a great businessman for all i know. I doubt she is on her brother's level (for lack of experience if for no other reason) though or has had nearly as big a hand in making decisions with regard to football operations. That's why i ask, does she consult the same people that advised Paul.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm

she co-founded Vulcan enterprises with her brother

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm

You're right, i should have read her bio earlier. I had no idea she was that involved, especially since no-one seemed to bring that up when Paul passed away. Instead, all i heard was speculation and fretting over how much interest in owning the team she might have and her competence to run it.
I feel better now and, to answer my own question, she almost certainly works with the same advisors.