Rashaad Penny

Donn Beach

Re: Rashaad Penny

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:14 pm

i have thought it a bigger crime coming in second to BYU in '84

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Game 7 Western Conference finals Sonics vs Suns. Phoenix gets 70 free-throw attempts.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 pm
Game 7 Western Conference finals Sonics vs Suns. Phoenix gets 70 free-throw attempts.
Losing to Denver after being up 2. 8 vs. 1 seed.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 pm
Losing to Denver after being up 2. 8 vs. 1 seed.
Both of those ... ugh

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

There are too many to count. Pictures of Charles Barkley at the Free Throw line and Dikembe Mutumbo holding the ball over his head still make me want to scream!

Only adding Joey Creek and Al Martin and the trade deadline screwing the Mariners in the Playoffs, not to mention Derek Jeter's wimpy ass 302 foot HR down the RF line!

The calls in Super Bowl XL, compounded by the goal line call a decade later!

But, I have always been a bigger Husky fan than anything. Losing to Louisville as a #1 seed years ago was brutal! We were holding our own and a BS Offensive Foul call on Nate Robinson ruined it. A year later we were handling UCONN and a ridiculous double T sent B Roy to the bench. And don't even get me started on BYWho and the U!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm
There are too many to count. Pictures of Charles Barkley at the Free Throw line and Dikembe Mutumbo holding the ball over his head still make me want to scream!

Only adding Joey Creek and Al Martin and the trade deadline screwing the Mariners in the Playoffs, not to mention Derek Jeter's wimpy ass 302 foot HR down the RF line!

The calls in Super Bowl XL, compounded by the goal line call a decade later!

But, I have always been a bigger Husky fan than anything. Losing to Louisville as a #1 seed years ago was brutal! We were holding our own and a BS Offensive Foul call on Nate Robinson ruined it. A year later we were handling UCONN and a ridiculous double T sent B Roy to the bench. And don't even get me started on BYWho and the U!
Lest we forget the Mike Jensen debacle........

https://seattlesportsnet.com/2010/01/22 ... ke-jensen/
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Yeah, that was a really bad foul. One year later we had a Guard foul a Stanford three point shooter at the buzzer....UP FOUR! Lost in OT. Romar teams were anything but smart. I always like Jensen.

I will never get over RIP Hamilton's last second shot. We had two 7 footers on the flour, and neither of them even so much as left there feet while UCONN took what, four or five shots at the end of the game? Get a rebound for crying out loud!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm
Yeah, that was a really bad foul. One year later we had a Guard foul a Stanford three point shooter at the buzzer....UP FOUR! Lost in OT. Romar teams were anything but smart. I always like Jensen.

I will never get over RIP Hamilton's last second shot. We had two 7 footers on the flour, and neither of them even so much as left there feet while UCONN took what, four or five shots at the end of the game? Get a rebound for crying out loud!
1998 I remember it well........... :(
dt

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 pm

trharder wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:02 pm
I have a very good feeling about Penny if he stays fairly healthy. There almost seems to be two Rashaad Pennys. The statistical fantasy player football card that you see talked about in the media and on Seahawks forums, and the real Rashaad Penny. For me, the real Penny is evidenced when the guy is actually interviewed. The video Pro linked is the second time I've hear Penny put through the cliche questions of media and allowed to try to come away with his dignity. The first time I heard him was on 710 radio with Danny Dave and Moore.

Penny is consistently saying the same things. The main thing I'm hearing is he's humble. He's talking with and taking advise from veteran players who are a good role model. He talks about his game from the perspective that he hasn't "arrived" yet. The other thing is his weight. Penny consistently is saying he has to stay lighter to "feel good", which I take to mean be maximum effective as a RB. When media and fans talked about the weight last year it was often an argument on whether the weight was a thing or not. Penny himself says it's a thing, and he's consciously working to get light to be maximum effective.

I don't know if Penny can replace Carson as the #1 RB if Carson is healthy. Only because Carson is a full grown man and a helluva RB. But having a healthy Carson and Penny, coupled with an offense that prefers to run, could be the next National-cliche-media knee-jerk story line for the Seahawks in 2019.

I'm not sure how I feel about Marshall Faulk having the Seahawks play book.

me to