Rashaad Penny

ThePro

Rashaad Penny

Post by ThePro » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm

https://www.seahawks.com/video/rashaad ... conference

Seems like he really had some maturity issues last year. Been working out 2X a week with his mentor.. Marshall Faulk. Yikes..
Last edited by ThePro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

maoling

Re: Rashaad Penny

Post by maoling » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:35 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm
penny-2019-otas-press-conference

Seems like he really had some maturity issues last year. Been working out 2X a week with his mentor.. Marshall Faulk. Yikes..
I clicked on the link and it said: The requested page could not be found.

Was this fake news? :lol:

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:33 am

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:37 am

i couldn't get that to work either...here is a item from Henderson from awhile ago on Penny, seems pretty even handed, he brings up the maturity issues...
Comments from Pete Carroll around midseason suggested Penny wasn't applying himself the way he needed to. That was the impression Carroll left when he said Seattle's coaches had been pushing Penny and "challenging him to get right." Carroll seemed more pleased with how Penny, who turned 23 on Sunday, handled the adjustment to the NFL as the season went on.

"He did really well," Carroll said at his final news conference of the season. "He's been growing throughout the process. It was a jump for him, like it is for the guys. It's a jump to be in the limelight, particularly when you're a No. 1 pick and everyone puts the pressure and expectations on you. There's a lot going on. You've just got to go through it. He's a young kid.

"[Rookie defensive end] Rasheem Green is 21. I don't know how old Rashaad is right now, but he's a young kid too. There's just so much ahead of these guys. Every day was a learning experience for him and to see what it's like. They're not playing behind old guys that have been here for six or eight years or 10 years that can tell them the ropes and all that. They're learning with new guys. Chris just had his first full season playing. These guys are all learning together and they're growing well together."
https://www.espn.co.uk/blog/seattle-sea ... kie-season

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 am

Try the link now. Here's another article

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/654386/se ... itionist/

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Not sure if the team is just being cautions with Carson, but the fact that he is already sidelined with an injury doesn't seem good to me. He was injured almost the entirety of his rookie season, missed two games plus a few quarters of other games with an injury, and is now to banged up to practice before we even have been practicing?

Penny needs to be worthy of his first round selection....I am losing faith in Chris Carson.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:33 pm
Not sure if the team is just being cautions with Carson, but the fact that he is already sidelined with an injury doesn't seem good to me. He was injured almost the entirety of his rookie season, missed two games plus a few quarters of other games with an injury, and is now to banged up to practice before we even have been practicing?

Penny needs to be worthy of his first round selection....I am losing faith in Chris Carson.
Its still three months before the season starts. I am cool if he plays 14 of 16 games and runs for 1151 yards like he did last season.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:

He's not injured. Carson is recovering from knee surgery.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:50 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Its still three months before the season starts. I am cool if he plays 14 of 16 games and runs for 1151 yards like he did last season.
I would be too....and like the Pro said, this is more recovery. I completely forgot about the knee surgery. Anymore those aren't that big of a deal.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I think Penny beats him out this year regardless.