What's the deal Hawks?

ThePro

What's the deal Hawks?

Post by ThePro » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 pm

This article says it all. Exactly like I feel. They could've not signed one of the shitty linemen and that would be the difference for Clowney right there. Or cut Thompson and Dickson.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

D-train

Re: What's the deal Hawks?

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 pm
This article says it all. Exactly like I feel. They could've not signed one of the shitty linemen and that would be the difference for Clowney right there. Or cut Thompson and Dickson.

Really hoping that your prediction will come true if the F this up.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 am

Being active in week one of free agency doesn’t have to be reckless. Have the Ravens been reckless in acquiring Calais Campbell and Michael Brockers? Or the Bills in trading for Stefon Diggs? Or the Cardinals stealing DeAndre Hopkins? Or the Eagles in signing Hargrave and trading for Slay?
This! Funny how I keep hearing how we are the best in the bizz because we wait and don't over pay.

We have won one single playoff game in the past three years. In four straight years we have either missed the playoffs or played in the WC round. The last time we won the division was the year we shit the bed in the Super Bowl five seasons ago. Maybe the old stand by isn't the way to go anymore? Could it be worse? Of course it could, but is it because we do the same thing each and every year that we have this kind of success, or is it that we are utilizing a Franchise QB in his prime...and I use utilize very mildly here!

Keep laughing about over reactions and over paying by the competition while we lose the division and the Cards add Hopkins and the 49ers add a first round pick by trading off one of their five stud pass rushers! That is five more than we have. All three teams in our division has an NFC West crown more recently than us, all three of them have a trip to the NFCCG more recently than us, and two of them made trips to the Super Bowl. But yeah, our way is the only way. :roll:

Wash, rinse and repeat. Add milktoast FA O Lineman that no one else wants and count on D Lineman that don't fit and no one knows why we drafted. Clowney was the only decent D Lineman we had, thank God we signed Reed first. In a contract year Jarron Reed was dogshit...AFTER he came off suspension. Good thing we took care of him before the guy that played through the flu and an effing sports hernia!

Pete and John need to save "their way" of doing things for when Russ is no longer in his prime. For now? How about giving him the effing stars he asked for!?

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:12 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 pm
ThePro wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Really hoping that your prediction will come true if the F this up.
what makes you think those cuts arent still going to happen? one thing i've learned is this FO doesnt care about others' opinions, including the fan base, and arent ever hurried or desperate. they're willing to check/call their holdings all the way to the river when the fan base wants to take down the pot on the flop (or pre-), and for sure they're not showing their hand on any street along the way. makes for fan anxiety, but that doesnt even register a blip on their radar. Cuts not made yet because they're not needed yet - doesnt mean they wont happen once the right price can be had for a compliment to Clowney, whom i am now very confident will be re-signed.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:50 am

I hope the signing of those three offensive linemen doesn't mean they aren't planning to draft one in the early rounds. I guess with their history of blunders in drafting them they are probably looking to avoid it at all costs. :roll:

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am

Even though players have been snapped up elsewhere — three still remain:

Jadeveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Add two of the three and things will look a lot brighter. They’re also somewhat likely to spend another high pick on a pass rusher (one of the top-three seems realistic).

Things would then start to take shape.

That is pretty much what I have been calling for. I like Griffen and Clowney but I would have taken Flowers, Quin, JPP, etc.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 am

seems to me PCJS are the ones that tend to make the big off season move each year, didn't realize they had a reputation for being shy. JS says he wants to be in on every deal that comes along, I believe him

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 am

Hanjag wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 am
Even though players have been snapped up elsewhere — three still remain:

Jadeveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Everson Griffen
Add two of the three and things will look a lot brighter. They’re also somewhat likely to spend another high pick on a pass rusher (one of the top-three seems realistic).

Things would then start to take shape.

That is pretty much what I have been calling for. I like Griffen and Clowney but I would have taken Flowers, Quin, JPP, etc.
I pushed for Clowney and Griffen. Griffen is in his 30s but put up a 77.6 PFF and 9 sacks.
Clowney had an 87.3 PFF only 3 sacks but had as many as 9.5 when playing opposite JJ Watt.
Irvin had just a 62.9 PFF but 8 sacks.

Clowney had just 3 sacks because there was no other pass rusher. Put him in the lineup with other threats Griffen and Bruce and you will see an uptick in sack production.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 am

Hanjag wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 am

I pushed for Clowney and Griffen. Griffen is in his 30s but put up a 77.6 PFF and 9 sacks.
Clowney had an 87.3 PFF only 3 sacks but had as many as 9.5 when playing opposite JJ Watt.

Clowney had just 3 sacks because there was no other pass rusher. Put him in the lineup with other threats Griffen and Bruce and you will see an uptick in sack production.
Is PFF the Hawks GM now? I suppose if they have to settle for Griffen that's better than what they have now. Griffen can't live up at a 9 tech like Clemons used to or Judon/Ngakoue can. Ansah 2.0. Hawks need a speed rusher.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am

ThePro wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 am
Hanjag wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 am

Is PFF the Hawks GM now? I suppose if they have to settle for Griffen that's better than what they have now. Griffen can't live up at a 9 tech like Clemons used to or Judon/Ngakoue can. Ansah 2.0. Hawks need a speed rusher.
I think you tend to overemphasize "positions" and scheme roles. I hear you but Everson had a 4.6 40 at 6'3" 273#. Irvin had a 4.5 250#, Clowney 4.52 266#. I could see Everson playing a lot like the way they used M Bennett. Bennett only had a 5.13 40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5lGROOjPY

That dude doesn't look like a liability opposit Clowney.