Mind boggling injuries

D-train

Mind boggling injuries

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Ok I totally get guys coming off surgery and rehabbing and not being able to practice:

Dissly
Reed
Ansah
Burr Kirven

but what the hell is half of our draft picks being unable to practice despite not playing football for at least 5 months?!?!?!? I get that Indy Cars are more likely to break down than Honda Civics but this is ridiculous. I mean these guys are 22 yo world class athletes for God's sake. There were 18 guys out with injuries despite no contact whatsoever. wtf?

Jennings
Blair
Homer
Darboh
Ipati

Amazingly the king of the glass figurines Procisse is actually healthy...........for now.
dt

Michael K.

Re: Mind boggling injuries

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Ipati rolled an ankle....no clue on the others.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm
Mainly hamstrings. I just don't get how these guys can't just run around a bit for an hour or so without pulling, tweeking or spraining something.

I have never sprained an ankle in my life despite playing sports my whole life . Don't you take your weight off it when you feel it start to roll??? Mabye I have super human reflexes or something. :ugeek:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Obviously the injuries seem minor but this is what is annoying about it:
Blair’s injury has been particularly untimely as the safety position is among the most unsettled on the team and the Seahawks have held open the idea that Blair could compete for the starting strong-safety spot (Bradley McDougald will play the other safety spot).

“It’s unfortunate, too, for the young guys; these practices are so important to them,’’ Carroll said. “We miss the opportunity to learn them and they miss the chance to pick up on stuff and get reps and all that. So it was unfortunate. The little bit that he’s had, he’s looked very good and we’re disappointed we can’t get him back out.’’

McDougald and Lano Hill are also still out, so Seattle’s typical starting-safety tandem of late has been Tedric Thompson and Shalom Luani.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

I sprained my ankle several times. Twice in football, once the guy didn't let go of it as he was tackling me, twisting it around. The other was when one of my own lineman got destroyed and rolled into me!

The other few times were all in basketball, and always because I would come down on someone else's foot.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm
I sprained my ankle several times. Twice in football, once the guy didn't let go of it as he was tackling me, twisting it around. The other was when one of my own lineman got destroyed and rolled into me!

The other few times were all in basketball, and always because I would come down on someone else's foot.
That's why I try to hang out near the three point line. Much safer. In the thousands of games of basketball I have played I think I have had more rebounds than shot attempts once and it was probably 2-1. lol
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

That's why I try to hang out near the three point line. Much safer. In the thousands of games of basketball I have played I think I have had more rebounds than shot attempts once and it was probably 2-1. lol
i never rolled an ankle till college intramurals - landed on opponents foot on a layup. then with playoff berth on the line i pushed it coming back 10 days later. a teammate's bad early shot led to quick outlet pass while an opponent was cherry picking at the other end. the outlet passer turned to rifle it downcourt but then tried to hold up when he saw me streaking back full speed. the crazy result was an errant pass well short of the target, directly ahead of me, and i landed on it at full extension with the bad foot - couldn't reproduce that result in a thousand tries on Sports Science. not that i ever want to. :shock:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Two of our three 3rd down backs with hammy injuries. wtf?
Seattle has three candidates this year — C.J. Prosise, J.D. McKissic and Travis Homer — and might not have room for all three on the roster. Homer flashed early but then was out with a hamstring issue. The oft-injured Prosise was largely healthy this offseason before sitting out some on the final day with a sore hamstring (which appeared to be cautionary and nothing that should slow him down once camp starts), while McKissic was steady throughout. That McKissic can help out as a kickoff and punt returner helps his cause greatly while Prosise is entering the final year of his rookie contract so the team no longer has any reason to exercise patience with him if he runs into injuries again. And the Seahawks have raved about the overall contributions Homer could make on special teams.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:03 am

I think you guys are relating your own personal experience to a professional athlete. It is training camp. You say your hurt and you don't have to practice. ..That simple.

Procise is a probably out for season though.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm
Mainly hamstrings. I just don't get how these guys can't just run around a bit for an hour or so without pulling, tweeking or spraining something.

I have never sprained an ankle in my life despite playing sports my whole life . Don't you take your weight off it when you feel it start to roll??? Mabye I have super human reflexes or something. :ugeek:
Obviously you had no hops in hoops or you would have come down on someone's foot and your ankle wouldn't have had a vote. :lol: I think I had half a dozen sprains and one break. Well, once I tripped over a bottle of crown but I think that was with you. :mrgreen: