Wilson 6th highest paid athlete worldwide

D-train

Re: Wilson 6th highest paid athlete worldwide

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Yeah I guess so makes sense in terms of the across different sports aspect kind of like using War to compare pitchers and hitters.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:46 pm

yea, it needs to be viewed in that context which they do not make clear at all, I do find it misleading

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Speaking of nonsensical. I would love for him to write down the hundreds of similarities...lol
One of Wilson's former teammates is now Murray's teammate with the Cardinals, and he sees plenty of overlap between the two players. Guard J.R. Sweezy has come away impressed with Murray during the team's offseason program.

"I see hundreds of similarities," Sweezy said, per ESPN.com. "I always say, we got to see this guy really play. I think he's going to be just fine. But just to even be compared to Russell Wilson is a huge compliment. He's going to back it up. I just love that he's getting compared to him already and everything. He's going to be great."
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Speaking of nonsensical. I would love for him to write down the hundreds of similarities...lol
One of Wilson's former teammates is now Murray's teammate with the Cardinals, and he sees plenty of overlap between the two players. Guard J.R. Sweezy has come away impressed with Murray during the team's offseason program.

"I see hundreds of similarities," Sweezy said, per ESPN.com. "I always say, we got to see this guy really play. I think he's going to be just fine. But just to even be compared to Russell Wilson is a huge compliment. He's going to back it up. I just love that he's getting compared to him already and everything. He's going to be great."
I think its hilarious that the Cardinals used the #1 overall pick in the draft with the hope he will become Russell Wilson. Maybe they can have him go "Go Cards!!" after every interview. How about he learns a bunch of sports cliches? "All football fields are same length" or " The distance is made by persistence " He could marry Taylor Swift BWAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 am
a signing bonus is an incentive to sign a contract, he earned it by signing the contract didn't he, he did that at the beginning of the contract.
Isn't that all just semantics really? The portion of the overall deal that they couched as a signing bonus is really just for the purpose of manipulating how his payments are interpreted within cap guidelines. It would be ridiculous otherwise to incentivize someone with a payout that was equal to the rest of the contract. You would just offer a higher yearly salary.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:20 am

Jack Merridew wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 am
a signing bonus is an incentive to sign a contract, he earned it by signing the contract didn't he, he did that at the beginning of the contract.
Isn't that all just semantics really? The portion of the overall deal that they couched as a signing bonus is really just for the purpose of manipulating how his payments are interpreted within cap guidelines. It would be ridiculous otherwise to incentivize someone with a payout that was equal to the rest of the contract. You would just offer a higher yearly salary.
its guaranteed money, its his when he signs the contract, unless the entire contract is guaranteed it wouldn't work to make the annual salary higher

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Its not easy being young rich and famous.........

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/06/jets-le ... m-him.html
dt