Dunbar's in the pokey

D-train

Dunbar's in the pokey

Post by D-train » Sat May 16, 2020 7:48 pm

dt

Michael K.

Re: Dunbar's in the pokey

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 16, 2020 7:52 pm

If his statement is true? Wow....I wonder if Dunbar will sue? If true.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:52 pm
I can't see a millionaire suing a bunch of punks. Probably a blood from a turnip scenario.....If you meant the police, its sounds like the witnesses lied so I don't see them as liable for anything.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:25 pm
Michael K. wrote:
I can't see a millionaire suing a bunch of punks. Probably a blood from a turnip scenario.....If you meant the police, its sounds like the witnesses lied so I don't see them as liable for anything.
If he sued the city and the police it wouldn’t even be the most frivolous lawsuit that day. Personally? I’m a vindictive SOB. I’d sue everyone that walked by that house that day, the city, the cops and the damn reporters that broke the story. By the time I got done sueing everyone I’d never have to work another day! :D

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 1:46 am

talk about wishing you hadn't gone to a party, I have had those moments plenty of times, but man. Whatever this is, I really doubt it was a planned holdup

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 17, 2020 1:59 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:46 am
talk about wishing you hadn't gone to a party, I have had those moments plenty of times, but man. Whatever this is, I really doubt it was a planned holdup
Totally agree. If you would give me back my swatch you stole all will be forgiven. lol
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun May 17, 2020 5:01 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:25 pm
Michael K. wrote:
If he sued the city and the police it wouldn’t even be the most frivolous lawsuit that day. Personally? I’m a vindictive SOB. I’d sue everyone that walked by that house that day, the city, the cops and the damn reporters that broke the story. By the time I got done sueing everyone I’d never have to work another day! :D
Can't sue the media... not a single media member will ever write a story that he definitively did... they'll use the word "alleged." What they do is simply report on what the police have told them and quote witnesses.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 17, 2020 5:10 am

Is Dunbar saying the armed robbery didn't happen or just that he wasn't involved? And why would the other people at this gathering give false accounts initially?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 6:14 am

Nobody is saying anything yet about what actually happened other than the police report that indicates there was some sort of disturbance. My guess is the attorney is exaggerating in terms of recanting or exonerating. I think it was a confusing situation and he has been able to examine the witnesses in such a way that puts a different light on the situation. It had already been reported that the statements seem conflicting. I was thinking before it could be whether Dunbar was a willing participant or not. Its interesting that Baker seems now to be using a similar defense. His participation from the newspaper stories seems more clear cut, if he did in fact pull out a gun. And there is the 3rd person, the one with a mask, that is another wacky aspect, where did he come from?

How about this...Its being characterized as a robbery, even premeditated, but its described as beginning with an argument at a party, so these are guys that know each other, friends? Could be the participants that became the victims are beginning to feel regret for getting Baker and Dunbar in this much trouble. They are pissed, but not to the extent of wanting them doing 20 years in prison, so the stories are changing.

I had a situation like that once, my car was stolen by a couple of acquaintances. I was somewhat conflicted over calling the police. I could see that being the situation here...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Perfect timing for this Flowers ain't so bad article. They harp on the penalties and not get his around flaw which drives me insane. What exactly is the downside to turning your head and looking for the ball over 5 seconds after the snap when you know there is a 99% chance that the QB either has been sacked, has decided to run or has already thrown the ball???????????

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/5/15/21 ... ll-griffin
dt