Another writer plagiarizing the forum

D-train

Another writer plagiarizing the forum

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:46 pm

I wasn't aware of the Campbell situation. Sickening.

https://12thmanrising.com/2020/07/18/se ... sed-moves/
dt

BaseHitDerby

Re: Another writer plagiarizing the forum

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:21 pm

There's been a lot of instances where it seems apparent that writers lurk and get ideas from these forums. I mentioned it a couple times back in the old ST Mariners' forum. On one instance, I mentioned how Felix had diminished velocity and was only throwing like 89 in this opening day start at Texas. A few days later, there was an article written about it even though it was ONLY HIS FIRST START OF THE SEASON.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:40 pm

I think the majority of local sports bloggers agree with most of what's said on this forum. It's just the sports writers for local publications that seem conflicted.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:55 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:40 pm
I think the majority of local sports bloggers agree with most of what's said on this forum. It's just the sports writers for local publications that seem conflicted.
:!: I can see a writer not wanting to say PC and JS are idiots but I don't know how someone, anyone can objectively looks at this off season as a success and it is their job to point it out just as this guy did. He wasn't disrespectful, just laid down the facts. Not like PC and JS could get mad about that and not talk to a mainstream beat writer for it.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:07 am

except that it's not their job to conjecture prematurely. granted that doesnt stop some media, and as fans you have every right to, but not responsible for journalists to do that now without mentioning the big caveat that the offseason aint over. there's still every chance in the world to sign clowney or Griffen. and maybe Brown or Gordon, or even trade for Adams. and a veteran run stuffer, maybe even Dareus or Daniels.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:56 am

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:21 pm
There's been a lot of instances where it seems apparent that writers lurk and get ideas from these forums. I mentioned it a couple times back in the old ST Mariners' forum. On one instance, I mentioned how Felix had diminished velocity and was only throwing like 89 in this opening day start at Texas. A few days later, there was an article written about it even though it was ONLY HIS FIRST START OF THE SEASON.
We know Geoff Baker was on the old site (ST)

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:32 am

57reasons wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:07 am
except that it's not their job to conjecture prematurely. granted that doesnt stop some media, and as fans you have every right to, but not responsible for journalists to do that now without mentioning the big caveat that the offseason aint over. there's still every chance in the world to sign clowney or Griffen. and maybe Brown or Gordon, or even trade for Adams. and a veteran run stuffer, maybe even Dareus or Daniels.
Sure but they better do it in the next 8 days to ensure these guys get fully integrated with a new team excepting Clowney of course.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Treading water. . Hawks FO squandered 60 mil and draft picks in a draft that was strong where they are weak. No way this happens with Paul Allen. Might be it for PC/JS

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/are-the-se ... ding-water

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:05 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Treading water. . Hawks FO squandered 60 mil and draft picks in a draft that was strong where they are weak. No way this happens with Paul Allen. Might be it for PC/JS

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/are-the-se ... ding-water
Funny that people still feel obligated to say IF training camp begins when the formal announcement was yesterday. Perhaps he posted that before the announcement. I swear during the NFC Conference Championship games the announcers will talking about the winner will play the winner of the AFC game in two weeks IF the SB isn't cancelled.

I think you might have a point about Paul Allen. I suggested that the wouldn't have fired Bevel and Cable if not for him and I still believe that given the long delay between the end of the season and their firing.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Guessing there is a new philosophy of playing it safe for job security purposes. Not wanting a boom or bust cycle. Can't fire guys if they make the playoffs.
dt