My last couple of non trade/camp cuts

Hanjag

My last couple of non trade/camp cuts

Post by Hanjag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:22 am

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-n ... ents-list/

It is too difficult to predict someone coming available that might be an upgrade

I don't know what the commissioner will do with Dunbar, I hear the case will not be settled before the NFL season is over
I doubt there is an available trade possible that would equal Dunbar's potential with the 3.3M Dunbar is slated to earn
If Dunbar is out I could go for 1 of Aqib Talib #34, Tramon Williams #15 , maybe even a former #1 Rd pick Dre Kirkpatrick which has never lived up to the pick value

I think it is almost a given but adding Josh Gordon is on my list he is listed #5 on best remaining FA's

Clowney #1 was top 3,4,5 to start

DT is another thin position Only Reed and Ford grade as able to perform the other DTs suck Pone a NDFA graded out in the 40'sPFF, Seattle has a handful of big DE's that can move inside
Branden Jackson had 2 sacks in 2019 294#
LJ Collier the 1st Rd pick sucked ass as a rookie but drafted as the next Mike Bennet, high motor 280# end that migrates inside
Rasheem Green is another 280# DE that can move inside for a pass rush DT\

We talked about Marcell Darius # 21,#7 Snacks Harrison, #8 Mike Daniels, and Jernigan #13 as possible upgrades to the position but Jernigan failed a physical, Harrison has considered retirement, Daniels = Green, Darius has not been good in years

DT in draft No G Lewis and we could have had Justin Madubuike, DaVon Hamilton, Neville Gallimore, Leki Fotu or Jordan Elliott, or 1 more
I liked Gallimore, Fotu, and Madubuike just for an alt timeline

I think Pro brought up Marcell Darius who is no longer a game shifting NT who also gets 5 to 10 sack like his 1st 4 years but is only a year removed from a high 70s pff and is still going to get you 1,2,3 sacks and gives you 2 starter level NT
vs Reeds position where any of the 280#+ DEs can shift inside

In fact in my fantasy off season there is no signing of Shell and instead we sign Jason Peters for 1 year 6M
(SHip has sailed) ;-(

So 3 if Dunbar can play, 4 if not
Clowney LEO
Darius NT
Gordon WR
Tramon Williams CB
Not a lot of fat to be trimmed from the roster if more money is needed
KJ Wright is frustrating because they could have saved another million but he is owed 10M and is not a 10M dollar player they could have saved 75% but now are down to 65% of the 10M saved and a 3 and 1/2 M in dead cap
Dunbar $3,421,875
Jacob Hollister $3,259,000 no dead cap I like the player but at 1/2 that price
Carlos Hyde RB $1,500,000 $750,000 $500,000 - - - - - $2,750,000 1&1/4 deadcap
Iapati 1M in deadcap out of $2,500,000( There was some discussion that Haynes had matched or surpassed him)
Ogbuehi RT ($500,000)dead cap $2,237,500
David Moore 0 dead cap $2,133,000
Bellore 150K DC 1M+
Hill can add 800K

For arguments sake lets say Clowney can be brought in for a 1 year 15M with the other 3 we sign for 2M per
So 21M is needed but currently there is said to be 1/2 that:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/

KJ and Dunbar alone gets you there
Hill,Bellore, Moore Ogbuehi, Dunbar gets you there

DO it!

57reasons

Re: My last couple of non trade/camp cuts

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 am

agreed on the need for one more upgrade DE (Clowney or Griffen) and one more DT and all of those possible cuts to make it happen. just wonder why do you keep listing Clowney as LEO? he's the exact upgrade 5-tech we need opposite the 4 Leos we already have in Taylor, Irvin, Mayowa and Robinson. Also i hope that Green continues to improve to be Daniel's equal, but a ways to go still unless Daniel has really regressed. guess that's possible given GB let him go. I confess i never watch the Bills, and things change fast in this league, but the Dareus I remember sure sounds tempting for the right pricetag.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 am

57reasons wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 am
agreed on the need for one more upgrade DE (Clowney or Griffen) and one more DT and all of those possible cuts to make it happen. just wonder why do you keep listing Clowney as LEO? he's the exact upgrade 5-tech we need opposite the 4 Leos we already have in Taylor, Irvin, Mayowa and Robinson. Also i hope that Green continues to improve to be Daniel's equal, but a ways to go still unless Daniel has really regressed. guess that's possible given GB let him go. I confess i never watch the Bills, and things change fast in this league, but the Dareus I remember sure sounds tempting for the right pricetag.
There is only room on this forum for 1 DT!
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:52 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 am
57reasons wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 am
There is only room on this forum for 1 DT!
ok, so i guess the forum is running a 3-4 then? hope you've been eating your Wheaties to hold down the 1-tech.
btw, how can i bait TLO Idaho into one more post? - currently hijacking my number