Add Ben Baldwin to the how do these guys get paid list

D-train

Re: Add Ben Baldwin to the how do these guys get paid list

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:49 pm

To me SB contender literally means contending to go to the SB which would be playing in the conference championship game. If we don't do that this season, I will look at the season as a failure.
That's some high stakes. It's amazing how the expectations for Seahawks fans have changed this decade.
Didn't you just say we were going to be drafting in the 30s?
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Yeah but I dont consider the season a failure if they don't go to NFC Championship . Things happen. Look what happened last year. I am making a prediction based on roster talent. Also fingers crossed for a Clowney signing.

If those are met and barring disaster this team should be highly competitive.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:45 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:44 pm
D-train wrote:

Yeah but I dont consider the season a failure if they don't go to NFC Championship . Things happen. Look what happened last year. I am making a prediction based on roster talent. Also fingers crossed for a Clowney signing.

Maybe failure is too strong. Won't meet expectations.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:47 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:32 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:49 pm

To me SB contender literally means contending to go to the SB which would be playing in the conference championship game. If we don't do that this season, I will look at the season as a failure.
That's some high stakes. It's amazing how the expectations for Seahawks fans have changed this decade.
I can handle lowered expectations, but not right now. The best QB in the Conference plays In Seattle.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:45 pm
ThePro wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:44 pm
D-train wrote:

Maybe failure is too strong. Won't meet expectations.
It's ok if you expect that team to go to a Superbowl. I just remember if you said Superbowl or NFC Championship. Hell even the playoffs . People would burst into laughter. I just find it interesting that most fans expect to compete for a Superbowl.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:02 am

I remember debates over how they shouldn't extend RW because of how difficult it makes putting a championship team around a QB. Weren't there stats about teams missing the playoffs after giving their QB a lucrative extension? I think they have bucked that trend, they have build a team around him but get no credit for it.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:36 pm

don't know a thing about fantasy football, seems a disconnect to actual football, RW the 76th most valuable player?
Chris Carson is the most valuable Seahawk in fantasy. Russell Wilson, who is clearly the player Seattle can least afford to lose, is ranked 76th. Wilson is the sixth-highest rated quarterback, behind quarterbacks like Kyler Murray. However, showing just how valued running backs are in the fantasy world, Carson is the 19th highest-ranked back.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:36 pm
don't know a thing about fantasy football, seems a disconnect to actual football, RW the 76th most valuable player?
Chris Carson is the most valuable Seahawk in fantasy. Russell Wilson, who is clearly the player Seattle can least afford to lose, is ranked 76th. Wilson is the sixth-highest rated quarterback, behind quarterbacks like Kyler Murray. However, showing just how valued running backs are in the fantasy world, Carson is the 19th highest-ranked back.
I played it one year in 1998. I drafted Randy Moss with my first pick and everyone laughed. I won the whole thing going away and then road off into the sunset. Just can't imagine rooting for guys to do well vs. the Hawks.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:49 pm

btw I retract on Galloway being elite. A guy on twitter brought him up as well. He wasn't elite with us.

Yes, I knew I had to be missing someone. But now looking at his numbers he only caught between 57-72 passes for us and his catch/target % was never above 50% so I wouldn't call that elite even back in the 90s.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:49 pm
btw I retract on Galloway being elite. A guy on twitter brought him up as well. He wasn't elite with us.

Yes, I knew I had to be missing someone. But now looking at his numbers he only caught between 57-72 passes for us and his catch/target % was never above 50% so I wouldn't call that elite even back in the 90s.
I don't know what is considered elite but he was pretty spectacular and that was with John Freisz throwing him the ball.